***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

The release date for th DInc was solid. It was the screen shortages that caused the chaos then.

Wow! My sympathies!

Advertisement
  2. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

If we saw FCC tonight I think I would explode...
  3. bradm77

bradm77 Well-Known Member

I jusst went through this whole when will they release/ delay thing with the Bionic. If the Nexus is pushed back to december cause of bugs, i am OUT cause i am not going through another "Bionic nightmare".

Bring on the ReZound!
  4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

We had it easy with the Incredible.

The rumors all came to fruition and the speculative release dates ended up being accurate.

We also were given a 2 week heads up for pre-orders.
  5. NexusMe

NexusMe Active Member

I swear "Verizon finding bugs" my A@@!!!! They just don't want to release it and are finding every excuse not to!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU VERIZON!!!!!!
  6. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Chill out people. Reliable rumors still point to 17-21. Sure P3Droid tweeted different but we all know how unreliable he's been. Sure, kellex said it also but he said his source on that info was P3Droid. So yeah.... Calm down. Don't get your panties in a bunch
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  7. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe The Love Tunnel is the nickname for Steven58's source. When someone says, "It's time for a Love Tunnel PM", that loosely translates to, "Steven58, please send a PM (Private Message) to your source (The Love Tunnel) for more information." :D
    EarlyMon, Highwayman and Stigy like this.
  8. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

I just want to say that I've been surprised by the Dinc2 size. I really feel like this is a major step up from OG and I don't want it to be any larger.

OTOH I'm glad I didn't wait for gnex. The news today would have had me crying..
  9. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I literally had a couple of TI processors sitting at my house trying to think of a project for them but decided it wasn't worth it...too much hassle to work with surface mount processors for little projects so I tossed them and ordered a few PDIP microcontrollers to play with. Hard to get an OMAP 4460 shipped to my door though...had I been able to do that, I seriously might would have considered designing a phone.
  10. K-West

K-West Active Member

brine the bird in a cooler. (boil a few quarts of water and add a cup or so of kosher salt and brown sugar, take water off heat mix till all dissolved. smash a head of garlic and toss it in, let sit to cool. line the cooler with 2 bags, dump in some ice, pour in salt water, put in bird and add water to cover it. let it sit this way 12-24 hours will put a lot of flavor and juicyness into the bird. make sure the cooler always has some ice in the water to keep it cold.)

i use white wine, apple cider, garlic, pepper, and maple syrup to inject into the bird.

don't put to much of a rub on the outside as it will burn in the oil-less fryer, but you can rub the inside and ever some under the skin.

enjoy, i got mine last year and have used it a few times since it makes it so easy to make a bird and not waste oven space that is needed for sides.
    Interestingman likes this.
  11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Except for those of us who WANT them in a bunch!

OOOPS maybe I just disclosed a little too much :eek: :p

EDIT: Glad you're happy with your Dinc2 Magdelaine! :)
  12. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

correct lol
  13. BabyBlues

Haha! You said it - I thought it!
    The_Chief likes this.
  14. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

Wow! Some of y'all need to step back from the edge. Jumping off just because a phone may or may not be released two weeks later than you would prefer? Sheesh! :eek: Seems like some cocktails or other mood altering substances may be in order. It'll come eventually, folks.
    Needz_Android likes this.
  15. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I see a lot of posts of people moving to the Rezound or Razr or at least thinking about it.

This is exactly what Verizon wants. Don't give in!

C'mon GNexers, the Force is stronger in you than you think!
  16. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

So I'm now convinced that this launch fiasco is divine intervention trying to teach me patience, and this phone is not going to launch until I stop caring. Trying to stop...but its so hard not to!
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, YOU were my inspiration so if I get in trouble for it, you're in for it too :p
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. BabyBlues

I'm going with the cocktail option. Misery loves company so anyone who wants to join in feel free.

I am NOT giving in.
  19. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

It's already been more than 2 weeks later than I would have preferred...which was 6 months later than I was getting excited about the recently released Galaxy S II to come to the U.S.. I think I've waited long enough for a decent phone free from gimmicks. Verizon is pissing me off now.

I'm not going to get a Rezound, because I want a Nexus phone...but at this rate I may just jump ship to AT&T and import one...no 4g in my area anyway.
  20. mthoren68

mthoren68 Well-Known Member

Just a brief comment on the "Verizon has bad motives/doesn't care" issue. I do think they don't care, about us that is. We are a very small minority who are even aware of the phone, much less clamoring for it. The masses who will define the success or failure of the phone will take it when it comes out. Plus, Verizon knows that, as far as we are concerned, we are sufficiently devoted to this phone that we will wait until it comes out, whenever that is.

Oh, and I care less about the NBA coming back than Verizon cares about our demands for a release date. I will not miss the pros dogging it for 58 minutes, going only for dunks and chucking up 3s, then playing half-hard for the last 2 minutes if the game is close by that point.
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

P3 droid has been testing these phones, or known someone who is testing them, and no one has heard a word, and now the week of the 17th has arrived and all of the sudden there are serious problems that are going to take over 2 weeks to resolve? I don't buy it. And I don't see how the FCC could be the problem, since the GSM version went through a long time ago, and Samsung/Google have had all that time to resolve the issue if there was one with the LTE version. I am sorry but someone looking for attention sounds a lot more plausible given the big picture than a last minute major issue.
    AndroiDad75, EKG, Sandroidfan and 2 others like this.
  22. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Another one bites the dust...
    I went and got a Rezound on lunch. It's much slimmer than my T-Bolt and--this is crazy--I think it just might go all day on its 1620mAh battery, something that it takes my T-Bolt 2750mAh to accomplish. Just did tons of app downloads on it and it's as cool as a cucumber. Razr heated up within a matter of seconds, by comparison. Also seems to handle the Market better than my T-bolt did (that one would always seem to stall periodically on an app with no progress bar, but on the Rezound, they installed like dominoes, literally pop pop pop pop. Super hand-friendly, with lots of curves. I think I just might be grateful GNex was delayed. Vibration is stronger--I'd estimate 2-4X stronger on this phone vs. my T-Bolt. The display is stunning. We'll see how it goes for the remainder of the trial period, but at any rate, I think I'm liking the taste of this dust. I'll still be watching this thread, though. Best of luck to everyone who holds out.
    EKG and Interestingman like this.
  23. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

24. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

AND some of us got it shipped from VZW a day in advance!
    Trooper and jamor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.