General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

There is no concrete date tied with FCC approval that I am aware of. We could go back and look at FCC approval vs. release date to see the typical/average time between the two, but it's nothing firm. That's all I was saying.
  3. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

If you look at the actual FCC filing, you'll see a 180 day confidentiality request :)

So while this is definitely, definitely, a good thing, the FCC filing was granted 6 months ago. It probably has no bearing on the actual release date.
    Travillion likes this.
  4. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

Ok guys, we know from Panda and Steven's Source that Verizon has the phones and they are good to go. FCC confirms this. Love Tunnel indicates anything holding the phone back is all corporate strategery.

Take it to Twitter! I think the only thing we can do is show that we will be uberly disappointed if they don't release this phone (but again, let's not embarrass ourselves by the manner in which we twitter hound them...).
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Because FCC could mean today or it could mean 30 days. It's not an indicator of release date.

It was generally 30 days, roughly. Lately it's been day of release (RAZR, iPhone 4S).
    Richman21 likes this.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Rather than say that just tell people you look like a frog in a blender when you dance
    JMKosmo likes this.
  7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Lookin' good in here, work today, off for the next 5 days I missed a lot this morn. End is near feel it in my gut or innards!
  8. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

So I take it we don't have any new news?
  9. jimmyt

jimmyt New Member

my razr comes tomorrow.. :) gonna do the same thing.,. in fact if we are truly out till december, might try the rezound too :) love the corporate gig

10. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I agree that pugs are great dogs. I would have never chosen them as my first choice initially, but my ex wanted them, and then didn't want them in the divorce. I have been in love with them since the day we went to see them as puppies. I wish I had named them Yin and Yang though, as one is fawn and the other is black. They take great pics, but not with my current phone, which is one of the many reasons, I need the NEXUS!!!!!

I read somewhere that T-Mobile is getting the GNEX, but nobody knows when. If VZW keeps taking so long, I will consider jumping ship to go with the unlimited data offered on T-Mobile, although that's their only draw, IMO.
    coach26 likes this.
  11. Richman21

Richman21 Well-Known Member

Come on Promo Kits!!!
  12. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Don't get too excited people. There was a whole month between when the Bionic hit the FCC and when it was actually released.
    Travillion likes this.
  13. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Is there any correlation of the 3.7V & 1000mA to the battery included with the device?
  14. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Haha, I checked FCC 3 times this morning out of sheer boredom. Figures it'd go through right afterward. Well, that's a huge step and although it doesn't by any stretch mean we're getting it right away, it does give me hope again. They tend to wait till the last minute.

Does anyone else think the 17th is still a possibility even after the "supposed" news this a.m.? I kinda do to be honest, at least sometime in November maybe.
  15. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

lol.

Plently of new news

1) Love Tunnel and others say possible delay to mid-december (not good)
    2) FCC filing passes (finally) (maybe good)
  16. wittcap79

wittcap79 Active Member

Sure, but you're going to give them your money anyway.

Let's say I go and buy a Rezound. My contract was up in August, I planned on using my upgrade for the GNex anyway, so I wasn't leaving as it is. (Which would be the ultimate "I'm tired of this crap")

Contract gain = break even, I was going to renew anyway
    Data gain = I'm unlimited, and again, this was already on my plan
    Phone sale = yes

But when I return it, and get the phone I wanted in the first place...they only gain the $35 restocking fee, and lose about $100 on the resale of a now "refurbished/returned" phone. Not to mention the labor wasted on "certifying" it as such.
  17. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

the one concern i have with buying the RAZR and then returning it is this: because there appears to be a real demand for the GNex, what happens if they are backordered or out of stock when i want to return?? and they don't get in more GNexes until after 1/15??
  18. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

this is my first time trying to get through this thread, and all i can say is that it reminds me of the wait on the thunderbolt all over again. all we want from VZ at this point is INFORMATION! let us know when it will be available and we will quit bitching. i understand that providing that info may lead to reduced sales of other models (iphone4 in the case of the bolt, razr/rezound in the case of the GNex), but intentionally keeping your customers in the dark is downright disrespectful. we know it exists, we know you will be carrying it. we are not demanding the phone tomorrow, or even next week (although it would be nice), we just want to know when you DO plan on releasing it!

[/rant]
    Dubbin1 likes this.
  19. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I still believe they are holding off the release so that Verizon can sell more of the Razrs and Rezounds because they need to get rid of stock and they also have financial obligations to HTC and especially Motorola now (you have to please the shareholders).

It isn't crying conspiracy and it isn't unsubstantiated.

Even Stevens source says that it isn't because of hardware or software issues:

20. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up people. There was a whole month between when the Bionic hit the FCC and when it was released, ditto for the RAZR. This pretty much means we won't see the Nexus until mid December.
  21. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Loving the fcc pass. Delay sux did he have a reason?
  22. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

nexusprimepls likes this.
  23. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

Its listed that it was submitted on 11/03/2011 on the FCC site.
  24. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

LOL. What kind of commit is that?:p
  25. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

So general consensus...how imminent is a release now that it has gone through the FCC? I can't wait much more and if it goes beyond 11/21 then I have to get a RAZR or Rezound and return it before I get the GNex.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.