Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

Bad Joke!!! :D

But who am I to talk after mine! :D:D
  2. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about that unless they'll be out of stock til late December. I want to take a look at it in person first anyway, if feasible. And the last time I returned a phone to a corporate store, my upgrade status was restored right on the spot. Didn't have to wait 3 days or anything.
  3. snowquest

snowquest Well-Known Member

Now this is a ride!
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Hi! I love when funnies draw out lurkers out. Welcome to the ride.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Stretlow

Stretlow Well-Known Member

Not everyone is in the U.S though, thats my point... just a bit of help for the UK Bods ;)

$1000 is about
  6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Hey ladies and gentlemen, I sent an email earlier to the Vice President of National Customer service, got an email back asking for my cell number, just got a call back. Here are the main points:

1. He says that he is not aware of a specific launch date, and that even in his department they don't know until a day or two ahead of time, but that they would definitely want to start selling it before Black Friday.

2. I told him that I was disappointed in the lack of info and that I was either considering going to AT&T or "renting" an HTC device (yeah, I said it.) He replied that he would appreciate it if I didn't do that, and that he would be more than happy to send me another phone that I could return once the SGN came out "which wouldn't be very long at all, maybe a week or two at the most".

3. He reset my return/exchange grace period and I can now take advantage of the extended holiday return period in case I don't like the Nexus (ha!)

4. He applied another $50 loyalty discount to my account.

5. I'm getting a "like new" DINC2 tomorrow via FedEx to hold me over.

Guys, I know that I will sound like a total windsock, but Verizon really impressed me today.

My hope is renewed, my hope is renewed!!!

[​IMG]
  7. BabyBlues

Early and Steven are friends. They were joking a couple (hundred/thousand?) posts ago about Steven58 being the best so far but that Steven59 was in the works.....today brought out Steven59
    EarlyMon and Highwayman like this.
  8. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

9. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

Say it with me.. Cyber Monday.. online sales.
  10. BabyBlues

Naughty Hans - thought you knew better by now. Lol. Guys is much preferred cause that is more generic - but fellas???!!!!

I kid I kid - still luv you.
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Mittar! :)

AntimonyER - Welcome back! Ummm... the tag line below my user name should explain everything. ;)
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Oh, also I asked him if it was true that it would be "web only" initially, and he said that he highly doubted that. He said that "web only" was for very basic phones and the SGN was going to be a very major release.

He said it was possible that it would be "web only" for the first day and then in stores the following day, but that he really, really doubted it.
    nexus15, Gandalf7, ruestor and 20 others like this.
  13. Stretlow

Stretlow Well-Known Member

No problems mate, I have found it interesting reading about the issues you face over there with the carriers, seems to be a lot easier to shop about over here.
    Highwayman likes this.
  14. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

They really do have unmatched customer service, they just suck at keeping us in the loop about when phones are actually going to come out.
    durangojim and drbugsmn like this.
  15. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Looks like end of this roller-coaster ride is getting close.
  16. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

han, what is the email address you wrote to?

i wouldn't mind writing him just to get a $50 discount on my account for the SGN
    Sushibagel and Interestingman like this.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Sorry. :eek:

Fixed!
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  18. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

YAY! Does that mean you'll be sticking around with us for the duration? I've said it before, people can gripe about Verizon all they want, but in my experience, if you approach them in a reasonable manner, with a valid complaint, and make a reasonable request for a solution, they will, 99.9% of the time, do their level best to do right by their customers. Don't get me wrong, I've had bad customer service from Verizon before, but customer service isn't just about never doing anything wrong...it's also about how you handle yourself after you've screwed up.
    jmar likes this.
  19. jt02gt

jt02gt Well-Known Member

Stopped by BestBuy today to see if they had a laptop case that would fit my new Asus G73SW but nothing was big enough. New laptop is a beast in so many ways...all of them great! On my way out stopped at the cellular area and looked at the "dummy" phone for the Rezound and I personally thought it felt clunky, definitely not for me. Much bigger than the Inc2 as I held them up side by side. They didn't have a Razr but that's quite okay I wasn't really considering it. I don't think I could even use the rental peiod on either of these two phones as I feel my DX can tide me over until Verizon decides to remove their skull from their behind and releases the Nexus.

just my .02
  20. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

I hope he knows a good Lawyer,Or he can send me an I.M.
  21. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like a bad, evil, immoral company with a total a-hole talking to you:cool:
  22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Oh, and another thing:

(I'm so excited still that I forgot some details)

He said that the phone was still in testing (which corroborates Steven's source), and that he had read somewhere that it was going to release on the 21st.

His words were something like "I did look for some information regarding your email request before calling you, and I saw the 21st as a date. I can't guarantee that because a lot depends on what the testing reveals, but I did see that date."
    nexus15, Gandalf7, ruestor and 34 others like this.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yes. We Stevens love every Cyber Day!

One of us still likes Cyber Thursday, but - oh well.
  24. BabyBlues

LoL. I was kidding! :D:D

I will use any excuse to pick on those that can take it.
  25. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Was keeping up with the thread blowing up and all and then I realized..........

I have another class in 5 minutes!

.................... *runs out the door
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.