1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delvirtud

Delvirtud Well-Known Member

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I was shocked at how easy it was for the DInc, then the TB got it done and figured the Rezound wouldn't be out for long at all before they got that one done too.

Glad to hear the Samsung phones are easy. I'm about to start searching out the easist possible instructions on those to get into the Continuum.
  3. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

I know its a stretch; but do you remember the Droid and Droid Eris?... Same day.
  4. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

The Windsock is really starting to drive me nuts. Now he has me biting my nails and stressing out again...haha.

I was so happy and sure about a 17th release...
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

He also strongly hinted in the past that Verizon wouldn't even carry it in the first place. He goes to a lot of extremes with no info.

Wow. Thanks for the info. That makes it much more appealing. Looks like I'll be getting a new device this November, one way or another. :)

Aww, you're adorable.
    EKG and EarlyMon like this.
  6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

haha, yea that was right when Android was really picking up heat. Nice diggin.
  7. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I added an apology after in edit, but I still feel like that's a good sign. I feel confident we will see this phone released 11/17, as we were told a long time ago by Steven's source. Time will tell, but shame on all of us doubting Thomas' if he/she was right all along.
  8. Delvirtud

Delvirtud Well-Known Member

For what it is worth Samsung just emailed (which was then FYIed to me) my cellular provider (Verizon reseller) with the info below.

We are hoping to launch by Black Friday, but nothing is set in stone as of yet. Still waiting on Technical Approval.
    mistermojorizi and Stigy like this.
  9. ScorpionX

ScorpionX Active Member

I've never had a problem with Verizon and I've been with them since mid 2001 (little over 10 years now).
  10. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Latest from P3
    My response
    rhietpas and harpua like this.
  11. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

How did the conversation go?

When you asked, did the person respond right away saying that, or did he put you on hold and take a minute to look it up?

If it was a quick reply then he might just be uninformed and saying what he guesses. If the reply had to take some amount of time or thought then perhaps it carries more weight.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I'm not too worried. The Windsock literally said there was a good chance that Verizon wouldn't carry it because of problems with Samsung, and then the next day Verizon announced they would be carrying it.

If he does ever have info, it appears to be really old.

I've put in a text to my sister asking if a December release is possible, and I'm waiting to hear back.
    EKG, ajoudi84, SPLover and 7 others like this.
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Here's the HTC device review from the Verge, if anyone's interested.

HTC Rezound review | The Verge

Doesn't look too fat to me. Does anyone know how good the HTC cameras are?
    Tytan likes this.
  14. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

15. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

16. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

I am calling BS on Pee3 because he just contradicted himself. He said something about it not being baked yet. Well if it is baked enough for the rest of the entire planet to be getting it on the 17th, then why would it not be ready for Verizon? Certainly other carriers out there will have the LTE version besides Verizon release this on the 17th....
  17. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Unlocked (unencrypted) bootloader and a good camera will make it very hard to resist this phone right now. Seriously thought about a 2nd line just to test out a new phone while we wait this nexus fiasco out :eek:
  18. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

13.7mm thick...that's like 30-40% thicker than the Gnex
  19. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Gonna Pm all sources.
  20. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

No. The only version that is confirmed to be releasing on the 17th is the GSM version. As far as I know, Verizon is the only confirmed carrier that will offer the LTE version any time this year.
  21. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

To be fair, VZW is the only announced carrier who will be using the LTE variant of the SGN. Everyone else is using a pentaband GSM variant.
  22. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

23. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  24. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

That doesn't inspire much confidence. What does Technical Approval mean? They still haven't signed off on testing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.