***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

fancy widgets actually has the htc-ish widget. plus you can change the theme to honeycomb or others. the free version has plenty of customizations, select your own weather app to open when you tap the forecast...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.anddoes.fancywidgets&hl=en
    sweatyBeef likes this.
  2. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

With the $100 card and a $50 New every2 I am looking at $150 off the price,I will be there the first day it goes on sale at the store...My mind is made up,No if,and,or buts about it.
  3. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

vzw site says i've only got a $30 credit, even tho i'm the primary and only one on my account. what's the difference in credit?
  4. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

I am not sure,but I have 5 wireless lines with them. Plus I also get 15% NYPD discount too.
  5. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i'm sure this has been posted, but here's the pertinent part of panda/blackmannx's poem

"as bean counters try to figuare
    how with super-phones aplenty
    with skins good and plenty

can they make a pretty penny
    on a device with no bloat like so many
    that adorn their shelves so pretty..
    As thanksgiving doth approach
    and turkey’s doth croak

a panda holds his belly and cries
    As full as a tick

I would use Chrome to tick
    as Online only looks like the pick"

sounds like it'll be online only before thanksgiving (it says "as TG approaches")
  6. Dmw017

Dmw017 Active Member

"A googol of responses! If you haven't found the message, here's a hint: Dots are like flag signals"
    Latest twitter from Google...
  7. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Sure hope they know what they are talking about! The pre TG would be awesome.................looks more like web only on the 21st..........
  8. skater57

skater57 Well-Known Member

Just wondering how much do think I could get for my incredible 2 on eBay or whatever I have the money for the nexus but I wanna sell this after I get it so I can put a little down payment on my asus transformer prime
  9. saulback

saulback Active Member

A tweet from @googlenexus

10. metlcat

metlcat Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I just got back from a Verizon store (corporate) and played with the Razor. I was impressed by how thin it was, but as some have said it does seem quite wide.

The manager came up to me and I asked him about the Gnex and he said he knew it was going to be released within two weeks, "I can tell you that for a fact." He also said they had already received accessories.

I don't care how they sell this phone, so long as I can get it soon. Hang in there little Eris...
    Travillion likes this.
  11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think that this poem only represents his opinion, not anything he's hearing. He's already said in previous posts that Google has no idea what Verizon will do, and that's it up to them.

Also, the VP from Google, in that news video with Fox Business, responded "It's their phone" when he was asked when it would release.
  12. snowmancomic

snowmancomic Well-Known Member

On the other hand, there are now three independent people (BMX, Kellex, and Phil from A/C) whom have heard that there is a good possibility this phone will be offered online.

Maybe it is indeed online to begin with, in stores at a later date.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  13. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

Did I miss this interview or are you referring to the Samsung VP?
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Yeah, that's true. Good point. I forgot that BMX used to work for Verizon, so I'm sure he's got friends in high places there.

I feel, though, that not even the higher ups in Verizon know exactly when it's releasing. My sister called it a "soft launch date" that could change at any time. I think they're trying to hedge their bets as much as possible, and with the RAZR selling poorly so far by certain reports, they're probably rethinking their strategy.

If Google doesn't know what Verizon is doing, that means that there was no contractual obligation to release it on a certain date, like there might be with other manufacturers. Verizon might be stalling in order to sell off more of the RAZRs and those, um, HTC phones.

I'm thinking Verizon probably overestimated the public's desire for the RAZR, and underestimated their desire (not just ours) for the SGN, and they're trying to figure out what to do.
    snowmancomic likes this.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

16. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i don't think the gnex is the reason why razr isn't selling. i think it's the iphone 4s.
    alprazolam and eddieruko like this.
  17. IgnatiusXIX

Yeah that's the one I thought you were referring to. Sammys VP of product planning. Thought I missed an interview someone from el Goog did or something. *phew* heaven forbid I miss any related info on our sweet desire hahaha
  18. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Oh yeah, sorry. My bad. Should have said Samsung vp.
  19. puppeteer

puppeteer Well-Known Member

A suggestion for the challenge for tomorrow would be that we start a new thread specifically for that question. I'll gladly do that tomorrow. of course, someone else is certainly welcome to.
  20. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

What if it's online only,full price,warranties go thru Samsung,or goggle but can be used on Verizon's network.And Verizon gets to sell accessories.And charge you to activate.No subsidies.
  21. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

OUCH!!! That would be a downer, but VZW loses control then.
  22. IgnatiusXIX

You about sent me on a never ending goose chase for a video that didn't exist Han ;)
  23. VJKotts

VJKotts Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying the RAZR and exchanging it later for the GNex. Would this be easy to do? I'm ok with paying the exchange/termination fee because I am travelling this week and would like to test out the RAZR and have fun with it. What if it is online only? How would I exchange it then?
  24. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Not really we still have to pay them to use there network and they don't have fuss with the phone's when we hack them and **** them up.Dumb pipe experiment.
  25. dazedniteman

dazedniteman Member

I did just that / am planning on doing just that. I bought the RAZR from Best Buy last night. They have a 14 day full return - meaning I can return the phone and still have my upgrade available and a 30 day exchange which means that I can swap out the RAZR for another RAZR or another phone (I'd have to pay the difference and being that SGN will be 299 [most likely] it would be a straight swap).

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether Best Buy will offer the SGN online at the same time that Verizon does. If they do not, then I am hoping verizon releases it within 14 days to make things easier for me. Either way, I have a new phone to replace my original Moto Droid and, as long as it is released in the next 29 days, I will be getting the SGN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.