***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Got a level 85 Undead Priest but I don't think it'll be of much help here. :p
  2. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

what is the email address?
  3. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

Maybe but I'm not necessarily with some of you on here about the "soft launch". I think they want to give the Razr especially a little time to market it and sell as many as they can before pushing the Nexus. I know the purpose of a soft-launch would be to do exactly that but my personal opinion is that isn't going to happen. I think I'm more and more on board with 11/28 as being the day when it comes out everywhere and they turn their focus to selling as many Sexy Nexy's as they can.
  4. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

small rumble from the back...

soft launch
    soft launch
    soft launch
    soft launch
    soft launch
    soft launch
    soft launch
    bdub, BabyBlues and Highwayman like this.
  5. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Folks, if the phones are being shipped to warehouses now, doesn't that lend support for a Nov 21st web only launch?
    6 days is an adequate amount of time for phones to be shipped to warehouses, right? Then maybe another week for the phones to get to their stores for a 28th in store release?

It's all falling into place now (I hope) :)
    kyler13 and Highwayman like this.
  6. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

While ultimately, it's Verizon's decision when to start selling it, I have no doubt they are being pressured at least indirectly by Google and Samsung to get the product to market as soon as possible. Google and Samsung could care less how many Razrs or other Verizon phones sell this month. If they think Verizon is delaying the launch just to sell a few more razrs or rezounds, the partnership with verizon is not going to last long. To say a company as important as Google has no influence on when their flagship phone hits the market first in the US is a bit naive.

Now, if a delay is due to technical reasons, then that's another matter entirely.
  7. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

If they are shipping to warehouses RIGHT now, I actually think it is possible to launch 21st (maybe even the 17th still :eek:). Two days is pretty standard for corporate shipping, so that has them in warehouses on the 17th (ok, maybe not in stores the 17th), but then another 2 days to the stores factoring in the weekend brings us to Monday, the 21st... Anyone with me on my crazy train of optimism?

EDIT: Just realized that this is a SAMSUNG phone... Samsung is coming from over seas, so maybe my shipping times are off...
    Highwayman likes this.
  8. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

And don't forget Duarte said November. Which reminds me, Is the OnTheVerge show available anywhere yet?
  9. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

You could be right. This whole thing is fluid enough that they could either way. There has been some back and forth on the web-only or store launch. I'm just trying to line up the puzzles that may or may not actually be there. :p Speculation, ain't it fun?
  10. soccerplaya2090

soccerplaya2090 Well-Known Member

Im confused how the phones would just now be getting to the warehouses when panda has said a couple times Verizon already has them.
    bdub and Travillion like this.
  11. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

For an in-store launch, I would believe the phones only need to be in the store the day before the launch... so I completely agree... 17th is still possible.... :)
  12. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

their fiscal year might not be the calendar year. so this might be their 2nd quarter going off their fiscal year starting in july, which is pretty common.
    Travillion likes this.
  13. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I will absolutely send an email this evening when I get home. This was a great idea, as long as everyone sends respectful emails, we may be able to make something happen here. If nothing else, we may confirm what they already know, that this phone will DOMINATE the RAZR and ReZound,
  14. Interestingman

Interestingman Well-Known Member

15. tdub88

tdub88 Well-Known Member

NEVER trust anybody named Lance...........
  16. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

Haha sometimes! Everything I put on here is just my personal gut feeling, so speculation is the name of the game
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't think he said they actually got them already. I think he said that the phones were finished and up to specs by the date Google had promised.
  18. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

I think we will have an announcement within the week at the very least. Things are moving too fast to not. We got ICS Source + FCC and rumors of handsets shipping we have to be close to at the very least an announcement.
  19. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm optimistic, but this is only if they are ARRIVING in warehouses today or tomorrow. If they are shipping today or tomorrow then I don't think they would be in STORES by then, unless they are shipping direct from the manufacturer to the retailer...Looking back at that text it sounds like they are shipping TO the warehouses "soon"
  20. Sketchr

Sketchr Well-Known Member

Mine too. I'm liking the Nexus obsession so much more:D
  21. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you'd have to wait a few days for that. This happened to me when I went to "rent" a Samsung Stratosphere for a week while my Blackberry wasn't working. I returned it, got the refund immediately but it was about a week before I got the upgrade placed back on my account.
  22. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

hahaha not that I trust him, but I just think that if phones are shipping to warehouses "soon", by the time they get here from overseas, and then to stores I don't think anything before the 28th or maybe the 24th/25th can work unless they start with online only.
  23. what29

what29 Well-Known Member

Mari, Thanx you for taking the time to read my email as I know you are a very busy person this time of year with the launch of 2 great new phones. The reason for my email is that the third great new phone, which has not launched yet, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is for some reason appears to be delayed by Verizon. I am a technology enthusiast and switched to Verizon 2 years ago when they were supposed to get the Nexus 1 but that never came to fruition. I am coming up on my renewal and would like to know if Verizon is worth staying with because it appears the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will launch on GSM soon. I do not want to go back to ATT but I must if they have the better technology. Anything you can add to help me make the decision to stay. I own www.ProRollers.net and would not keep my customers in the dark about up and coming products the way Verizon has done so recently. Thanx xxxxxxxxxxx

thats what i sent along with a contact number...we will see
    harpua and Travillion like this.
  24. EdenObscured

EdenObscured Well-Known Member

Wow, sucks to be 3 hours behind on all the posts. Took 20 mins to catch up. So who is thinking the 18th date could be for real or 21st? If these ship out to the store tomorrow. They should be in by friday.......

Hmmm.
  25. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Anyone else is here warring over family upgrade availability? We all take upgrades from each other without really asking since we live all over the country.

They know I love Android (and that I would excommunicated members even thinking about fruit) but I'm a little embarrassed to tell them just HOW MUCH I want to get this phone. Let alone the fact that I follow this thread manically. If they only knew...:)

I will win the upgrade. No doubt. But every passing day means I have to keep them from upgrading first to phones out now. It's been a battle. Anything past this month will not be easy for me on so many fronts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.