***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. coach26

coach26 Well-Known Member

off topic...

Baby Blues, if your avatar gets any more real looking, your gonna make us have to censor it!!!!!! Good God!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

There's no button. Which is why they embedded the widget.
    red66charger likes this.
  3. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

No censorship needed. ;)
    EKG, rafier, bldgengineer and 3 others like this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I know. I mean it would be less intrusive if it was a software button, like the menu, home, etc. For people who like a clean, minimalist interface, it will be annoying.
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Then why be here Gapi, maybe you should be the one to move on to greener pastures.:rolleyes:
  6. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

You are correct, but isn't that the point of this thread? Chatting about all the rumors out there and what we think of them? :D
  7. iSyntac

iSyntac Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for Skyrim! Its making the wait for this bad boy infinitely more bearable.
  8. Grandmadroid

Grandmadroid Well-Known Member

oh my.....somebody's a little constipated this morning....;)
    jbdan likes this.
  9. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

According to BMX, you CAN remove the search bar. So perhaps the version that P3 had didn't allow it, or perhaps it's hidden in some settings somewhere that he didn't find?

Twitter
    Gandalf7 and jbdan like this.
  10. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

11. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, Steven. Now I'll have "Who Watches the Watchmen?" in my head all day long. LOL! :D
  12. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

gapi is publicly voicing what most if not not all of us nexHeads have felt/thought during this launch. It's part of the healing process ;)

We know what he stated, but we're here to feed the addictions not to be realistic :p
  13. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

You think this phone will be discounted if you wait a week more to Cyber Monday (if it were released on the 21st that is)? Then again, I guess you risk the demand being so high that you have to be put on a backorder list if you wait. I doubt if the RAZR stayed in stock for the most part though, the Gnex wouldn't. Even the Razr is $189.99 on Amazon now for upgrading the account. With the Razr expected to be the flagship for Verizon, I'm thinking going into the holiday season we can see a drop within a week at a great price? As much as I hate my OG Droid and can't wait for this release I may try and test my patience and wait another week.
  14. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Like me. I use LauncherPro and have a pretty minimalist interface. Not liking that search bar but still debating whether or not to use LauncherPro when I get this.

I would miss certain features like swipe gestures and the ability to pick the number of screens.

What do you all plan to do with regards to launchers?
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I admire your patience. I'm so sick of doing the pee pee dance over this thing I want it to be over with already.

I'm surprised the RAZR is that low even for upgrading on Amazon. Maybe the terrible sales had something to do with it? Reports indicated that not many people were interested in it on launch weekend.
    Reborn58 likes this.
  16. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Rockin' the stock launcher for a while till I become bored with it.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Exactly my point. The ICS launcher has so much going for it, I'm not going to give up on it over a Google search bar unless I have to (which I would if I can't disable it with root).

I'll stick with it until CyanogenMod comes out with something, probably.
  18. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I think for the next phone launch someone needs to come teach me video games. I feel I am missing out on something hearing you all talk about them. (And my brother doesn't have the patience - I'm not dumb - just takes me a minute to get the hang of stuff like that)

Realistic? What is that?
    sweatyBeef and jbdan like this.
  19. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I too normally run LPP, but with no update in something like 6 months, it is getting a bit stale for me. I am actually looking forward to using the stock launcher because I am sure it will be more up to date than LPP.
  20. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member

Hans,
    Seems like your sister is letting out a little bit more info? Maybe also another clue that a release is imminent and doesn't need to be so tight lipped anymore?

I'm starting to wonder if its a soft..i.e. not a big deal release..that it could be next Monday? or does it not make a big difference? Who knows how VZW thinks.
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

22. BabyBlues

Lets go really off the beaten path - have we entertained the idea of it showing up on the website tomorrow? Vigor is out today, Razr seems to have abysmal sales - maybe they decide to throw this one out and hope for a pick me up on the sales figures.
    sweatyBeef likes this.
  23. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

NOOOO!!! I just found out I have training that I absolutely cannot miss any section of on the 17th!! Hope there's a pre-order or a 21st release date now!
  24. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

True, but even though it hasn't been updated in 6 months there are still endless ways you can continue to customize. I don't know. The stock ICS launcher does seem really nice but I know I will miss the pretty much limitless customization options with the different launchers out there.

Either way, at least we get to choose! And that's why I stick with Android.
  25. BabyBlues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.