• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered one. I figured that even if it was junk quality, it would be good to have as soon as I get the device. The VZW ones always seem to not cover anything, and this one looks like it does.

-Nkk

I've always had success with the $2 ebay screen protectors. They are always WAY better than the $20 ones in the store, or the crappy ones that need soap and water to be applied.

Upvote 0
Ok, kids... the night's over for the old man. Time to go to bed. I bid you adieu and good night. :)

and as I usually say during challenging times for this thread..(everyone say it with me):

"TRY NOT TO KILL EACH OTHER!!" :p

Seriously, we'll all be "there" soon! Hang in there!

Upvote 0
Oh wow, now even my TV is teasing me.

I have the TV on (not really watching), and I hear "nexus." I turned my head around so fast that I could have snapped it.

Turns out it was a commercial for nexus hair salon product.

I did that the other day with a Lexus commercial. :D

I will put the statistical argument to rest:

any attempt at a statistical analysis of a release date is itself flawed. There its done. We can move on now :D

I remember my statistics class in college. The inside cover of the book had a quote (don't remember who it was):

There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics.

Have a good night boys and girls, my coffin is calling me.

Upvote 0
Ok so I've been reading this thread for a few days and I seem to be addicted now... For about 9 months I've been checking Phandroid.com and androidandme everyday for news about the galaxy s2 and ever since that never came I've been checking everyday for Gnex news. Now I check those websites daily and visit this thread DAILY! I'm using a droid Eris because i'm on Verizon but I was rocking my G1 before then. This thread has been very entertaining and I enjoy reading what you guys have to say. I've been waiting a long time for a new phone. I think I can wait until the end of the year honestly. Even though it would drive me mad! I really hope it comes out this week though :D

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I have to thank Jesus for the ability to read these forums and not get caught up in strong emotional ties to a phone. Lord knows it has happened to me, and it has a been a struggle for me to be free from it. It is just a phone, and my heart should not be after it.

Saying that, I think it is important to make this post of what I found on blackmanx twitter page. I do not know if it has been posted, so sorry for a repost. This, I believe, is the most essential news regarding a release date. And, of course, I'm sure this can be considered as a rumor as well. But we all must anchor somewhere, otherwise our hearts will just be tossed to and fro because of a phone. I have to take root in my Lord Jesus, cause this has been a vain rollercoaster back and forth for me. Now unto the galaxy nexus.

I won't bother expounding further on this quote, nor trying to interpret it. It is pretty plain to me and doesn't need it. Here it is.

black_man_x The Panda King
Just saying this.. Devices are ready and date that vzw asked for was met.. So if you don't see it in stores... Well #blamevzw
8 hours ago.

I am a newb to twitter, so I don't know how to copy a link to a direct tweet. Sorry :( Oh wait. I figured it out:
Twitter

Upvote 0
Like many who have posted recently I've been lurking and finally decided to say hi and introduce myself. Honestly I don't even know why I keep reading this thread so much! Even hijacking an upgrade from somebody else on the plan I still can't upgrade until Dec 8th :(. I weaseled my way onto my sister's employee plan where 2 of the people never upgrade (upgrades every 10 months ftw) so between her and I we've had a lot of phones, but I've never been even close to this excited about one! Off it wasn't for me having to stay on verizon though that SGII deal at Sam's would probably be calling my name (college student budget speaks loud sometimes)

I am also going to be short on beam buddies because I don't know anybody else where I live that is this excited about this phone. I guess I will just have to walk around asking girls "Do you want to beam with me? I promise I won't give you any viruses....You know, we take the covers off and bump into each other....Maybe I should have asked if you had a Nexus first?" And the first one that doesn't slap me will be my new beam friend haha.

Reactions: Kaddoble
Upvote 0
As for naming devices I think I've only named a computer, though this phone will probably end up with one. Funny story about the computer name...last time I was home I hooked my computer up to the house wifi and my mom on the desktop got a notification that "Kratos" just signed into the network. She is like who is Kratos? Well....short story, he is one of the most BA video game characters ever...long story includes his families ashes attached to his skin. Just letting the other devices on the network know not to get out of hand lol.

I'm not sure how my future nexus can compete with that but I will try

Upvote 0
Like many who have posted recently I've been lurking and finally decided to say hi and introduce myself. Honestly I don't even know why I keep reading this thread so much! Even hijacking an upgrade from somebody else on the plan I still can't upgrade until Dec 8th :(. I weaseled my way onto my sister's employee plan where 2 of the people never upgrade (upgrades every 10 months ftw) so between her and I we've had a lot of phones, but I've never been even close to this excited about one! Off it wasn't for me having to stay on verizon though that SGII deal at Sam's would probably be calling my name (college student budget speaks loud sometimes)

I am also going to be short on beam buddies because I don't know anybody else where I live that is this excited about this phone. I guess I will just have to walk around asking girls "Do you want to beam with me? I promise I won't give you any viruses....You know, we take the covers off and bump into each other....Maybe I should have asked if you had a Nexus first?" And the first one that doesn't slap me will be my new beam friend haha.

I think it is a little slow now. so in Steven's absence, I would like to welcome you to androidforums and to the Galaxy Nexus prerelease thread.

Upvote 0
I know this isn't reputable at all. But I know if you guys are like me, you enjoy reading the rumors and will read anything about the release of this phone. Here's a post from Reddit. Obviously this should be taken with a grain salt and I'm only posting this to continue the message board banter.

Just played with a Galaxy Nexus! My experience...

So one of my mom's piano students' mom works for Samsung and has a Galaxy Nexus (running on Verizon of course). When she stopped by our house I wanted to take a look at it and she let me do so for a good 15-20 minutes! Here are my thoughts:

• Overall, the software was just as smooth as has been reported before, and from what I could tell by scavenging through the OS it seemed pretty much ready for prime-time, so all the rumors of delays due to bugs are probably incorrect.
  • Camera was just as snappy (no pun intended) as has been reported, and I was actually extremely impressed with the quality of the rapid-fire shots. Panorama worked fine, got one minor bump but nothing big.
  • Face Unlock worked! And very well, in fact. It was very fast to unlock upon recognizing the correct face and quick to notify upon non-recognition.

Lastly, I asked about price/release date/hotspot pricing. She said she wasn't sure about the price of the phone or the hotspot functionality but she said it was on track to be released this Friday, 11/18. Now, lots of trustworthy people have said lots of different things but she was 100% convinced and informed that it would be this Friday (and no she wasn't talking about the UK launch, she was specifically talking about Verizon availability in the US).

So there you have it folks! If you have any additional questions let me know and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability!

Just played with a Galaxy Nexus! My experience... : Android

And he also commented with:
Why thank you! I'm very certain it will be 11/18 so I will look forward to the reddit gold! If by some stroke of non-luck it turns out to not be 11/18, I am sorry and I will forever be referred to on r/Android as "that one guy who was very certain the Galaxy Nexus would come out on 11/18 and it didn't".

Seems like he's just passing on what he was told. But obviously this is not from a reputable source whatsoever, just figured I'd share since at the very least, we have something else to talk about.

And if/when it is found he's wrong, I'm sure Reddit will let him know. Same goes if he is right.

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
You know what all this back and forth tells me...how huge of a corporation Verizon is and how long it takes for information to filter through. I imagine the truth is there, it just hasn't filtered across to everyone yet.

That being said, one of Kellex's sources says they are going to be wrapping up testing by Nov. 19th. That doesn't leave room for an announcement this week does it? Assuming his source is true. Matias saying it coming out this month does give some hope that a December launch is not in the cards just yet.

Upvote 0
Pfffft. Dude. Trust me. What until you know what your skeleton feels like! :eek::D

Anyway, if you're a slow mover like me, and just can't find satisfaction in those multi-player games, I have the solution for you -

Godville - the Zero Player Game that you don't need to play!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.godvillegame.android

You might find my hero, Dendrite, questing about for brooks that flow upstream and meet in battle. :) ;) :D

Seriously, the best game I've hardly played.

Same here! I've been barely playing for 2 months now.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Troops: The solution is so easy. Go out and get a REZOUND tomorrow and use it. You have until January 9th to return it and exchange it for a Nexus.( New Verizon return policy during the holidays). After looking at the reviews of the Rezound on The Verge, you might just want to keep it. ICS will be coming to it in early 2012. This is a very solid phone with a beautiful display. Do it.

And by the way, this thread is so crazy I am going to watch Laser Hair Removal on my DTV.

Upvote 0
Greetings from another former lurker, now n00b to the forum. I, too, am anxiously awaiting the release of the SGN but am still on the fence regarding its acquisition.

I am considering continuing to use my Moto V120C until md-year 2012 or thereabouts; holding out for a 1080p sAMOLED+ display, a big.SMALL processor config (ARM7 + ARM15 for battery life) and an SD card (the cloud can't be trusted).

But what brought me out of the shadows was:

Don't know. If nothing is announced by this Friday, I might hang with the HTC device until the turtle-assed morons finally make a move.

There is really no need to disparage a higher (and faster moving) form of life!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones