• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm wondering as well. I think she is assuming Monday, and that what was actually said is "week of the 21st".

I just hope it's definite.

I just want to say thank you Hans for keeping us in the loop.

A lesser man would keep this to himself. Or a total tool (ahem P3) would say something like "Hai guyz I gotz release date but I no sharing!!!11". But not you.

And a big thanks to your sister for spilling the beans and allowing you to post it.

Honestly, the 17th to the 21st isn't much more of a wait. I was starting to get a little down because I actually just sold my Vibrant over at XDA, and am now stuck with using a G1 for the time being...so when I was hearing 'not till December' I was like oh man. But this is excellentsauce.

If you were a woman I'd kiss you

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
I just want to say thank you Hans for keeping us in the loop.

A lesser man would keep this to himself. Or a total tool (ahem P3) would say something like "Hai guyz I gotz release date but I no sharing!!!11". But not you.

And a big thanks to your sister for spilling the beans and allowing you to post it.

Honestly, the 17th to the 21st isn't much more of a wait. I was starting to get a little down because I actually just sold my Vibrant over at XDA, and am now stuck with using a G1 for the time being...so when I was hearing 'not till December' I was like oh man. But this is excellentsauce.

If you were a woman I'd kiss you

Totally agree now that it's soaked in. Monday is perfect for me - a new phone will be a nice reward for studying all weekends/moving! Perfect timing I would say XD

Upvote 0
This is amazing news -- guess the source's info lined up as well as did all the leaks.

I am hoping for a press release sometime tomorrow or Friday and then an in-store release on the 21st so I can have this phone in my hands and do absolutely nothing at work on Monday or Tuesday!

Thanks again for the awesome news Hans and to all the sources and tipsters lurking in the thread!

Upvote 0
Han,

Didn't you tell your sister you wanted it by the end of November? And didnt she say you wouldn't be happy? Has something changed since then?

Yes, but in phone conversations I was telling her I was really banking on 11/17 or 11/18. I think that when she said I wouldn't be "thrilled", she meant that I wouldn't like waiting another weekend (I'm really impatient; she knows me well).

That would also match up with her "OMG! You're an idiot!" remark when I told her of how I finagled a Dinc2 out of the Verizon VP to hold me over until the SGN drops. :p

Reactions: tsargent347
Upvote 0
Lol. I wish I had a job. Being unemployed sucks. I am on this forum all-day. :/

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

OK!!!! THIS IS IT!!!! Boy, do I have news!!!

Stay tuned... gonna write it up. Good news! (Yeah, baby...start doin' the jig!!!!!!!!)

Your humble servant,
Steven
;):p

Come on come on!

Hey, long time lurker but I never post. Anyways, I went to BJ's and started talking verizon guy there. Tells me he just received a bunch of accessories for gnex and has them locked up in the back. He checked system if phone is listed and not yet but accessories have arrived at retail locals. Woohooo

Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

HanSolo i love you,you made my week.

I second this. Between Han and Steven I can't keep em straight today :p;)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
OK!!!! THIS IS IT!!!! Boy, do I have news!!!

Stay tuned... gonna write it up. Good news! (Yeah, baby...start doin' the jig!!!!!!!!)

Your humble servant,
Steven

I'm as giddy as a school girl!

I just hope it doesn't make me look stupid.

Although if my info is wrong and we're actually getting it tomorrow or Friday, I'll be very happy to be wrong!!!! :)

Upvote 0
I spent a whole week on slickdeals when the $150 touchpad deal was going on. I promised myself never to let a forum consume that much of my life again. Clearly, I have relapsed! Gosh, how can something so wrong seem to feel so right. Goodnight (i.e. I am logging off of my desktop only to lurk on my phone in bed).

A change is going to come....

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Yes, but in phone conversations I was telling her I was really banking on 11/17 or 11/18. I think that when she said I wouldn't be "thrilled", she meant that I wouldn't like waiting another weekend (I'm really impatient; she knows me well).

That would also match up with her "OMG! You're an idiot!" remark when I told her of how I finagled a Dinc2 out of the Verizon VP to hold me over until the SGN drops. :p

Other than precedents, which have been broken lately, are there any laws of the universe that would prevent it from launching on Tuesday 11/22 or Wednesday 11/23?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones