***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reality check, but no need to post the same thing twice in a few minutes.
  2. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

My head hurts, I wake up having a real good feeling about the Nexus, go to lunch thinking I'll be lucky to have it by Nov 28th, and now see it go through the FCC TODAY!!! What the heck is going on?! I'm not sure I can take much more of this, oy!
  3. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

I return in time anyhow and go back to OG until phone I want releases and is available.
  4. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

As always, thanks to Steven and the source for keeping us in the loop as much as they can. Remember, people are risking their jobs to provide us with this information. That being said...

It's just one phone. Am I excited as hell, for it, yes, but it's not something I'm going to put my life or enjoyment on hold for. The source said exactly what I've been saying I'd do: pick up a Rezound for now.

I want/need a new 4G phone. Going from a Bionic back to my Droid 2 was a painful experience. I might as well enjoy something which I had wanted to begin with, at least in the short term. I'm not "losing out" or "caving in". It doesn't preclude anyone from getting a GNex later. For those who have never had any interest in a RAZR or Rezound, then yes, picking one up to test out is a waste of time and new packaging. Stay the course and don't settle for less than what you want. With the caveat that it doesn't push you into the realm of the wait severely disrupting your life or productivity. Should Verizon push the phone back beyond Jan 9, then it's frankly no longer worth that kind of wait for me without some official date (such as Jan 15, for example) from Verizon. Everyone here has done their best to support each other and share their joy of such tech here. But if we need to resort to badgering reps for several pieces (or lack thereof) of unconfirmed info or spamming on twitter, then what's the point? The frustration level in here, as OTD and others have noted, is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes, we know this launch is being botched on some level. Or maybe it isn't. All we do know is that Verizon didn't promise it to anyone at this time, no matter how much that sucks or how many GSM users get their hands on one. Is it frustrating? Yes. But that's life. As was also said numerous times, Verizon doesn't manufacture phones. They sell their network access. If one is satisfied with the network, then that should come before picking a phone. For example, I'm not gonna jump to T-Mobile or someone else if they suddenly get an unlocked Galaxy Note no matter how much I'd enjoy the device. I'll get what I feel is the best phone available at the time I need one. Right now, that's the Rezound. That may not be the case in a month, but again, my options will still be open a month from now if I'm not in love with it or find it lacking. Being accustomed to Motorola build and call/signal quality, trying an HTC or Samsung phone is like being in foreign waters for me, so I appreciate the extended return period Verizon has for the holidays. I'll just have to be extra, extra careful not to put a scratch on the Rezound in the meantime.

So everyone take a step back along with a deep breath. We've been waiting a long time for the GNex. A lot of you longer than others. I've always wanted a Nexus device myself and was envious that they weren't on Verizon. But I rule my devices. They (despite what some people I know would say) do not rule me and dictate my day to day.

So, let's get back to having fun here. Healthy speculation is fine. Anger, while understandable, isn't worth the energy expense, no matter the delay reason. Verizon hasn't cheated you nor have they taken your money already and provided nothing in return. I don't work for them and don't know anyone who does, so I've got nothing to gain in saying such. Despite my assertion that they have the best network, they don't walk on water and are by no means perfect, as this whole release shows.

So, as the holiday seasons approach and it's time to prepare family gatherings and gift shopping etc, remember what and who are really important in the long run.
    Tytan, Mr. Link and BabyBlues like this.
  5. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

That may jive with not releasing the info until today for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!:)
  6. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Since FCC delays would have been more technical, and The Source told Steven it's "corporate" delays, it sounds to me like the phone is technically (software AND hardware) ready to go (confirmed by FCC approval), but Verizon is holding it up, likely to avoid eating their own lunch with the RAZR/Rezound. Just my two cents, but I think early/mid December is looking more and more likely.
  7. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

i know im probably a few pages off; im a little past steves vzw store/source post. but so many of you are so confused. by steven saying i know its coming in two days, he was referring to the 17th.. the day we've been aiming for for 3 weeks now guys.. lol

some of you really need more sleep
  8. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

It's not bad news by any means, but considering the time it has taken for some phones to actually come out after FCC approval, it doesn't exactly excite me.
  9. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure we actually have an accurate gauge of demand, my friend. We're consumed in a box of people that really, really want the phone. We see it all over the web, but how many of us are there in actuality? I don't know the answer, but presumably Verizon would have anticipated a quarter million or so, wouldn't you think? Are there THAT many of us around? I'm not so sure...
  10. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Awwww, love you to Hans. :p

I agree with you on the Bionic, but it was stated several time by several different people that Verizon was not thrilled with the Bionic and had to release it because of a contract with Moto. I blame Moto for coming up with a sub-par phone and dumping it on Verizon more than anything else. The only thing I really blame Verizon on with the Bionic is actually marketing the thing, but that could have been a contract thing too. That whole fiasco is one of the reasons the Razr doesn't interest me.

As far as Verizon not caring about there customers, they are one of the top rated customer service companies in the world. While they are in existence to make money I think they like to keep their customers happy.

Honestly, I think this is more of a "LTE will be there soon anyway" thing than anything else. They plan on covering every possible square foot of the US with LTE so why change the pricing on to change it back later. At&t is going to take a while to get caught up and their pricing plan actually reflects that.

They are a corporation and corporations get a little frightened of giving out too much bad info.

Think about another type of company, like a car company. Think of Toyota. Toyota had problems with their cars a few years back. Some wouldn't stop and others decided to peg to 100 mph until they hit something. This was a disaster for the company and they came right out and said it. They started working on the problem right away and eventually solved it, but how many people do you think avoid Toyota after that? I have no idea, but I'm guessing that there are plenty that will never buy one now.

I know that is a little bit of an extreme example, but the point is that bad news sticks with people. Coming out and saying, "We have problem X and hope to have it resolved by X date." could cost them possible customers. Think about the stigmas that phones already have on this forum. HTC will have bad battery life. Samsung will take forever and a week to update their phones. Motorolas will have bad cameras. Stuff like that sticks in people's minds. Why come out and make a public statement that could cost them other customers when there are plenty of people that only know, "Later this year."

I know honey and I believe me I do understand everyone's frustration. Bad news is never fun and not being able to do anything about it only makes it worse. Trust me when I say that I am just as disappointed as others are, but after working in corporate environments for years and years, I kind of have an understanding for how they work and the way they think. In their minds, if something isn't costing lives then there isn't any reason to speak up about it. It is the old adage, "It is better to appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I just try to bring a little perspective and rational thought into situations that I feel need it. Even when it isn't always wanted.
  11. kamon211

kamon211 Well-Known Member

12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I thought the RAZR's FCC info was published the day ordering opened up, didn't it?

Which jives with BMX's release date of 11/3. But it was pushed back.

He posted the convo in full. Love Tunnel confirmed mid-December.
  13. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

*Source 497 (janitor at VZW corporate office) presses his ear against the wall and tries to get some insider info....

Littlewig "...but the interwebs are blowing up, they are talking about an Occupy Verizon unless they get the Nexus"
    Bigwig (yelling) "I don't care, I'm not releasing it until the Android Forum post count is higher than the Incredible thread!"
  14. muscal

muscal Well-Known Member

This Android Central Podcast - Android Central Live Podcast | Android Central

BLOWS SO HARD. They are talking about such old crap news. Still talking about the Android Fragmentation chart that hit the internet over a month ago. Why wouldn't they be discussing the Galaxy Nexus, it would be much more entertaining for the listeners. Glad i'm a forum member here.
  15. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

thought the same thing. perhaps this is the "hardware issues" Steven's source was alluding to. that's a pretty vague statement... hopefully the hw issue/delay was getting everything submitted to FCC and approved.
  16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

More news.

K-West, kyler13, matt999000 and 22 others like this.
  17. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

That would be true if I were already with VZW. I'm coming over from AT&T.

However, you still make a good point. I could always buy something used/cheap if the GNex release got delayed again (if it is indeed delayed).
  18. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

December 17th...a Saturday? That's VERY unusual.
  19. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

Ehhh... Saturday release?

Ninja'd... I'm too slow.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

The Love Tunnel said it was not related to hardware issues, but was only a "corporate" decision.

Aaaaaannndd I'm done.

Good bye everyone.

Forever.

Ta ta.
    eddieruko likes this.
  21. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Is that 11/17 to 12/17? That doesn't jive with any information at all. 12/17 is a Saturday too.

Thanks for the info, as usual, Steven but I am going to place this one at the back of the believable queue.

Edit: Ninja'd, ninja'd and ninja'd some more.
    Trooper likes this.
  22. coach26

coach26 Well-Known Member

I hate to agree with you Han, but that's what I was thinking. Remember, today was the day promotional stuff was supposed to start arriving at the store. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is when the FCC was released to the public. To me this just confirms panda's tweet about the phone being ready by the date promised, and that everything is in Verizon's court. This also goes with what the source said today.
    It may be that Verizon paid for a 30 day exclusive, and their just deciding when to release it in that 30 day span. I'm sure their just crunching the numbers to see if putting it off could help the razor & rezound sales to postpone the original release date, compared to the money they put down for the exclusive. Or maybe they didn't pay Google at all, maybe Google made a deal to give them a short exclusive to be able to put a bloatfree phone on their network. As big as VZW is, I would think it would be important to Google to get a Nexus phone on their network. With that being said, it may not cost VZW a dime to postpone the launch to improve sales. IMHO of course.
  23. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

OK folks. @VerizonWireless is now the recipient of my first two tweets in my life. I'm not proud, but I feel better.
    SPLover, ASC, bldgengineer and 7 others like this.
  24. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

Open up the actual documents and you will see the date the document was prepared. It was made well before that 11/14 date. Not sure what that's all about though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.