1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

Maybe the fact that the source code for ics was released yesterday, Google is forcing Verizon's hand and they are now moving up their release plans. I'm still hoping for a 17th release. :/
  2. bdub

bdub Active Member

See Now, you just got me all giddy again, quit it. :D
  3. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

"He posted the convo in full. Love Tunnel confirmed mid-December"

yes, i was saying the reason steven said "i know its in 2 days" we because he was assuming we were still working on the 17th. but then the source confirmed what the vzw guy told him, mid dec

i think the best thing for you guys right now is to hold off on getting excited about the fcc thing. as someone else said, they had a 180 day confidentiality agreement. so the phone going through fcc 6 months ago really doesnt hold any merit, other then this week 6 months ago was a candidate for release

kellex and the source, have been pretty reliable. i have no doubt in my mind the 17th was going to be a release date. getting accessories in last week, and the vigor being released on the 14th point to that. if theyre saying the plan right now is mid dec, then that is the plan. dont be convincing yourself otherwise
    coach26 likes this.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Sucks when we realize that. ;)

Absolutely!
  5. bradm77

bradm77 Well-Known Member

I just think that Verizons handling of this whole thing has been a REZOUNDING Failure........ LOL

My Rezound order is on hold until Noon tomorrow, if we are then where we are now, then i become an HTC owner for the next two years...

Honestly, i think i probably would prefer the nexus mainly for ICS and bloatfree... I will be able to, fairly soon, have both on the Rezound via root/titanium, so i am not worried about buyers remorse at all if ReZounx ends up being my phone.
  6. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

They probably want to sell more razr, rezound than Nexus. But on most android forums, facebook, the Nexus is winning the poll vs Razr, Rezound combined for desired new phone now. So I'm not sure if Nexus will sell less than other two. The demand on nexus might be much bigger than what verizon anticipated. Granted the folks on online forum is still minority but very vocal and influential.
  7. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Mods: Get the water cannons ready: They're going to break through the barricades soon.
  8. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Just remember that you have all the way until Jan 9 to switch it out if you're not happy with it, so you're not immediately "stuck" for 2 years.
  9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I think it is a really nice phone. HTC did a great job. I'm really interested to see the reviews on the battery life.
  10. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Man I wish I was one of the ignorant that just walks into a store and blindly buys a phone without doing any research or knowing anything. Ignorance really is bliss!!! I'd be a happy, content Rezound owner right now, never knowing any better.
    Boghdoir likes this.
  11. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Reviews were good. 10 hours with heavy 4G use.
  12. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

The reason I'm cautiously optimistic it'll be next week is the cases are in stores and it's passed through the FCC, if testing ends this week and it passes what's to stop it from being out next week since they could update the phones as they're being sold in the store or when they're shipped... Hopefully we'll hear from Verizon this week at least but for now I'm cutting back on the forums to catch up on work and will be checking in often (just not f5, f5, f5, work, f5, work, f5, f5, f5, go home like I have been yesterday and today). Let's all just relax and enjoy the ride since that's what life is all about. :)
  13. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Wow, that is surprising. Maybe they fixed battery issues with software somewhere.
  14. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

I will say this first... I have tons of respect for Steven and "The Source"... However it was stated that the source is out of the loop.... I am not sure we can take that as "Confirmation" of a Mid-December release....

Just 2 more cents.... :)
    DH in DC likes this.
  15. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

OP updated with lates (dis)information. hey.. I'm trying for you here. :p
  16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

That's true... but only recently.
  17. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

While true, Steven also said a VZW rep had said mid-December, too, so the confirmation from The Source makes it that much more credible.
  18. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

Closer the Nexus gets to Christmas, better the odds of having to re-gift. Hmmm lets see what I have.:rolleyes:
  19. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

And this, folks, is all I need to go buy the Rezound. I'm not going another month on a donor phone, and I doubt that I'll switch to the GN when it does drop.

Thanks for the laughs guys, if the Rezound is completely uninspiring rooted and running ICS, I might be seeing you later.
    bradm77 likes this.
  20. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

hahah hans is looking for the tallest building in his city as we speak
  21. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I've received a call back from Verizon Corporate. Does anyone know how to take a Google Voice voicemail and share it? I missed his call and plan on calling him back after I get off work today.

Here is what the message said:

"Good afternoon, this call is for xxxxxx xxxxx. Hi Mr. xxxxx my name is Kegan, I'm calling from the Presidents office of Verizon Wireless regarding your email I had received regarding you wanted to get some information about the Galaxy Nexus. I'd like to speak to you in regards to this concern, if you can sir give me a call back area code (412) 266-xxxx. Thank you for being a loyal customer here at Verizon Wireless and enjoy the rest of your day."
    Tytan, SPLover, BobF and 12 others like this.
  22. brent_strong

brent_strong Well-Known Member

Got the Razr yesterday thinking I was getting in on the long return window. Looks like the window started today. Anyone know if Verizon would make an exception in case I want to return the Razr?
  23. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

Do we really believe it's going to release on December 17th? A Saturday? Has a Verizon phone ever been released on a Saturday before?
  24. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

lol call him back now?
  25. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

again, so is kellex. kellex is the guy who told everyone rezound would be on a monday, and it happened. hes pointing to dec too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.