1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

Lol, people still listen to p3? He's about as reliable as my dog when it comes to smartphone info.
    EKG and Highwayman like this.
  2. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Well-Known Member

I actually know that mmolda person. Went to highschool with him. May try to get in touch to confirm this nonsense
  3. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Too funny. Just got out of the VZW store and met a fellow forum member! We were both checking out the Rezound. If nothing firm by Thursday, Rezound is mine. Much nicer than I expected. Store rep said BF at the earliest, likely the next week. He had no clue, just guessing.
  4. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

im also trying to hold out, my dinc is on its last leg. if the rezound is somehow able to utilize its 1620mah and last all day(as seems to be the early reports), then its worth considering to me. we heard early today that the ICS source will be available on the 17th, and with the rezound being unencrypted, it wont be long before its ported over, just something to keep in mind
  5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

hahah. Even if you're joking this is actually more than likely true!

Releasing 3 beast phones in 2 weeks isn't a good idea and I'm sure somewhere out in the world there was a meeting that involved a very unhappy HTC and Motorola.

So delay 1 of them to December (Nexus) and hopefully they can still sell a bunch of Rezounds and Razrs.

I'm not falling victim to their sales & marketing timeline. I'm getting the best phone of them all. ;)
    Sandroidfan and The_Chief like this.
  6. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

You guys are dropping like flies. Hang in there, let's at least see if we get something from Steven's sources before you guys start talking that nonsense!

How's this for a conspiracy theory. The sales of the Razr are bad enough that Verizon has chosen to push out the Gnex release date just for the very reason you guys are dropping.

The less people that jump ship, the less of a chance we will ever see another Nexus on Verizon.

7. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

:eek:.............;)

I hope this isn't pushed out until December.. If so I might just wait for the "next big thing".....

On a side note that Lenovo tablet is looking quite tempting.....
  8. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm not joking! Part of the reason I believed we wouldn't see the Gnex at least 2 weeks after the Rezound.

Of course I want to see it sooner but I would have held out until a Dec 1 date.

Maybe if Verizon just gave a date, those of you who are looking to jump wouldn't. Having no firm date is the problem. Damn you Verizon!

9. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Well-Known Member

10. pcriz

pcriz Well-Known Member

I've been following in the background and everyone's excitement is making it hard for me to concentrate on work.. I just wanna wake up next WEDs. As far as P3 I was drinking his koolaid for awhile but I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

His "leaks" weren't making up for his total lack of respect for his followers and the human complex in general.

All that out of the way I have already ordered my MHL cable and I will be pist if it gets here before the phone but there isn't a phone I want more..

May beat this Bionic with a hammer when I get the SGN....
  11. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

12. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

13. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Just to put any negative news you hear about GNex release from Verizon sales reps in perspective, just yesterday at 4:50PM, the local VZW company store rep told me that the Rezound would *not* be releasing today. I bought it at that same store, today.
    drbugsmn likes this.
  14. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Welcome to our family!
  15. SittingMoose

SittingMoose Member

Here's thought based on information that I've compiled by reading these forums. Facts:

1. Verizon has agreements set with Motorola and HTC and purchased a number of handsets from both companies. Their goal is to exhaust as many handsets as possible.

2. For the most part, it seems that, out of the three phones, Nexus > Rezound/Razr.

If I'm the CEO of a company that has invested millions of dollars in HTC and Moto phones only to see that a HUGE number of consumers want the Samsung phone and are willing to wait, wouldn't I want to leak information through channels that the Nexus will be delayed, thus pushing more folks to the Rezound/Razr? There is NO doubt that the Nexus will sell. The question, it seems at this point, is how will Verizon maximize the sales of Motorola and HTC phones?

Again, it's just a thought and seems too juvenile...but then again...
  16. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Well-Known Member

Verizon has to now compete with AT&T this holiday season w/ the release of their LTE in several markets and a bunch more to come in the months ahead. Verizon releasing 3 new LTE phones w/ in a month of each other makes sense since that is one more then what AT&T is offering on their new LTE phones. (BTW one of those ATT phones is a GS2) Same reason they are offering double data for the same price.
  17. pcriz

pcriz Well-Known Member

Thanks! Been reading along long enough, glad to be here.
  18. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I might give in a little.

Meaning, if I really like the HTC device tonight, I may pick it up at Best Buy and see what the next 30 days hold. I would either fall in love with the HTC device and congratulate all of you on the SGN purchase whenever the 2 year old fetus decides to finally come out of the womb, or I
    bldgengineer and bradm77 like this.
  19. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

20. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I'm on the same page.
  21. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

I'm actually in favor of flooding Verizon's twitter, facebook, and other social media. The whole point of these outlets is to share expressions and info. Why is it okay for verizon to spam us with all these RAZR emails (I got like three), and we are considered "childish" for posting on their Facebook. Albeit, those who are going to post hateful things should refrain from posting at all. But nonetheless it's partly our fault for not having a release date by now because we haven't exhausted all our options. Really, I doubt even 5% of us have given taken the time to write just ONE post. Sure we sit back and wait on this thread for leaks (and that's all good), but we need to force Verizon into giving us the info. All this asking sales reps and call center employees is pointless. Also, the leaks are really just for our leisure, because we know in the back of our mind that there is a good chance it might not be correct information.
    I'm asking everyone with an account to post just one message on the Verizon facebook/twitter page. Do your part.

Flooding their pages is far from childish, what's childish is letting Verizon spoon-feed us whatever they want to.
    lickwidravr likes this.
  22. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

This is getting stupid. If this phone is delayed until december, say around x-mas. I'm waiting for the next-gen phones. My t-bolt is plenty good (even battery) with being rooted.

It would be nice if Verizon would just release a date or a statement. It's the unknown that is killing most of us.
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

24. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

No it's not juvenile or conspiracy - it's business 101 and I'm willing to bet you're right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.