***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I found a system that works:

Verizon has a 2 week rule for most highly anticipated smart phones where if Verizon hasn't announced a release date, it cannot arrive before the next 2 weeks because Verizon has been doing 2 week pre-orders for 99% of the highly anticipated/flagship smart phones for the past 2 years.

It's not flawless but it is a good rule of thumb. My guess is that this won't arrive until December at the EARLIEST imposing the 2 week rule.

Of course this research could all be out the window since it is a Nexus :p

These my 5 release dates estimates:

Thurs Dec 1,
    Thurs Dec 8,
    Thurs Dec 15,
    Thurs Dec 22,
    Thurs Dec 29

Advertisement
  2. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Another person has a announce/release schedule from verizon and the day sit took for people to have the phone. How accurate it is, I'm not sure, but the iphone took 30 days from announce to release. The nexus on his list is shown as being veiled on 10/21...11/21
    Travillion likes this.
  3. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

That is actually not true at all. Someone a few pages back did the research and found that most phones have 10 days or less. Many anticipated phones are only announced 1-2 days prior to release.

I'll go back and find the link...

EDIT- http://androidforums.com/3460596-post28179.html
    Travillion likes this.
  4. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

What about the Rezound?
  5. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

$60 for the dock seems really expensive. Especially when the HDMI cable is not included.

I could either buy an HDMI cable for around $20, or buy the dock for $60, and then the HDMI cable for $20.

It is nice having the dock, but I am not sure it is a $60 convenience.
  6. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

If it's a December release, which I don't believe it will be, I'll be buying another battery for my OG Droid and toughing it out till the next gen phones come out in Q1-Q2 2012
  7. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

8. Sketchr

Sketchr VIP Member VIP Member

So it's fair to say you're somewhat still on the fence about going Nexus after using the Rezound?

I'm likely going Nexus(Razr is ruled out, whew!) but tempted by the Rezound because I really like Sense and the other features look promising.

If you do go Nexus, what is the feature that is likely to lure you over from what the Rezound offers?
  9. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Highwayman and MoPhoMan like this.
  10. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

I wish when I click on the Galaxy Nexus add to learn more it would tell me release date for Verizon, and all other carriers
  11. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Well-Known Member

Monoprice is an AWESOME site. We just built a home, and I did all the low voltage wiring. Monoprice stuff is economical, and is usually extremely good quality. I can't recomend it enough!
    coach26, Ninjak, Stigy and 1 other person like this.
  12. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

And cliff diving is a good sport without a glider too.:p
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

14. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

nexus15, MoPhoMan and RadYOacTiVe like this.
  15. vandyman

16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

That right there proves why he's the Windsock, in case anyone was still wondering. :rolleyes:
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

No, he specifically said Nexus. But who cares. It's the Windsock!
  18. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

The ASUS Nexus!? WHERE!? :)
  19. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

he said "NEXUS" in the tweet.
  20. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

21. ajoudi84

ajoudi84 Well-Known Member

In CNET UK's short video hands-on, it's mentioned that the phone has the capability to snap still photos as you're recording a video. Anybody else here that? If it's true that would definitely be nifty. :)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Reviews | CNET UK
    Mahalo likes this.
  22. vandyman

I understand what he said, But did he make mistake and mean PRIME?;)
  23. Interestingman

Interestingman Well-Known Member

Great questions! I'd like to get my hands on ICS ASAP. While I know that it will come to the Rezound, then I've got some useless and/or redundant capacitive keys on the bottom of my screen (not that big of a deal, probably). I'm REALLY looking forward to a phone without any bloatware on it. The Nexus battery should be better, especially with the ICS enhancements, which is important to me. Superficially, I'm excited for a more versatile LED notifier. I'm also really looking forward to NFC and using that.

This is my first HTC device and I'm impressed with the widget selection, the ease of setting up email accounts, on 4G, the phone absolutely blazes. I have yet (only been a couple of days) had any kind of freeze, lag, or glitch switching between apps, pulling up sites, downloading apps/movies. I would have to agree with BMX that this is a top-notch phone... and I have yet to even sample the Beats part! Been too busy downloading all my old apps, playing with Sense and camera (which in my tests has been much better than the Razr, for sure). FWIW.
    Sketchr likes this.
  24. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Just curious, because someone I know won't stop telling me how much he hates them, but who on here HATES Verizon? I personally don't because of their coverage, speeds, customer support ect., but I am just curious to see how many people dislike them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.