Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Second time I have had the post after a XX000 post. :(

Advertisement
  2. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

Do I see that the UK IS getting the Nexus tomorrow? I thought it was delayed....?
  3. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I know the US is behind the rest of the world in terms of mobile tech. I was simply referring to the number of Verizon US users versus UK users.
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

31k?

D'oh, ninja'd.
  5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

nj02vette likes this.
  6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

31k!

fail.
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Also this is a good explanation of S-OFF: What Is S-OFF & How To Gain It On HTC Android Phones With unrevoked forever

Gandalf7, EarlyMon and laslen like this.
  8. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

Sheesh....lots of burst activity.

Will we hit 32k today?
  9. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

If you read my whole post, you would have seen that the reason I fault Google and Samsung is because they haven't made the prior Nexus phones commercial successes in the past, they've allowed them to be things for primarily geeks and enthusiasts with low sales numbers. This has given them little to no leverage with the carriers, so unlike Apple they can't launch the phone when they want, they have to wait for the carriers to determine that.
    woodraskam likes this.
  10. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

good lord, it was 30981...I read an email and now its 31008!!!!!!! I will never work again during the XX000 time and I won't work for a day when we near 100,000!!!

(god I hope we don't reach 100,000 as that would mean LONG delays)
  11. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Guide promotion and the 31k spot. Gee, I might just go buy some lotto tickets today. :D
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  12. CaptainRon

Greened and 31000 in the same day! Congrats!!
    nj02vette likes this.
  13. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Awesome congrats again!

Buy one for me too we can split the winnings! ;):D
  14. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

I have an incredible and I have that same issue lol
  15. edward90

edward90 Well-Known Member

Anyone still think this phone is landing on the 17th lol..?
    jbdan likes this.
  16. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Still standing by this prediction!!!
    Trooper and EarlyMon like this.
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

A little too late for that, methinks :p

But thanks!
  18. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

I wont argue with ya. Seems reasonable; most of us just don't want to rule out something sooner.
  19. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Still hoping against hope. :cool:
  20. CaptainRon

Sorry, but you sound like my wife.

"Our team is down by 8 points and there is only three minutes left in the game. Let's go home. I'm cold!"

Granted, the chances are slim, but it's a lot more fun hoping it will. :)
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I did read the whole thing, and I still think that you can't blame this on Google or Samsung. Okay, so the Nexus line hasn't been a success in the past.

BUT, everything that a Nexus "was" has completely been thrown out the window. This Nexus was not designed for a dev niche community. Just look at it.

* Biggest screen on any phone in the U.S.
    * 1 of only 2 HD, 720p resolution screens
    * Top of the line of available CPU/GPU
    * 4G LTE speeds
    * "Vanilla" Android is NOT "vanilla" anymore. It is elegant and beautiful
    * It's effectively a superior SGSII (best selling phone in the world).

Could Verizon, even with all its stupidity, look at this device and say "Eh, it's just for devs. Let's put it at the bottom of the pile," ???

That's absurd.

I strongly suspect that this will be the best selling phone in the world until quad-cores come out. This will be the SGSII a few times over. BMX is tweeting that UK people are going crazy over it (he's over there as part of his Google job right now).

Verizon is capable of such boneheaded stupidity, as we have seen over and over. I think Verizon is the only one at fault here.
    ASC, RichSz, SPLover and 7 others like this.
  22. laslen

laslen Member

It means Security-Off.

Essentially, it unlocks the NAND flash memory to allow write access by disabling the signature verification protocol stored in the phone's radio.

It is (for the most part) unique to HTC devices, and it must be bypassed in order to obtain root.

Edit: I just noticed Stigy was quicker to the draw than I. I don't want to steal his thunder.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Completely off topic - When did the phandroid man change? He is now holding a green sign. Is that to indicate the onslaught of new guides??
  24. Russellmaniakw

Russellmaniakw Well-Known Member

The Rezound is rooted, but it only lasts until the phone is rebooted. They are still trying to unlock the bootloader and I think S-off is part of that process.

So for now, there's essentially no root b/c even freezing apps when you have root doesn't work b/c they revert back to unfrozen after a reboot.
  25. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Vegas has taken up odds on this dang thing landing in VZW consumers hands by black Friday?... my heart wants to say yes it will. But all my instincts say I could make good money money betting post BF.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.