***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I have a Samsung Fascinate and I will say that when I lived in Atlanta the reception was pretty poor until there was an update for the phone. After that the reception improved by leaps and bounds. Now that I live in Colorado the reception is not as good. We have three Android phones in the house right now. My girlfriends OG Droid, our "home phone" Droid Eris and my Samsung Fascinate. In our house, none of them get great 3G coverage. Comparing bars the Eris and the OG Droid get one more bar than my Samsung Fascinate does. However, when looking at the signal they are all at -83 dBm and each phone gets roughly the same speed when doing a 3G speed test. This tells me that the signal is the same for all three phones and my Samsung just doesn't register bars the same way the other phones do. It also tells me that we just have horrible 3G coverage here. Thank God for Wifi. ;)

From the people I know and the phones I've messed with, the Droid Charge has really good reception and the 4G/3G appears to work really well. My parents both have the Samsung Captivate and it works really well for them just about everywhere, except my house. :rolleyes:

Overall I think you will be fine, but you still have the extended return period if you just find that the reception is really bad.

Advertisement
  2. Puchkey

Puchkey Well-Known Member

I go everywhere with my xoom so I can stay up to date. I'm eating lunch with it right now. We are a sick sick sick group of people. Lol:D
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Steven sticks his tongue out at England because they only have a 1750 battery. :p
    jmar likes this.
  4. nexustlc

nexustlc Member

I just went to the Verizon wireless webpage and it's temporarily unavailable :)
    jmar and Interestingman like this.
  5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yes because I can. ;)

Yup hear you man. I guess I dont mind that as much as VZW putting their grubby mitts on my Nexus.

Like others have said, I know rooting will remove the apps, and I can always buy a new back cover. Just a bit annoyed that VZW did this though.
  6. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

heh yeah, my sarcasm detector failed me, again. :eek:
  7. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

No Steve, thats wrong.;)
    If they get this phone before we do, they will :p at us.

HA HA We have a bigger battery.:rolleyes:
  8. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Works fine here...
    Trooper likes this.
  9. Bernard337

Bernard337 Member

Testman is down, but the verizonwireless.com is working for me
  10. surfbm

surfbm Active Member

yeah the testman site is down!!!

EDIT: Too Slow
  11. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

P3's scratch...
    This thread slowed down suddenly.

But yup, I can confirm that the testman site is down!
    But the Casio phone is coming out today, like dubbin said, it's probably that.
  12. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Yeah - I'll be checking from the app and I use my phone and/or ipad just about everywhere but it's still easy to fall behind. :D

(Unfortunately they are too busy playing with their phones to see that) :(
    MoPhoMan and Highwayman like this.
  13. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I would download the My VZN app anyway and the backup of contacts will probably get deleted. Stretch to call it bloatware especially after seeing my daughter's new Bionic and all the preloads on that. I did hear though that if you delete them the phone will spontaneously ignite rendering it useless so until Mythbusters can confirm this I may just leave it on.
  14. nexustlc

nexustlc Member

Must have been my computer :confused:
  15. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

does anyone know if handtec in UK is reputable
  16. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Ok, the samsung Illusion is supposed to come out today according to the original 21st w/o leak.

The phone id is 5726, for those of you watching verizon pages.
  17. TheGuardian

TheGuardian Well-Known Member

P3: My phone is defective
    Support: What is wrong with it?
    P3: Screen is already scratched on this POS
    Support: Did you drop the phone?
    P3: No, I just drove a key into the screen numerous times until I was satisfied
    Support: *Click* *Dial Tone*
  18. Puchkey

Puchkey Well-Known Member

I might shine as a newb here but what does this mean?
  19. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Just got a call back from someone at the Northern California executive staff, and it was pointless. She said any information is highly confidential. She even went as far as to say they couldn't give a date even if they had one because it is subject to change and THEN she says "you know, if it had to be recalled to the manufacturer or something". Hopefully she was just using that as an example of a worst case scenario and why they don't give out a date. :/
  20. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

If they're updating it, it might be down temporarily during the process.
    Puchkey likes this.
  21. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Its verizons "test" website.
    Puchkey likes this.
  22. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

:( Just tell them Bruce needs to be in today... explain who you are... I am sure they will recognize everything you have done for the Galaxy Nexus and do that for you....:D
  23. themanchild

themanchild Well-Known Member

I'm going to go insane with my Razr...I don't want to put it in my pocket because I think it will get all pocket scratched up and I won't be able to return it!!
  24. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Even your Droid X wants you to buy the GNex. Kind of like when your wife says if she dies she wants you to remarry, but only to a certain type of woman. ;)
    Highwayman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.