Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Ever heard of the Bionic?
    gapi and RadYOacTiVe like this.
  2. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

At this rate , i blew it , should have ordered a sgs2 at bestbuy for 149 with 100 gift card

thats what i get for being patient for the first time ever
  3. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

The Bionic was announced at CES last January and you didn't hear anything about the phone until a few weeks before it was released 2 months ago so I will ignore the roasted comment.

They did the same with the Thunderbolt.

Edit, Ninja'd back by Roosevelt!
  4. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

If there is something wrong that needs to be fixed thats one thing. But "corporate reasons" is bullshit. JUST RELEASE THE PHONE.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I missed this part. So it looks like mid-December is what the Love Tunnel confirmed. He wouldn't blame corporate for a release coming in 2 days versus 1 month.

I hate Verizon.

Sometimes I wish this forum wasn't so freaking well-moderated.

(Yeah, that was a back-handed compliment. :p)

You have no idea how much will power it took for me to post that stupid smiley face.
    steevo1, EarlyMon and Slug like this.
  6. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

I was at a very busy VZW store yesterday just outside of a very busy mall in a very populated area. The store rep told me that the entire store only sold 10 RAZR's all weekend (opening weekend - including 11/11/11). VZW is going to report dismal 4th quarter sales after all of this ridiculous behavior.

Google will say what they (and Samsung) have been saying... VZW will give a date whenever they feel like it.
  7. themanchild

themanchild Well-Known Member

I do have a small theory on these "leaks"

Everyone here is already angry with Verizon. They know they've handled the situation poorly. If they get all of us to believe the phone is coming mid-December, we become enraged. Google promised us NOVEMBER!!! The phone is released on Thursday, we all forget how mad at Verizon we are because of the surprise. Verizon is now sitting on a golden throne in our minds for not waiting until December, when the entire time they planned to release the 17th. Boom
  8. themanchild

Ya, I have. Wanna give me a little timeline of the Bionic official announcement and its release???
  9. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Fascinate...announced in June, released in September.

There's definitely precedent of them announcing a device and then releasing it a few months later.
    RadYOacTiVe likes this.
  10. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

I am thankful again for Steven releasing info to us and my beef is not with him or the source.....VERIZON SUCKS I am getting real close to importing a GSM version and switching carriers even if I have worse service overall I can't stand verizon.
  11. darejer

Back to my HTC rental plans. I have to purchase it online (business/government account). How do returns work online? Does the first device have to be mailed back before the next device can be ordered? Just wondering if I put myself in a really bad position for the Gnex if I rent a Rezound.
  12. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you wonder how companies like Verizon and Comcast stay in business.
    Travillion likes this.
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

All right guys. My coworkers are looking at me funny and saying "What's wrong, man?"

That's my cue to step away and breathe.

See you later, peeps.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    EdenObscured and Crashumbc like this.
  14. muscal

muscal Well-Known Member

I'm on board with that theory.
  15. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

From wikipedia:

The Motorola Droid Bionic is an Android-based, 4G LTE-capable smartphone designed by Motorola. It was originally scheduled for release in Q2 2011 but was delayed until September 2011.[1] Verizon announced on September 7 that the Bionic would be released on September 8.
    It was introduced at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show along with the Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Xoom, and Motorola CLIQ 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_Bionic

16. Tetrax

Tetrax Member

Can anyone clarify the exchange server issues with the SGN that folks were talking about earlier today? Or point me to someone that may be able to clarify further?

Btw, this is my first post in the thread. Been waiting somewhat patiently for the release...kinda maybe.
  17. Drfeetseconds

Drfeetseconds Active Member

Legal localized monopolies (at least for Comcast). If you want internet above 10mbps and you're in a Comcast area, you almost always have 0 other choices. It's really unfortunate.
  18. darejer

The worst part is when 12/15 turns in to 12/21 and 12/21 turns into 1/1 and 1/1 turns into 1/15.
    dawnierae likes this.
  19. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

I already went through this whole thing with the Bionic waiting....and waiting......and waiting some more...I even returned my Droid 3 to wait for the Bionic, and they botched that one so bad and took so long I said I might as well wait for the nexus ( should have known this was going to happen again)
  20. Interestingman

Interestingman Well-Known Member

I can vouch for slow Razr sales. A premium indirect store I know sold a few (4-5) on Friday, but 0 Saturday-Sunday. It is a relatively small, quiet store, but still.
  21. darejer

It's B.S.--- "corporate reasons" = let's sell more RAZR's and Rezounds before we release the Gnex.
  22. themanchild

Sorry guys, I'm just upset and stirring up problems. I'd question and get sassy with any comment.
    RadYOacTiVe likes this.
  23. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Steven to get to work. He wrote that while driving and not typing correctly. Hopefully it is the 17th. the reason i beleive that because he said he was excited. he wouldn't be excited if it was mid December?
  24. argent7

argent7 Active Member

25. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

February - Bionic Announced at CES
    July- Bionic sign up page goes live
    September 8 - Bionic is released

That debacle was much worse than this. Messing up a launch at this magnitude is child's play for Verizon at this point.

I need to remember to refresh before posting :rolleyes:
    themanchild and RadYOacTiVe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.