• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
11499385.jpg

Upvote 0
I stopped by a local Verizon store this afternoon, mainly to check on contract issues in advance of the SGN release. Several staff were clustered in the doorway but, to my surprise, made no effort to engage me. I was not bothered, but expecting a major sales push, I was surprised. I also expected big signs pointing out the new phones. Wrong. After a bit of looking, I finally spotted a small 4G sign and then a Razr.

I immediately noticed the warm (but not hot) screen

Upvote 0
Ive given up on peoples leaks, no offence to han, steven anyone else, its just that we always hear from these sources and theyre almost always positive that its coming this day yada yada yada but we keep hitting those days.

Ill still be in this thread, still hoping those days are true, i just cant keep believing the sources until its announced by verizon

That's alright we all know this as well, but what fun is that right! We are all going through a sort of healing process and the manic ups and depressive downs along with a glimmer of hope is all part of it.

Reactions: snowmancomic
Upvote 0
Ive given up on peoples leaks, no offence to han, steven anyone else, its just that we always hear from these sources and theyre almost always positive that its coming this day yada yada yada but we keep hitting those days.

Ill still be in this thread, still hoping those days are true, i just cant keep believing the sources until its announced by verizon

As excited as I am, I agree. Not that the sources lie, because I'm sure they don't (I know my sister wouldn't do that), but these dates change at the drop of a hat, it seems. I think the dates are probably right, but only at the time.

Upvote 0
This was my first PM....

The Source said:
Hi Steven,

Just wanted to let you know that I had a phone conversation this evening with someone in the loop who told me it looks like next week is a go, before Black Friday. It's subject to change, but it is looking good.

There were a couple of bugs that cropped up in recent testing. That wouldn't have postponed a release because they are easy fixes over the air. It seems that just before Black Friday was the game plan for a good while now. The phone will continue to be tested right up to release date. If nothing major crops up between now and then, you'll have it some time next week.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXXX

Then I immediately got this next one:

The Source said:
P.S.

I'm really sorry about these wildly changing dates. I'm passing on to you whatever I hear. I know a lot of it is conflicting info, but that's the atmosphere here as well. Everything changes and it's frustrating to those of us who want the phone too!

Sincerely,
XXXXX

Dear Source,

I just have to tell you how grateful I am to know you and to call you my friend. Furthermore, I'm grateful that you care about us. I hear it in the tone of your voice. As I told you, I've dedicated this thread to you, because your inside information has been a chief driving force in it. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say heartfelt thanks. You told me how much you were looking forward to this awhile back, as much or more than we are, your having had this phone in your hands during the summer.

That enthusiasm really rubbed off on us. Thanks for everything, whowever you are. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones