1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

Part of me feels like this entire release is some sick psychological experiment.

We are the mice. :)
    bdub, coach26 and johnrclem like this.
  2. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

That information could have been due to lack of FCC approval... :)

Steven,

I appriciate everything you and the source have done for us... no disrespect intended... :) I fully acknowledge that the "out of the loop" is a recent change... :)
  3. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

At this point, VZW has to come clean. This FCC document doesn't do anything for my hopes of a release earlier than the first week Or two in December. What it does do is place VZW in a bit of a pickle. This is a public document and now everyone knows without question that they're carrying it. In my opinion they can't hide behind a vague "some time this year; please sign up for more info" statement. Make SOMETHING of an official statement already! Grrr
  4. Reborn58

Reborn58 Well-Known Member

Please call right now, before they close! Lol. I can't wait anymore.
  5. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Well, at least the FCC is something. Better then what we have been getting like random dates getting flung around. I was all set to make my way up to the Verizon store to see if I could compare the razr with the rezound and go from there. I seriously was leaning toward the razr but this FCC news kind of pulled me from the edge a bit. Don't get me wrong I am still on the ledge but I have stepped a half step back from the edge.
  6. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be a great day if:
    VZW released online the GNex in the middle of the big concert tomorrow! Talk about twitter going wild.
  7. Grandmadroid

Grandmadroid Well-Known Member

Ugh....I just feel so done.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  8. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Very exciting about the FCC.

Has anoyone pointed out this?
    Confidentiality Request Letter Cover Letter(s) 11/03/2011 pdf 11/15/2011

Verizon filed on the third and expected to release today. So as of 11-3-11 I think it was planned to announce it today. (Could have changed, but it's something to chew on)
  9. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Kellex also said in his FCC post:
    Basically, "despite our sources, we really don't know yet!".
    bdub and Highwayman like this.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Devil's Advocate speaking here - they could also be looking at it saying 'hey, we said it would be before the end of the year but since you doubt us here's the FCC release.' I do think that even the big guys at VZW know they are causing some unrest over this phone - as much as we like to think they're ignorant, most really aren't - and that they are doing what they planned on all along. It sucks worse than finding yourself with a steak, in a fur coat in the middle of a PETA rally but its what we have to deal with.
    Highwayman likes this.
  11. chanop

chanop Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards believing the mid-december date now. That's still fine with me. No other phones. No trade-ins. I'll wait.
  12. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

Hey I'm new here but I've been following for a week or so.

I just want to clear up what I believe to be a misconception here. If you look at the confidentiality request on the FCC you will see it is for documents such as product manual, product photos, etc. So I don't believe the documents released today are subject to the confidentiality request. Therefore I do not think that this FCC release in any way indicates that the documents were submitted 6 months ago. Plus, let's be realistic. That doesn't make sense.
    Mooem and coach26 like this.
  13. BabyBlues

Welcome to the nut house. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!
  14. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

Agreed. What I'm basically getting at is this; they made this bed (for better or worse in THEIR eyes) now they have to lay in it.

Edited for typo. I hate typos. But I should have just been glad I didn't have to do two battery pulls in the middle of my post like I did the last time. So close to going the Rezound-and-return route.
  15. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member

If an ice cream sandwich rom comes out for my droid x before gnex release I might just wait for galaxy sIII release.
    BaronOfBlood likes this.
  16. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

FORGET YOUR JOB JUST CALL HIM NOW! Take one for the team!!!!!!

:D
  17. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

So far, people have been reporting the battery life is better than they expected. Ironically, it was posted elsewhere that the RAZR is getting a firmware update which will reportedly fix a battery drain issue, among other things.
  18. BabyBlues

I couldn't agree more. I just wish they had made it without subjecting us to the 'dutch oven' we seem to be in
    IgnatiusXIX and Crashumbc like this.
  19. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Well, I was hoping we'd get at least a firm release date before 30k, but it's not looking that way now. :D

What's the over/under on the # of posts when we get a real release date and to the date of release itself? Looking like 50k isn't unreasonable at this point. :)
  20. BabyBlues

If it's not released till December then I see us racking up at least 35k, possibly 40 - not sure abut 50 though. :)
  21. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

The visual on that was fantastic! :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  22. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

For the inventory screen on AndroidCentral has anyone seen that screen or layout for a phone before? Can you vouch for its authenticity? Just glancing at it I feel like I could throw a HTML page up that looks exactly like it in < 1 hour.
  23. harpua

harpua Well-Known Member

have you called gamblers anonymous
  24. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

my upgrade is available on Nov 16th, I am off of work on Nov 18th....if nothing official is announced by that evening (18th) then its time for the Rezound or Razr and I'll HOPE that the Gnex is released by Jan 9th/15th and I can drop the $35 and exchange it but at this point I'm not hopeful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.