1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Fixed. :)
  2. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Ya the homescreen redraw was never an issue outside of Froyo roms for me but the lock messaging app in memory didn't completely work I still was periodically missing messages. To my knowledge it doesn't happen to me on the stock rom though. Tradeoffs :-\
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

No, that there's no date given.

Nupe.

None taken.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I dunno

Bingo... this is the truth.
    nj02vette, EarlyMon and Travillion like this.
  4. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

5. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Where's the freaking news at????
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Locked in a verizon building somewhere.
    nj02vette likes this.
  7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I can't fully speak for Stephen but I think that he meant that they have been actively pushing the date back. At one point, the rumored release was before Halloween, then Nov. 3rd, then the 11th. Now the title says 17th, but others point to 21st. There hasn't been any indication that it's going to be later, but Stephen has noted that it has already been pushed back from when it should have been released. At least, that's what is speculated based on info from the Sources.

Edit: Ninja'd by Steven himself. :)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

P3Droid
    What would you do if u had a nexus today? Would you theme it..over clock it..wifitether it...what?

Me: @P3Droid If I had a #nexus today I would check the weather in hell to see if it froze over
    Cam and Sushibagel like this.
  9. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

Me too. I don't care that people think it's the same game.

New maps + new weapons + new perks + new kill streaks ect. keep me addicted.

They added a multitude of new ways to successfully play the game, and that makes online play an udder joy (when you aren't in a slump :( )

There isn't a single FPS that has better online multiplayer IMHO.

Now let's just hope I enjoy the Gnex as much as I've enjoyed MW3.
  10. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

sweatyBeef, skater57 and 3vil like this.
  11. jester6x

jester6x Well-Known Member

I'm having a blast playing too. I have a dual monitor set up and when I am playing the left one is on MW3 and the right one has this thread up and I am always refreshing.

Mw3 and Nexus news FTW! haha
  12. tluley51

Woah pal, woah. This is a Nexus forum, no need for the video game rant...

Anyways, how about someone finds more sources to annoy??
  13. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

I do like the kill confirmed but for most part it its mw 2.5 to me. The lag its pretty atrocious
  14. tluley51

Why don't you guys get each others gamertags and talk Nexus while you run around the maps aimlessly? Sounds like a good idea to me... :)
    jester6x likes this.
  15. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Battlefield 3
    somato, Skytown and 3vil like this.
  16. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

Don't like it as much, why I added the IMHO, as it is subjective ;)

And here's a question that's probably already been answered, if one orders it online, will it need to be taken into verizon to activate?

Coming from a non 4g phone.
  17. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Guess we can take this as confirmation that VZW locked the tethering feature. Even though it's a nexus this doesn't come as a surprise
  18. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Nope they'll send a sim with it if you buy on contract and activation is over the phone. You can do it online also
  19. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

I believe you activate it online since it has a sim card

*well rats I was to slow...
  20. ruestor

ruestor Well-Known Member

Well I went to Verizon today. I was feeling left out, not having inspected the Razr for myself. It's a nice enough phone. Felt ok in the hand, not very warm at all.
    I spotted a rep that has chatted with me for over two years and thought I'd give it my best shot to get any Nexus tidbit to share with my Android family. My approach was to ask about a tablet one of my family members was interested in. She was aware of it but didn't know if Big Red would be getting it at all. Then I eased into the Nexus by totally butchering the name.
    She was totally aware of the SGN. In fact she was excited about it and preceeded to give me a lot of info on it..including that its 32g and Verizon didn't take the SGII because they wanted a phone that the other carriers wouldn't have. (Her info..not me) I asked her if she had one I could see. Here's the rest from Sam (not her real name)
    Sam: I don't have them yet.
    Me: Oh, so I would have to wait a long time? This upgrade I have is eating a hole in my pocket.
    Sam: No I'm guessing it will be here this Friday. Or it might be the following Monday. We already have the accessories and we get training this week. We usually have the phones 3 or 4 days after that.
    Me: Wow! so this phone you've got me totally geeked about could be in this Friday?
    Sam: They don't tell us the exact day phones drop anymore. Most reps have a big mouth and would be telling everybody. We'll be told the day before or the day of the release. I'm sure I'll have the demo in here this week. I'll call you. Come by, we'll take it for a ride!
    Me: That would be cool. Now would I order this phone online?
    Sam: Not this one, we'll have stock in store.
    Me: Oh wait...I'm leaving town on the 22nd for Thanksgiving. I guess I'll have to wait until I get back.
    Sam: Tuesday the 22nd? I would hope you'd have your phone by then. If something changes, I'll just preordeer it for you since it will be in the warehouse. You'l have it to play with a few days before its released.
    Me: Out of curiosity, how's Razr sales so far. That's a pretty slick phone.
    Sam: Soft...wait for the Nexus.

That's all I could get. I know when to back away and be cool. I could see the manager looking at us and didn't want to get her in trouble. If she is excited now, wait until she goes through training!

I hope you all can get something in the conversation to help you hold out another week or two. I'm convinced this phone is all its promised to be.
    ASC, lennydude, Stigy and 37 others like this.
  21. JArthur

JArthur Member

I have to disagree Tribes 2 had one of the best online player experience, up to 64 players per map, back when people still used dial up to play online. (Houston Vehicles server for the win..)
  22. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

We have gone over and over the fact that VZW reps don't know anything more than we know about the SGN at this point.

Trying to milk them for information is like milking ourselves because they are getting the information from us (most likely).
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  23. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

The leaked smartphone comparison matrix showed that tethering is at an extra cost for all of the phones listed, including the Nexus.
  24. tluley51

Is this just for wifi tether? Or does this include USBtethering too? I see PDAnet and EasyTether are still on the Market, and I would think would work with any phone...
  25. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

I love this post! You totally had her eating out of your hand...
    HunterBrooke and jmar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.