***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to release anything with any kind of importance on Black Friday. People shopping on Black Friday are looking for deals and there is no way Verizon is going to give any deal on any of the big 3 phones.

nexus15, lennydude and Travillion like this.
  2. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I can tell you it does get old.
    Travillion likes this.
  3. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

The only thing I have seen was in the P3Droid article posted earlier in the thread

Galaxy Nexus Review

Which he says it performs well in sunlight...so that's a positive. I hate that about my incredible as well. Can't see a darned thing in the sunlight.
    rsb148, CinLou and EarlyMon like this.
  4. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the refresher link :) Sounds like the screen shouldn't be an issue, phew.
  5. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence. (Unger's unseen wife slams door, only to reopen it and angrily hand Felix his saucepan) That request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that someday, he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his childhood friend, Oscar Madison. Sometime earlier, Madison's wife had thrown him out, requesting that he never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?".....My wife will be throwing me out if I spend any more time on this thread looking for any info.
    rsb148, drbugsmn and EarlyMon like this.
  6. Interestingman

Interestingman Well-Known Member

I've been using a Rezound since yesterday, and I've had pretty good luck with the battery, too. Makes me really excited for the Nexus'.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

Question regarding upgrade pricing and strategy, if anyone can help.

My son and I both have DIncs. I'm the main # on my plan and am due for upgrade on the 29th of December, with $50 loyalty. His phone is already eligible for discounted upgrade (I bought it for one year price, thinking I might want to use an earlier upgrade.)

I called to get my loyalty date moved up, since we both want to upgrade, but they said no. I know some people have gotten dates moved up by calling and asking a different CSR, but my question is: Have people gotten the loyalty upgrade date moved up, or just the discounted upgrade date moved up?

We have 4 smartphone lines for years, always pay bill on time, etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  8. Zivman

Zivman Active Member

the N1 has made it through 2 summers with me, with nothing more than replacing the speaker.... it gets dirty and sound staticy, but I am able to do that on my own.

I will look into a square trade policy as well as my American Express card's coverage.
  9. Interestingman

They can move the date, but usually not the $50 discount. Which is dumb.
    fran1r likes this.
  10. Interestingman

Also, VZW used to be a lot better about allowing early upgrades. If you go in a store, the best they can do is 7 days early.
    fran1r likes this.
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Did you have the AMOLED or LCD Incredible? I wasn't happy with either of those screen types in bright sunlight (have owned both), but I'd like your take, thanks. :)
  12. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Lions will win today though I'd rather see duh bears take it. Go Falcons!
    Interestingman likes this.
  13. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more with the section that I made bold above.
  14. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

It's time to put my OG to rest.
  15. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

As an interesting note, while watching the cowboys vs bills game so far, they've shown a razr commercial that seems to be new, but also that one of the sponsors of the game is the rezound. Of course it was only a short tidbit, but all they mention was the beats audio. No formal commercials seen for it yet though.
  16. jt02gt

jt02gt Well-Known Member

Just thought I would share this for people who may be changing from att,tmo, or sprint to big red. I was on tigerdirect.com this morning and just checked out cell phones through them and they have razr and rezound for 249.99 for new service prices (not sure if works with existing service) but maybe they will be doing something similar for gnex?

Little off topic: picked up a Char-Broil Big Easy no-oil turkey fryer this morning and will be doing first non-oven turkey this year, hopefully will be delicious.
  17. Interestingman

I'm used to Invisible Shield screen protectors... are ArmorSuit good products?
  18. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Inject it with some flavor and you will have the best turkey you ever had.
  19. stgmngr210

stgmngr210 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's an integrated media cloud service?
    I know they already have one for music, and there's Picasa...but, maybe they're tying it altogether. Which would be GREAT for the Nexus, since there's no SD slot.
  20. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

In the review, I am not following the end of this line part,

GMail: the new Gmail has preview text on the screen. This is a welcome addition.

"But my favorite new items are native *.apk download and install plus viewing of images inline."
  21. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

I have had both. Neither is any good in the sunlight. basically my only gripe with my cm7 dinc. Had it since day one.
  22. jt02gt

jt02gt Well-Known Member

What do you recommend, am planning on dry rub also
  23. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

What a fun thread! I too am waiting for the Galaxy Nexus for my next android phone. No 4g in my area, so I've been using the Inc2 (like) and the Droid 3 (dislike - sold yesterday). Gnex will be my first 4g phone, unfortunately no 4g in my area yet. My experience with the post GB Droid X, and the Droid 3 has pushed me away from Motorola until they can figure out how to make a smooth ui and a decent camera!

I can't wait..... But I guess I have to. Just like everyone else here. Now, if the Gnex is delayed , I might go for a rezound. Maybe, but probably not.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  24. Rightontime

Rightontime Well-Known Member

That was a pretty good review by p3droid. Glad to see there is lockscreen music controls now
  25. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

Mine too. It is dying on me and may not make it another couple of weeks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.