***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

What was the time frame between FCC approval and the Bionic release?

Advertisement
  2. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

I didn't see any dates on that pic. It could have been snapped a week ago while the phones were onhand two days ago.
    Not saying that it's likely, but to base a date off of information with no date is not going to get us anywhere.
  3. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Well-Known Member

Wow, we've seen a lot of news today. Some good, some bad.

After I digested everything up to this point, I've come to a few educated guesses.

1. So tomorrow is that big Google Music event, correct? And they specifically mentioned Android in the invite. And it is USA event, so we can gather that they will show of new Google Music features with ICS features and a new Android Market containing music for purchase
    2. LTE Gnex passes through/is revealed through FCC
    3. We get a screenshot of Verizon ordering the Gnex
    4. Knowledge that a lot of times, Verizon will announce a phone for release/preorder the next day.
    5. I still think Verizon would be absolutely nuts not have this in time for Black Friday. And any marketing dummy would know that if they have an anticipated device ready, it is a REALLY BAD idea to sit on it and release it when the holiday shopping season is already half over
    6. I'm convinced after reading several insiders takes that there is nothing wrong with the hardware/software at this point
    7. I'm also convinced that all of the marketing for this device will come from Google/Samsung, and hardly any from Verizon. Verizon is merely the carrier, and I have read they are going to be hands off in terms of promotion.

I'm concluding that Verizon releases a press statement tomorrow morning at 10 AM (same time we saw the Casio press statement this morning) about the GNex release and pricing. Then later in the evening Google hypes up the availability of the GNex at their music press conference.

That's my best guess for now
    coach26, SPLover, bdub and 4 others like this.
  4. soccerplaya2090

soccerplaya2090 Well-Known Member

5. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member

I sent two e-mails about the Galaxy Nexus. Got a reply back today. I'm pretty sure I've seen this same reply before on this site. Nothing new to report:

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

30k .. ok.. now we're a mega thread.

Also, I've been away for a couple of hours. I needs soemone to sum it up. :)
  7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

No - just warring with sanity - they think I don't have any left. :eek:

But I understand what it's like for you - I got put on my friend's account as a manager so that when a phone releases that she wants I can go snatch it before any of her family members take upgrades. Its funnier cause they don't know how she was at work and got the phone. (She was due for an upgrade and wanted a dinc, but they wanted fruit - guess who won)
    Highwayman likes this.
  8. la teacher

la teacher Member

Does anyone know if the "$299" Verizon GN will have 16GB or 32 GB?
  9. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

spy178

Device(s):

for those of us who have purchased the ReZound with the intent to return for the gnex..are you using or not using the Head Phones that came with the phone? I just don't want to use the head phones and then it's a deal breaker when trying to return it. Supposedly they are expensive head phones and i doubt they will want to take them back if they're used. As a side note, i've had the Rezound four about 2 hours now and it is a very nice phone, going to be tough to give up.

Use the heaphones!!!! Maybe they won't take them back. Do you have a lot of earwax?
  10. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

As someone with clients in distribution, I can tell you that the standard lead time between placing an order from Asia and receiving it on US shores is about a month. Obviously this varies from product to product and only applies if the cargo is shipped via vessel (would they really pay to air freight these things though? that's not standard practice for quantities that Verizon would be receiving) but it doesn't bode well for a November release if that screenshot from earlier shows orders being placed today.
    Travillion likes this.
  11. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks like a canned response.
  12. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

"In a Galaxy far, far away..."
    Steven58 likes this.
  13. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Everybody is positive that nobody knows anything :)
    sweatyBeef, stgmngr210, bdub and 6 others like this.
  14. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

No I was going off what Hans sister texted him today about phones getting shipped to warehouses soon and then after they get to warehouses they can be shipped to stores. If they aren't in warehouses yet, 2 more shipping destinations (warehouses, then stores) aren't going to be reached overnight. That's all I meant
  15. BabyBlues

High, low, Hans saying he was leaving, bets as to how true, fcc pass, high, phone call to bigwig's office - no new info, Hans coming back with info from sister that he should wait it out, f5 keys broken, OTD needs minions that can speed read ......what did I miss fellow Nexicans?
    jkc120 and Steven58 like this.
  16. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Who is this "nobody" and how can I get in touch with them?? If they know anything, they must know the release date of the Nexus.
    la teacher likes this.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

He said:

That's not confirmation that they've gotten them already. It seems to me that he was expecting it, but who knows what happened or if they ever did.

He certainly never confirmed that they did, and we haven't seen any pics or documents leak regarding shipping (except for that order sheet today).

I doubt they are at warehouses yet.
  18. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I SINCERELY doubt they are just now shipping over the stock from Korea. More likely, they are shipping from Samsung state-side facilities to Verizon warehouses.
    bdub, Highwayman and Travillion like this.
  19. Cahill

Cahill Active Member

What realm you play on? I'm on US-Area 52.
  20. BabyBlues

OFF TOPIC:

I feel so left out. I need to start gaming. Lol.
    Delvirtud and Cahill like this.
  21. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope that's the case. Do they update these things state-side to match updates and bug fixes supplied by Google or is that done before the final order is placed from Samsung? Or is it done in store before sale?
  22. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Just got confirmation: This Thread's Reunion will be at the Han Solo residence and it WILL be catered!! Date TBA.
    breadnatty08 and Trooper like this.
  23. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

It is done by OTD's undead, speed-reading minions...
  24. BabyBlues

Awesome! Thanks HAN!!!
    :D
  25. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

I always thought orders like that were always from distribution centers overseas. Does anyone know if a company like Samsung would first ship their products to a state side distribution center that another company like Verizon would order from?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.