***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

You might be right. What does a camera and an art show have to do with a music store? And why have a whole big event for a music store... hasn't Apple and Amazon been there done that? Seems like there has to be more to it or people are going to be really disappointed.
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Well, it all depends on the music store I guess. If Google offers songs for a nickle then it will be pretty big.;)
    3vil likes this.
  3. skater57

skater57 Well-Known Member

Camera ehh? maybe the're going to anounce some 3d Android powered camera
  4. Dmw017

Dmw017 Active Member

huh? o_O
    i know about the pic and everything but.. not sure what ur tryign to say about the los angeles part
  5. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Just that the Art Show (1/19) and the Google Event are in the same place. Just giving some meaning to the billboard, if there is any meaning to be had. Could be a stretch.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Omg - i just opened this and saw the 19th and freaked out because, of course, I didn't read all of the prior posts. Why did I freak out? No, not because it would be after the 17th (although that would suck) but because I am going to dinner on the 19th with friends and they would NOT understand if I were to cancel so I could lock myself in my room with my phone all day. :/
    Crashumbc likes this.
  7. Dmw017

Dmw017 Active Member

ah. i saw a picture of the actual location before Google got there and the only thing they added was the android in the lower right corner and the t-mobile sign. Obviously they picked that spot for a reason (beatles pic primarily imo) but yeah, maybe the art show thing has something to do with it too
  8. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member

Let this be a lesson to you! From now on, you must provide a disclaimer to the other parties "all plans are tentative until I have had a Nexus in my hand for at least 24 hours!"
  9. BabyBlues

This is a very good idea. I am implementing this, now.
  10. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Or get them to all to buy Nexus' and you can NFC each other at the dinner table.
  11. BabyBlues

I wish. I'll be in the minority with my android. 4 of them have fruit phones. :(
    My brother and sister in law have Incredibles.

Anyone wanna come have dinner so we are an even 4/4?? :D
  12. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Well I hate to say it but you just described the last 2 Nexus releases that all of us Verizon customers have had to endure only to be disappointed. I feel your pain but having been the red headed step child the last two releases while others have got their Nexus I can't say I don't feel it's about time we got ours.

You will get your GSM version something that never came Verizon's way the last two Nexii. Just be patient and it will come. That's something that all of us Verizon customers never got.
    breadnatty08 and Dmw017 like this.
  13. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Is this a new dating requirement? Must love Android? :p:D
  14. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

I think when Google and Samsung are really finally tired of the back handed treatment by Verizon they will just release an ad for the SGN and call Verizon out. This seems to be a crappy deal for Verizon to basically corner the market so the competition can't release a phone then sit on it. I'd love to give Verizon the benefit of the doubt but their past certainly preceeds them in screwing people over.
    Travillion likes this.
  15. BabyBlues

Hmmm, that could be a good idea. :D
  16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Well, goodnight fellow Earthlings. We're going to visit a college for my son tomorrow. Ttyl.

Your humble servant,
    Steven
    EarlyMon and CinLou like this.
  17. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Probably want someone who understands why you keep squirming because they are twisted from your new phone too. :p
  18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You may have missed what I was saying prior to this. Verizon is hands-off with the advertising on the Nexus from what I understand. All the marketing at this point is Google and Samsung only. Verizon will probably get to do some ads after the initial launch, but right now they aren't supposed to touch it. The lack of mainstream advertising is really more Google and Samsung than it is Verizon.
    Travillion likes this.
  19. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

My main question is why is T-mo so prominently displayed? The going theory is that this event is for a Google Music Store announcement. What would an individual carrier have to do with that?

They're actually better off because they can import a GSM Nexus, VZW folks didn't have that choice with the N1 or Nexus S. That being said, I still sympathize with our GSM brothers and sisters, and wish them all the best in getting a subsidized SGN.
  20. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

No, I got that. I was referring to the seeming run around for when Verizon is actually going to release this thing. I can't imagine Samsung/Google is thrilled to wait because Verizon doesn't want to release this with the Razr launch happening and the interview with the Samsung VP kind of shows this by putting the launch in Verizon's lap. I just think that if Samsung/Google get tired of the run around from Verizon on releasing this thing that they eventually could put out an ad for it with a final tag line stating "coming soon to Verizon" which would put pressure on Verizon to release it. I also think this is pretty much a nuclear option to light a fire under Verizon and would be the last option that would be played. I also think that while Google has said that Motorola would act completely independant after their merger that Google would put some pressure on Verizon through Motorola (Verizon's seemingly favorite OEM).
  21. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

I as an att customer think the chances of version coming to att subsidized before summer is highly unlikely. An phone in general with ics otb not till spring at the earliest.its sad I guess and hope my captivate can last that long
  22. BabyBlues

Good night! Have fun college shopping.

So very true. So I guess an android enthusiast is a must!
  23. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Didn't post at all today, so I figured I'd sneak this one in here before I went to sleep.
    I had my first Nexus dream last night, and I'm sure it's the first of many ;)

Anyway, night all.
    CinLou likes this.
  24. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

I certainly do too and in a perfect world Google would release on all carriers at the same time. But as we have seen both in the past and seemingly currently that isn't the case.

I do hope that someday the Nexus line is similar to the fruity phone is that Google announces a date and the carriers and that the release happens across all those carriers simultaneously.
    Tytan likes this.
  25. BabyBlues

Night! Sweet nexus dreams to you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.