• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey peeps, checking in.

Sad that no leaks of in-store ads being put up today, which confirms (to me) that the Verizon leak of a release on the 17th was FAKE.

Sad that OTD joined my persecutors and called me Hans Olo.

Sad that I've lost all faith in seeing the GNex this month.

Sad that my boss is here today.

Okay bye.

C'mon Hans, not all month.

Not hopeful for a 21st release now that the Casio phone matches up with that 21 (web only) leak.

Upvote 0
Three things:

1) The UK release is not being delayed. The Clove update was pretty clear that it was the SIM free stock that was delayed, not the launch date itself. I'm sure that Samsung is giving the carrier locked SIM versions to carriers as of the 17th.

2) I believe the guy last night who said Monday the 28th had solid sources based on his post history (I did investigate it). That being said, his solid sources may be mistaken as secrecy seems to abound in Verizon's world.

3) Verizon/Google/Samsung have a lot to learn about launching phones. I am moving over from an iPhone 4 and AT&T. It was very nice being an Apple fanboy. They tell you they're having a press conference, then they have one in which they announce the phone and a launch date, and then you buy your device on that date. It was infinitely better. This whole ordeal is making me want to cancel my plans to switch to Verizon entirely and just buy the international SIM free version.

Reactions: bradm77
Upvote 0
This is the slowest I have ever seen this thread move.

I think everyone, me included, is just plain hyped-out.....

I skinned my DX's launcher pro and widgetlocker to look like ICS and its holding me over for now.

Over the last week, I have skipped pages of reading on this thread. I didn't miss a single post up to 25k, but now, I'm sorta tired. Enthusiasm will return I am certain, but when, is up to Verizon and they just Stink.

Upvote 0
Just got a text message from VZN saying I'm eligible for a new phone upgrade:

"FREE FZW msg: Congratulations! You are eligible for a new phone! 2yr agm't req'd. 20 dollar fee may apply. Call ###-###-####. Reply 'X' to stop msgs"

Looks like I'm good to go to upgrade to the SGN!

I joined vzw on the same day that the Incredible launched (4/29/2010). Did anyone else get this as well?

Upvote 0
I'm not up to date and caught up on the thread yet. However, I have to give you some news. I heard from the source. What the source said seems to jive with what the sales person and the Verizon store said.

I have a friend at the Verizon store who looks to me for information and the latest on android. Long and short of it is the offer to go to the back for me and look for a demo Nexus. I was shocked!

You cannot sit there isn't any demo in there yet. He did say they were accessories. I asked him if I may see it. Sure enough he came out with galaxy nexus silicon accessory .

I kind of got choked up! It's going to be beautiful the phone that is!

The accessory was rubberized rough skinned rubber-silicon.

I asked him when he thought the phone would actually come in. Hold me in a couple of weeks, certainly by the middle of December.

I thought well I know but it's coming in two days! Then I get a p.m. from the source. In it he confirms just that.
He states corporate reasons. I don't remember what he said I'm driving right now.

I can't copy and paste it right now because it's so filled with personal information that I can allow it to be made public.

When I get to work. I've got a hit the ground running but I will copy edit and paste it as soon as I can. I promise.

That's the gist of it. I wanted to get out the information as soon as I could not make you wait because I don't know when I can get to it. I'm very busy today.

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

Upvote 0
3) Verizon/Google/Samsung have a lot to learn about launching phones. I am moving over from an iPhone 4 and AT&T. It was very nice being an Apple fanboy. They tell you they're having a press conference, then they have one in which they announce the phone and a launch date, and then you buy your device on that date. It was infinitely better.

Would the non-release of the much hyped iPhone 5 fall into the category of infinitely better?

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
Reactions: coach26
Upvote 0
C'mon Hans, not all month.

Not hopeful for a 21st release now that the Casio phone matches up with that 21 (web only) leak.

Perhaps you are right, Stigy, perhaps you are right.

I'm a little down though. My sister told me this morning that she has "no freaking idea" what's going on.

On a scale of 1 to 10, my hopefulness for a November release is a 2. I'll give it til Monday, the 21st.

But then I will slowly build up to a nuclear explosion that will be released at midnight (EST) on the 21st if I don't see or hear anything positive. I suggest the Mods close the thread for a few hours if there is no word by then, so that I don't get banned.

Upvote 0
I'm not up to date and caught up on the thread yet. However, I have to give you some news. I heard from the source. What the source said seems to jive with what the sales person and the Verizon store said.

I have a friend at the Verizon store who looks to me for information and the latest on android. Long and short of it is the offer to go to the back for me and look for a demo Nexus. I was shocked!

You cannot sit there isn't any demo in there yet. He did say they were accessories. I asked him if I may see it. Sure enough he came out with galaxy nexus silicon accessory .

I asked him when he thought the phone would actually come in. Hold me in a couple of weeks, certainly by the middle of December.

I thought well I know but it's coming in two days! Then I get a p.m. from the source. In it he confirms just that.
He states corporate reasons. I don't remember what he said I'm driving right now.

I can't copy and paste it right now because it's so filled with personal information that I can allow it to be made public.

When I get to work. I've got a hit the ground running but I will copy edit and paste it as soon as I can. I promise.

That's the gist of it. I wanted to get out the information as soon as I could not make you wait because I don't know when I can get to it. I'm very busy today.

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

this is really confusing to me....can anyone decipher this?

Reactions: DH in DC
Upvote 0

When I get to work.
Your humbled servant,
Steven58

Huh? Mid December or two days? No comprende.

Upvote 0

He states corporate reasons.

Steven, I don't understand. Did the Love Tunnel confirm that it's coming middle of December, or did he confirm your thoughts of "well I know but it's coming in two days!"

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

Thank you, Steven58! You're dedication to this thread is inspiring. :D

Upvote 0
. . .
4. Not 100% SGN related, but I probably am going to be buying NFC tags to put throughout places. For example one in my apartment will turn WiFi on, screen brightness down, etc. Just something cool instead of using location based rules.

I keep thinking of dropping out for a bit while news is so sparse, but knowing there would be too many intervening pages to catch up, I wonder what I might miss in the pages I skipped. Things like this keep me reading. Thanks for posting it.

Upvote 0

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

You again are the bestest for giving us this info and taking time from your busy life to update us inmates.

Upvote 0
Hey peeps, checking in.

Sad that no leaks of in-store ads being put up today, which confirms (to me) that the Verizon leak of a release on the 17th was FAKE.

Sad that OTD joined my persecutors and called me Hans Olo.

Sad that I've lost all faith in seeing the GNex this month.

Sad that my boss is here today.

Okay bye.

Hans Hans Hans, we kid because we care. :D

hans-solo64512705804537130.jpeg

Besides, we don't want you getting a big head.

hmswhnssolo.jpg

I even found you a new avatar.

4120fGFNuJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Upvote 0

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

Thank you so much for all of your dedication in giving us the latest this entire time.

I'm a little confused by your wording. "I get a PM from the source and he confirms just that". Just what? The 17th release? Or the couple of weeks to mid-December release? Maybe I'm just slow but this can be taken both ways, no?

Upvote 0
Perhaps you are right, Stigy, perhaps you are right.

I'm a little down though. My sister told me this morning that she has "no freaking idea" what's going on.

On a scale of 1 to 10, my hopefulness for a November release is a 2. I'll give it til Monday, the 21st.

But then I will slowly build up to a nuclear explosion that will be released at midnight (EST) on the 21st if I don't see or hear anything positive. I suggest the Mods close the thread for a few hours if there is no work by then, so that I don't get banned.

I am with you on this one, 21st or bust.:(

Upvote 0

Your humbled servant,
Steven58

Steven, I think all 700000 of us all owe you a huge thank you for everything. Going out of your way to give us this information (while you're driving, no less, I wouldn't actually advise that :p) is pretty darn awesome.

So the source confirmed the 17th? Is that a "I haven't heard anything different", or a "I just heard for sure, it's the 17th"?

Upvote 0
Steven, I don't understand. Did the Love Tunnel confirm that it's coming middle of December, or did he confirm your thoughts of "well I know but it's coming in two days!"

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

pretty sure what hes saying is when the vzw rep was saying mid december he was thinking 2 days because he hadnt heard from the source. but the source confirmed what the rep said

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones