• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been posted, but I believe the google.com/nexus page has been updated. It has the specs for the UK and US versions. You can select United Kingdom or United States in the lower right corner. (I can't post a link as I don't have enough posts)

Just went there and changed to UK for fun and saw a big button that said "BUY NOW" I nearly freaked until I realized the options were for UK carriers... derrr :(

Upvote 0
I mentioned this awhile back but does anyone know if this will come loaded with google wallet. i linked a page in a here a few weeks ago that said there is a competing company making an app like google wallet. I would assume this being a pure google phone it would come with google wallet but I just haven't read it anywhere and I don't see it on the nexus website.

This video (obviously a Verizon device), doesn't have Google Wallet on it.

Galaxy Nexus: Make Yourself at Home - YouTube

Reactions: Laxstar785
Upvote 0
One thing I was thinking about yesterday was NFC capabilities. I haven't read up a ton about it aside from an article here or there on Engadget, but I wonder how much longer it'll be until transit systems adopt them for use. In DC we use a SmarTrip card for turnstiles and buses. I'd love to just use my phone (and hopefully there'd be an app to auto load from a cc). Maybe I'll shoot WMATA an email to see if there's any plan in the next couple years.

Edit: Wow, just found this .pdf discussing it in DEPTH.
http://www.nfc-forum.org/resources/white_papers/NFC_in_Public_Transport.pdf

Upvote 0
Good luck in court. Go and do some prosecutin' :D

So I'm really happy that Google has officially confirmed the 1850mah battery.
Really happy. P3Droid was getting solid battery life, so we should expect slightly more solid battery life :)

Oh, also, I'm super glad Google confirmed both 16GB and 32GB for the US version!

As am I, but probably not the same reason as everyone else. I think 16GB is plenty fine for me. With Google Music in full swing, and cloud storage such a good option now, I would rather spend less on the smaller storage capacity. (I'm assuming it will be a $199 or $249 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB). After JUST buying a new car, I'd settle for a little less storage, and a little more cash! :p

Upvote 0
Good morning GNexers!

I'm thrilled about the news that Steven and Han got- that's enough to get me to hold off from buying another phone to hold me over. I just pray pray pray that a release next week holds up!

Come on Verizon, give it to us!
DoWant.jpg

Reactions: MoPhoMan
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones