***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Why the 28th? Makes no business sense. If you are going to miss BF, might as well push it to mid December. That would give the RAZR a solid month of sales.
    bdub, zx10droid and eddieruko like this.
  2. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

No, I don't
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I really don't either... just throwing it out there as food for thought :)
  4. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

I'm still giving it until Saturday in the hopes there will be a more concrete date (or even a good chance of the 21st, but I'm picking a Rezound if nothing pops up. As big a moral dilemma as "renting" a phone may be, it's not nearly as big as using a phone that isn't yours and could put you into financial obligation to vzw if broken imo. I've been playing with fire for a month and I'm not going to continue to do so. Who knows, I've had good luck with HTC before, I might end up keeping it.
  5. rickmla

rickmla Member

So we have retailers and a couple of insiders saying the 28th. Could easily be the in-store date.

Now how about the preorders @VZWSupport mentioned this morning?

Argh if I just knew who to believe.
  6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

With what my sister said about me not being "thrilled", I'm thinking week of 28th. Either the 28th, or possibly December 1 if they go back to their usual Thursday releases.

I don't think I put much stock in the software being a problem either. Otherwise the UK devices wouldn't be releasing either. It's not like they're running 4.02 or something. :confused:
    Travillion, dawnierae and jmar like this.
  7. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

Thanks Easter Bunny.... bok bok... opps... I mean, Thanks Steven! :D
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Father did very well with both of us.

I hope that new complexities in my positronic net won't degrade - I've just read all of the posts here 14 times in 93 milliseconds, so I'm certainly within spec.

Curious they take us for human.

Goto image file 88/HUYEL-14.img - you'll find that I'm also equipped with my own docking port for the upcoming Nexus. :)
  9. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Watch it be software compatibility problems with Verizon's apps "My Verizon","Hot Spot", etc... :p It was mentioned that they would be on Verizon's Nexus (I believe the Windsock mentioned it?) Not total bloatware but just a few of Verizon's services.
    Travillion likes this.
  10. woodraskam

Yeah, sorry if I came off a bit short. Thread's got my glass half empty.
  11. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about when online sales would start, but Cyber Monday is the 28th. The more geeky black friday for a phone loved by geeks.
  12. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

Hey all...

Been lurking here for a few weeks.... thanks to all for the great 411.

I just had to jump in and give my $.02 on the whole Razr/Rezound conspiracy theories; I am not buying any of it. Think about it

1. They want to move product, they don't care what it is, they need to see big numbers in this quarter and really don't care how.

2. They have the stock, they want to move it just as bad as you want to have it. It makes their bottom line look really bad to have piles of unsold stock sitting around the warehouse.

3. They don't want to release something that's supposed to be top of the line / high tech / best of the best that ends up being buggy and shuts down their tech support

4. Selling service is their business, not selling phones - they know that they are going to get a nice little bump of new customers with their exclusive. Last thing they want is to do is have those new customers renew their contracts with another provider .

5. They want your money before you spend it on holiday gifts.

6. They want your money before you spend it on other holiday gifts....

7. IMO the hold up has to do with the LTE Don't you think they would have been showing off the LTE version of the GN at the launch if it was working?

8. Look at the return extensions policy they just started. It's BEGGING you to sign up and play with another phone until they can get the one you want out on the streets. There is no way they would have done that if they expected you to hang on to your rental razr.

It's all about selling service -

Hardware comes and goes, but you get 1,000,000 new customers at $100 a month for two years. That's a bunch of scratch
    Gandalf7, jmar, Khatmandu and 5 others like this.
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Welcome!!!
    jmar, sgrinavi and EarlyMon like this.
  14. RCB

RCB Active Member

I know dont post much, but I have befriended VW phone sales guy who is going for training on the GN today and will giving me a call back later tonight. I hope he will give me some info that would be good.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Guys, I'm really thinking about just going ahead and renting the HTC device for a while.

The only thing that is stopping me is what if the SGN is web only for a while?

By the time I go to the store and return the phone, get my upgrade status adjusted back, and get on a computer, they might be sold out.
  16. woodraskam

17. Highwayman

What's the deal Early? :p
  18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums, sgrinavi! :)
    sgrinavi likes this.
  19. mfecik

mfecik Well-Known Member

I am going to keep hoping for the web-only sale on the 21st. If it happens, great, I will order it and have it shipped overnight for sure, if not, oh well, its only a week then until it will be out on the 28th! With turkey day and all, it will go by pretty fast!
  20. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Welcome to the forums, sgrinavi! Nice to see all the new faces... er, names :)

Thanks for joining the Great Wait with us!
    EarlyMon and sgrinavi like this.
  21. surfbm

surfbm Active Member

i would ask your sis before you rent the rezound han - could be a waste of time to try the htc phone
  22. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member

Crap, I did not think about that
  23. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I would hate to see the phone be available on 11/28 or 12/1 and you get screwed out of getting it. I know you're limping along on your old OG droid, but if you can squeeze another few weeks out of it, all will be well. :D Stay strong, warrior Han!
  24. Highwayman

Welcome to the show! :)
    EarlyMon and sgrinavi like this.
  25. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

If there were so many issues with software then why did google release source already?
    Interestingman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.