***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

This worries me as it came directly from Samsung.

Advertisement
  2. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I can only speak for the camera on the DINC 2, but it takes good pics and video. It's an 8mp camera that shoots video in 720. It's as good as any phone camera I have seen to date.
  3. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Well-Known Member

What a sick, manic ride this is... just unbelievable.
  4. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

a good friend of mine is a store manager at vzw... she's generally really helpful with deciding on phones so i gave her a call. fortunately i caught her at work and not so busy.

i explained to her that my good ol' OG was on the fritz and was hoping to get a phone before leaving on vacation this saturday (11/19) and couldn't decide to splurge on the rezound or wait for the nexus.

she began to look in the computer and her emails and noticed that just as we were speaking, they were receiving the accessories for sir nexulous. she sounded disappointed that there was nothing firm yet, but she then reassured me that if we are getting accessories now, then it's a good chance it'll be this week. unfortunately even the store managers don't know when the release is until the day before, but they can get a heads up by checking the incoming inventory. and verizon generally likes to release phones on thursday... razr and rezound aside.

as others have said, it's hard to imagine vzw delaying this much further now that they have accessories on hand. she promised to give me a ring when she found out more info.

i'm just glad i was able to maintain a 10 min convo on my OG without the screen waking and hanging up my phone call. even worse when it drops your star running back on your fantasy ftbl team...
    K-West, nexus15, kyler13 and 12 others like this.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So I'm reading the HTC device's review, and this stands out to me:

In my case, the display is probably the most important feature for me, along with lack of lag. The reviewer goes on to say that it's not awesome in direct sunlight (which is a minus for me) or at "odd viewing angles" (and since I'm not watching that screen with a crowd full of people, I couldn't care less).

At least it makes me feel better. With Early dropping the info that it's been unlocked already, I think it will make a great fallback plan if Verizon continues to botch the Nexus release. I will take a close look at it today, but all in all, I feel much more calm.

Thanks Early and Verge!
    EKG, EarlyMon, Ninjak and 2 others like this.
  6. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I haven't followed last a few pages. Now some of us seem to doubt 11/17~18 release? I wonder where it came from.
  7. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Having played with the Rezound for 5 minutes on Saturday, it's definitely not as gargantuan as people are making it out to be. If you've held an Incredible 2, it's about the same. Unfortunately, I have no experience with their cameras.
  8. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

What's a love tunnel PM? I must have been absent the day this was invented in the world :p
  9. Delvirtud

Delvirtud Well-Known Member

Not sure. Was kind of vague. I was just posting the info I had. All I know is that it is absolutely coming from a legit source (I have her Samsung email and have verified) even if it doesn't provide much. ;(
  10. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmm...

Don't Tempt Me Frodo! - YouTube

The only thing turning me off is that I've heard that it sometimes runs sluggish even with the 1.5Ghz processor. I want a totally buttery smooth phone.
    Well, that, and I don't care if people are saying it's not fat, it looks fat to me. :rolleyes:
  11. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Tried one in the store today. Has a nice curve to it which makes the thickness much less noticeable. Also because the screen is 16x9 it make the phone thinner width wise than my thunderbolt which makes it more comfortable in the hand. Screen was very very nice, just trying to figure out if it enough of an improvement from my bolt to make the change if the nexus doesn't come out by monday.
  12. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

I had an Incredible and thought the camera was very good. I gave it to my girlfriend as soon as I got my X2 and she loves the camera. She is the type that has to review any pic that is taken of her and is constantly deleting because she doesnt like how she looks in pic. Extremely annoying. Sometimes Im stuck holding a smile forever until she is happy with how she looks. And with the Incredible camera it is 1 shot and she is happy!!
  13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

The news is coming at us fast & furious now! :D

End of this week or beginning of next week??? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Come on and jump into my waiting hands, Ginny!
  14. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

HTC cameras are generally pretty good, much better than moto. this has a larger aperature f 2.2 and wider angle 28mm equivalent. Also it will do HDR which is a very nice feature.
  15. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I am sooo offended!

No, not even close to offended. I was thinking worse.

:D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  16. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Pft... The OG Droid was (is) easily pocketable and it was (is) almost 15mm. (14.7. I just measured. ;))
  17. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

My biggest concern with HTC is battery and snapdragon performance. I researched SGSII Exynos vs Snapdragon and Snapdragon version seems to be a little slower in UI and graphic benchmarks due to difference in GPU power. Early indication is Rezound has improved battery over Tbolt. So I will watch how it does on battery in reviews.
  18. NexusMe

NexusMe Active Member

Off Topic:

NBA Players just rejected the owners latest offer........ looks like no NBA this year.

On Topic:

If the Windstock is correct this is the worst day EVER!!!!!!
    atrain311 likes this.
  19. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds like Samsung is waiting on Verizon to give it the okay. Then again maybe they're just punting this down the road into obscurity. Pessimism...growing....
  20. K-West

K-West Active Member

I have that no oil fryer and it makes a very nice bird
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Off topic:

NOOOOO!!! One less year of Derrick Rose's awesomeness. Dammit!

On topic:

Don't worry, the wind will blow in a different direction tomorrow and he'll swing the other way. Even if he doesn't, who cares. The weatherman has a better success rate in predicting what's going to happen than the Windsock!
  22. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Interestingman and Laxstar785 like this.
  23. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.