***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

It was probably one of the newbie Guides, playing with his gun and accidentally got a shot off. :p

Stigy, CaptainRon, ajdroidx and 3 others like this.
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

LMAO uh-oh, one of the new Guides is gonna be in trouble.
  3. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

I made a report to the mods. Hopefully we'll get this moved back where it belongs soon.
  4. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

Problem I have with Spotify is your paying for music that you don't own. Lets say you have it for a year and then it goes belly up... your out $120 and have nothing to show for it.
    IgnatiusXIX and MoPhoMan like this.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

<---------------- it was NOT the Chief! :cool:
  6. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Maybe this is greenie is question?
  7. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

It's a service. You got a years worth of streaming music on the go :)
  8. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

atrayn22 likes this.
  9. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

personally, the integrated ICS/google experience is what i'm holdin out for. some may like sense, but i use the gapps constantly even more now with G+. all the videos really seem to highlight this. there's no way i would settle for a GB phone with ICS around the corner. there's no telling how much ICS is gunna get sensed- blurred- or whizzed over.

only thing that may appeal to others, is waiting for custom ROMS. IMO it's great to play with, but the bugs drive me crazy.

i'll take stock ICS anyday.
    Puchkey and bdub like this.
  10. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Steven59 is having some early release bugs.
    WalmartSecurity likes this.
  11. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Lol you were actually my first guess until I saw Wolfedude88's post...
  12. chanop

chanop Well-Known Member

You've had a preorder through 3rd party retailer since the 27th?
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Interesting! Is someone going to call and ask when the Nexus is releasing? I'd do it but there are too many people around me.
  14. bdub

bdub Active Member

That is certainly a good point, but it just...works...soooo good(yes i have premium for mobile use).
    WalmartSecurity likes this.
  15. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically he went into a non-corporate VZW reseller and they agreed to "pre-order" the SGN for him. Basically they took his money and will give him an SGN when they get one. Not the same thing as a corporate VZW store or VZW online pre-order.

It doesn't even have a model number on the receipt.
    chanop likes this.
  16. RhymeSayers

RhymeSayers Member

I would be pretty happy with a release date of the 28th...that's my birthday and the GN would be one hell of a present!
  17. yorcadon

yorcadon Well-Known Member

So now they're offering the same service as a dozen other companies? I do like the Google Music though. It's why I'm not concerned about no SD slot on the Nexus. Google Music has been around a while though, it was invite only but I signed up when it first started Beta and got an invite in less than 24 hours. As far as the free song, the Music Beta has been offering a free song a day for a while (and it looks like it's a different free song than the Music Store one)..

I wonder how long before Music shows up in the Android Market App.

P.S. I want my new phone. I at least want to know when I'll be able to get it :(
  18. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

.......into his own foot.
  19. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

Plus (+), Spotify is so Facebook
  20. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I think a few people from the other forum tried but couldn't get through. Someone went as far as to call a nearby business, play dumb on directions then say "oh, are you near that verizon store?" and the other business confirmed that.

So far, the receipt looks legit, but I'm not a great photoshop detector :)
  21. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

They said it would be rolling out over the next few days.

Back on topic: Just in time for the GNex release!

EDIT: Available on the web version now, next few days on android
  22. bdub

bdub Active Member

Well what the hell, for some reason I can keep up with this thread right now... WHATS GOING ON?!
  23. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Sorry guys, I think one of the new guides moved this thread into the root section by mistake, so it was gone for a few minutes... We got it covered. We're back.

Frankly I thought the staff was playing a practical joke on me. :p
    BabyBlues and MoPhoMan like this.
  24. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

yea. my receipt looks identical to that. they took my order and said that i would receive a phone call and email notifying me when the nexus was available. and that the receipt was my proof of getting one on day one when its available.
    chanop likes this.
  25. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

Google music also plays nice with Linux. Spotify? Not so much. Rdio works just as fine as Spotify. But like its been said above. I like owning my media. Thats why I have terabytes and terabytes of storage.... and boxes and boxes--rooms of boxes of music. What? I used to run a store. No, Im not that guy from the episode of hoarders who ran a music store and bought a warehouse to store his music.... but I may be one day. Ah, one day.
    drbugsmn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.