***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, in case anyone cares here is what happened to me today when I went into the Verizon store.

I walked in and a guy came up. I asked about the Galaxy Nexus. He said they don't have any information, but that a Samsung rep recently brought one by for them to look at, and he said it's amazing.

I also took the time to go hands on with the RAZR and Rezound... and I gotta say, I don't get the love for the Rezound. The store was very well lit, so maybe the whole "Doesn't look great in direct light" thing was happening, but the Rezound picked up fingerprints really easily, and I could barely see anything due to the glare. RAZR's screen just looked better, and I liked the feel of the device more.
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Happy Belated Birthday to those we missed over the past couple days!!!!!!
  3. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

4. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

That would mean a delay of until at least January 10th. Frankly, if that happens, they can keep it. Heck, CES 2012 starts January 10 which makes their cutoff date of the 9th a bit more interesting, although I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
  5. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't think quad-cores will be out til at least next Spring (although I'm sure they'll be the main event at CES early next year). I can't wait that long. If you can, I'm impressed.

Agreed. I'm not interested in GNex solely because of hardware specs blowing everything else out of the water. I'm interested in it mainly because of screen size, ICS, and no capacitive buttons.

The HTC device is a step down in screen size (although not at all times; I believe that the SGN's available real estate onscreen is roughly the same when you take the software buttons out of the equation), and so is the presence of capacitive buttons (in my opinion). Those two things are not upgradable, so that's a negative.

If Verizon can get its act together, my money is theirs. It's burning a hole in my pocket as it is.

If they keep dragging their feet like the little turtle-assed morons they are, I may have to give the HTC device a shot, see what happens.
    gapi likes this.
  7. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

durangojim likes this.
  8. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

True story..

First 'Happy Birthday' message I got was in my email from Android Forums. Beating my mom is a real accomplishment.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

10. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone w/ the sales guy that seems to always be the one to upgrade our 5 phones on the family plan when one comes up. He promised he would keep me up to date on the release since, well he wants to make a sale to me. He just told me 11/21 and I said I would be by after work. He also said if that changes he would be sure to let me know. Take the information for what it is worth just like all the other stuff out there.
    ScorpionX likes this.
  11. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

And to you as well! :)
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

13. sdijoseph

sdijoseph Member

rafier, woodraskam and jbdan like this.
  14. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

I can't confirm if it's true but if it is that is a really great sign for us!
  15. BabyBlues

Fixed it for ya. The um, HTC Device will surely know it was the second choice and be calling him by his favorite name.
  16. Drfeetseconds

Drfeetseconds Active Member

Been lurking for a bit (just in time for the most recent roller coaster it appears) . . .

Was in a VZW store this afternoon since wanted to see what the phones that I'm not buying looked like. Talking to a CSR, she volunteered that the SGN wasn't going out until late December. I stammered out a "Uhhh, what?" and she said the same thing. Guessing she made that up as I wasn't aware it was possible to launch a product in late December and have it sell more than 2 units. When asked why I didn't like the RAZR, I told her it was the encrypted bootloader, which she faked an "oh, that's understandable". (Also, the Rezound buttons are WAY too flat. I turned the screen on and off about 5 times before I could get it to stay since I couldn't tell when I had/hadn't pushed the buttons)

If this keeps dragging on, I might actually update my OG Droid to CM7.1 from 7.0. Gnex or nothing for me.
  17. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

18. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Although it's UK, Three still says 18th for delivery

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24TXT5D306&_$ja=tsid:22093%7Ccgn:nexus
  19. BabyBlues

Welcome to the family!
  20. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

If we don't get info tomorrow, I'm going with the Rezound. I held and played with it today, and honestly it's a solid device. I couldn't care less about Sense, but I know there will be some serious Dev support on this sucker.

FWIW, talked to my rep today at the store. He doesn't have anything official, said they haven't started training (not really a big deal, they didn't train at all, or get any info on the Rezound either), but that he thinks the 17 or the 21. He has, however, had hands on with the Nexus, and said ICS is everything its cracked up to be and that the handset is not at all cheap feeling but very solid.
  21. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  22. pcriz

pcriz Well-Known Member

ICS doesn't appear to the be the issue recurring through the rumor mill.. The LTE radio may be the hold up IF there is a hold up...
    Travillion likes this.
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Okay. This is it. I'm giving it til Friday, no more. Now that the source code has been released, I've got to believe that the HTC devs will be one of the first to release a pure ICS rom for the HTC device, since it's the only other 720p display that will be able to present it as it was created.

If we have no word of a release date by this Friday, I'm going with HTC. I may even crack before then.

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.