***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

hmm slushie, I haven't had one of those is years...
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

We can only hope so! But it's just another of many dates thrown out there... I could most definitely live with a Friday release. THIS FRIDAY!

WHOOT!
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

And since I'm off work, it's going to be another F5 filled day! Here's hoping for something today...
  4. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

He posted Source 3's reply saying he hadn't heard a peep.

Linkback: From Source 3
  5. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Maybe you could keep the sleeves, but I think they're going to look for the earbuds if you return the rezound.
  6. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the OnTheVerge event last night is going to be posted today?
  7. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Nothing on their site yet. But, I have to say that website is probably one of the hardest to navigate sites I've ever visited :confused:
    woodraskam likes this.
  9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

At least Godville is free (and is extremely low maintenance, it mostly plays itself).

The XBox is a lot of fun, particularly when you get XBox Live Gold and can play/chat with friends. Shoot, a friend and I used to just use it as voice chat and occasionally play games. Getting a console is crossing a line; if you're a gamer, you can't go back!

Good luck!
  10. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

Praying Verizon just gives us a date today......My incredible is still working alright but 4G LTE is getting turned on in a bunch of places in my state today and I should have it at home since i live close to the airport.....and i want a 4G device to play with!!!
  11. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Glad to see you have the right mindset.

My wife and I do this every year:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Drop_Off_Locations/

Doesn't take long and doesn't take much money. $7 for shipping costs and you fill the shoebox with a few small inexpensive toys and some daily needs (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc..) can really make a difference in a child's life. If you're thinking about throwing away $35, consider doing a couple of these shoeboxes instead.
    drbugsmn, overbyc1 and AcousticRx like this.
  12. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member

U know I think ill do that!
  13. MSUgEEk

BTW...how do you edit posts here?? I have yet to be able to find an edit button...would love to be able to fix my quote tags when I mess them up
  14. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Source?
  15. iDon't

iDon't Well-Known Member

Didn't think it would happen, but my DInc got Gingerbread (official update) before the Galaxy Nexus was released. Sigh...

Even if the GNex comes out this week, I think there a lot of day 1 DInc owners (day -1 for me) that are caught in the dilemma of waiting until Dec 28 for the 2 year upgrade discount. If any of you out there managed to coddle Verizon into an early upgrade, please do share how so the rest of us can give it a shot.
  16. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

The edit button shows up right next to the quote button on youy own posts.
  17. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea! If anyone needs a place or cause to donate, I'm doing a walk for St Jude's Children's Hospital this Saturday. My fiance organizes it once a year and last year we raised close to $3,000. This year with Hurrican Irene and Winter Storm Alfred we are off to a slow start with only $560 (with $250 coming from me). Every $5 or $10 counts! Great cause for some great children in need.

https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPo...mName=givethanks&eventId=175950&userId=656644
  18. Mountaineer19

Mountaineer19 Active Member

Yeah...I think your right.
  19. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums JesusKing and Zeroleaf!
  20. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

This is now a thread about charitable giving. NO MORE NEXUS DISCUSSION.

I volunteer and donate to several organizations, so if anyone is ever looking for something to do or a way to give back, here are some suggestions:

- Samarita's Purse is great, link above.

- Many local malls will have "Angel trees" or "giving trees" (frequently sponsored by Salvation Army) where you can pull a name or two off a tree, shop for items on the list (or items not on the list) and drop them off right there. No shipping, and you can do it while you're in the mall shopping anyway. It's a great way to give a kid a Christmas morning they'll remember.

- Also, if you don't feel that you have the money to donate, there are lots of places where you can donate time. Habitat for Humanity is really terrific for spending a morning helping out - you get to learn about how a house gets built, you get to help a family, and you get to play with tools. What could be better?
    red66charger likes this.
  21. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

I've done Habitat for Humanity a few times in the past and loved the experience.
  22. MSUgEEk

All I see is Quote, Multi-quote, and quick reply
  23. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

Is Verizon consistent on when they make phone announcements (as in usually around the same time of day)?
  24. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

That's all you'll see for other peoples posts, however when you look at your own there should be an "Edit" button then those ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.