***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Do we think Google or Samsung will advertise this device as much as they do the SGSII? I see those commercials frequently.

Advertisement
  2. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Been out of town, nothing solid still? :(
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

The advantage of rooting out of the box is that you lose no user data and settings. The disadvantage is that you void the warranty out of the box... and not having a Gnex track record to go by, it's a total crapshoot as to whether you'll have a perfectly fine, rooted Gnex or a half-brick that you can't get fixed under warranty.

And THAT'S a decision we will all have to make individually.
    Travillion and jbdan like this.
  4. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Ahh sorry, I missed that.
  5. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Interesting on the android dashboard, no updates on the platform counts since November 3rd. Is there something G doesn't want us to see?

Platform Versions | Android Developers

Just doing my usual geek stuff and usually it is updated weekly.
  6. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

Highlight...
    try this next time...color=f5f5ff

vandyman likes this.
  7. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Yeah! The back ground is not exactly white is it.
    It is another way to hide some info instead of using the hide button...But to see it you need to high light it with your mouse..:cool:

PS.. Some how I have a mad android at the top of my post . Hmmmm. mistake..
  8. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Like what?
  9. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

yeah see my last post... try color=f5f5ff
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

The more I think about it, though, the more I become convinced: once this thing is actually released, some Android prodigy out there will find a way to unlock the phone's system files without having to wipe the phone.

Thus, for some odd and serendipitous reason, I am not worried :)
  11. vandyman

Yep, got it , thanks...:)
  12. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

13. vandyman

WOW, Sams Club on Black Friday will have the Galaxy SII for AT@T for .96 and the Samsung Charge for Verizon for .96.

Really good deals...
  14. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Maybe Steven or another Mod could check the website stats to see if they detect 4.0 being used..... :)
    MoPhoMan and Cam like this.
  15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Who cares....where's my Nexus!?!?!? :mad:;)
  16. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

That's a hell of a deal... Too bad the sg2 will be stuck on gingerbread for the next year.
  17. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I stopped by my local Verizon store (Folsom, CA) and asked about the Nexus. They at least knew of it :p I asked when it would be out, and they both kind of shrugged and smirked and said "probably the end of the month." and when I pressed them, they mentioned Black Friday. Nothing concrete, but they did get that "I know something you don't know" look when I asked.
  18. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

sams you have to be an member correct. Was looking at that deal no ics tho is an deal breaker for me
  19. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Ruestor, that is amazing news! Thanks for sharing!!! That post has restored my hope for the day. Woooo this is going to be an amazing week!!!!! And also so torturous...I am not happy tomorrow is only sunday LOL!
  20. vandyman

Its a good deal if someone wanted to add a line for their family member...;)
  21. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

True
  22. vandyman

Yes you need to be a member.
    If the Nexus is here before then, I wonder if Sams will have a better price or package deal.
  23. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

No. Tribes 2 was for T1 players who couldn't hack it on a ladder or played renegades or whatever other crap mods for T1. The first game was where it was at, especially for broadband users. :)
  24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

UAStrings are easily spoofed. ;)
  25. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

Now you guys see why I got obnoxious and crass? And picked up my marbles and went home crying!? :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.