• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I wonder if these delays are due to the fact that they never thought there would be this much interest in a Nexus device. Seems like all the blog have picked it up comparing it to the 4S and other top smartphones which in turn generated A LOT of interest for this device.

I'm gunna +1 on this train.

I know we like to bash VZW for screwing this up, but what if all the twitter and fb and CSR chat warfare has actually tuned them into the fact that there are a crap-ton of people that want this? It's definitely possible that they want to make sure that it runs as smoothly as possible to avoid the many headaches we've had in the past.

If this was my first Nexus device to sell, and it generated this much interest, and I had the potential to make billions of dollars... I would want to make sure everything was ready to avoid any negative PR and damaged sales for another failed launch, etc etc. After all, it's only in our minds and this thread that this is considered a failed launch. VZW has really never promised anything aside from the phone. They certainly haven't been transparent or forthcoming with us, but they haven't set themselves up for failure either.

I don't know about any of you, but when I see a back-ordered phone... I get really aggravated and I'm compelled to look elsewhere. Plus that means you're not making the sale.

Upvote 0
Well, someone I know asked to borrow my iPod yesterday so he could use the timer. I get it back and there's a huge crack down my screen now...

So now my wait is doubly urgent, because the Nexus will be replacing my phone and my iPod. The rezound is looking really good right now. Just gotta remind myself that Beats is a gimmick and I want vanilla ICS. :/

Upvote 0
we should consider sending out the bat signal to The Source

BatSignal.jpg

Upvote 0
Totally off topic but I just finished watching the segment about tampons soaked in vodka on The Colbert Report last night and literally LMAO. If anyone needs a good laugh to get them through these Nexus free times, I recommend they check it out.

Does anyone know if BB is carrying the ReZound? I figure I might check it out today.

According to their website they aren't, but a phone call couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0
Totally off topic but I just finished watching the segment about tampons soaked in vodka on The Colbert Report last night and literally LMAO. If anyone needs a good laugh to get them through these Nexus free times, I recommend they check it out.

Does anyone know if BB is carrying the ReZound? I figure I might check it out today.

BabyBlues is getting the GNexus... :D Just kidding...:D

The Best Buys around me are not currently carrying the Rezound, nor is it listed on their website....

Hope that helps... :)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Well, someone I know asked to borrow my iPod yesterday so he could use the timer. I get it back and there's a huge crack down my screen now...

So now my wait is doubly urgent, because the Nexus will be replacing my phone and my iPod. The rezound is looking really good right now. Just gotta remind myself that Beats is a gimmick and I want vanilla ICS. :/

Eesh that sucks. My wife completely destroyed the screen on my GT 10.1 after a mere 2 months of ownership while just sitting in bed. It royally sucked. Meanwhile our Droids have been tossed all over the place and their screens are scratch free. I'm only slightly concerned about the build on the GN :eek:

Upvote 0

The Best Buys around me are not currently carrying the Rezound, nor is it listed on their website....

Thanks. Yeah our local one (a few blocks from my apartment) usually doesn't have too many phones on display and they're all dummy models anyway. I just need to pop in and pick up some new headphones so I figured I'd check it out.

Upvote 0
I do a lot better with no Nexus news in the evenings when I'm home than I do at work. When I'm home I have my girlfriend to hang out with and watch tv/movies and I have MW3 and Skryim to play (and the Halo remake to coop through with my gf today)... Only 6 more hours of work until I can get a distraction from the phone I so desperately want. At this point I care more about when the release date actually is than getting the phone. :/

Upvote 0
If this was my first Nexus device to sell, and it generated this much interest, and I had the potential to make billions of dollars... I would want to make sure everything was ready to avoid any negative PR and damaged sales for another failed launch, etc etc. After all, it's only in our minds and this thread that this is considered a failed launch. VZW has really never promised anything aside from the phone. They certainly haven't been transparent or forthcoming with us, but they haven't set themselves up for failure either.

If I had a product which a group of people seemed to really want, I'd talk to them almost constantly to keep them interested and ensure they felt loved. If there were delays, I'd be as upfront as possible (up to the point of looking foolish) and make sure they didn't leap unto a competing product. Even if I didn't really give a rat's ass about those customers, I'd never let them know that.

I've found that communication is really key to making people feel as if they're a part of something. It's about building a community.

Oh, and I'd be early :p :
Kindle Touch e-Reader to arrive 1 week early | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News

Upvote 0
Your avatars are distracting me from the Galaxy Nexus rumors. haha:D

+1

Yes, me too! In a good way! :p

Glad I can help!

I had to read the original post twice just to make sense of it. :p

I do a lot better with no Nexus news in the evenings when I'm home than I do at work. When I'm home I have my girlfriend to hang out with and watch tv/movies and I have MW3 and Skryim to play (and the Halo remake to coop through with my gf today)... Only 6 more hours of work until I can get a distraction from the phone I so desperately want. At this point I care more about when the release date actually is than getting the phone. :/

I don't do well anywhere. Lol. I constantly refresh at work and then when I'm not at work I have the app to keep up on our insane ride.

Upvote 0
If I had a product which a group of people seemed to really want, I'd talk to them almost constantly to keep them interested and ensure they felt loved. If there were delays, I'd be as upfront as possible (up to the point of looking foolish) and make sure they didn't leap unto a competing product. Even if I didn't really give a rat's ass about those customers, I'd never let them know that.

I've found that communication is really key to making people feel as if they're a part of something. It's about building a community.

Oh, and I'd be early :p :
Kindle Touch e-Reader to arrive 1 week early | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News

+1 so true. This attitude of keeping everyone out of the loop on info is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones