• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife works for a Verizon retailer and she received an updated launch road map e-mail today for all phones launching through the end of the year. Road map does not give a date for Galaxy Nexus just states that it has been pushed back to early/mid December. I hope the information is wrong but they've been spot on in the past.

Welcome to the madhouse. I had to do a double take at your SN as that is what I yell out when I get cut off from a Mass driver. :eek:

Upvote 0
Phases, I just want to warn you that if you throw wads of cash at the local VZW store someone might steal your money off the ground when it falls. I advise you of handing the wad of cash to the VZW employee and tell them it is to buy the Galaxy Nexus.

On a side note it could be fun to pay for the phone in one dollar bills and make it rain :D

I Think im going to go change in 300$ and get rolled pennies and buy my phone with those.....just to piss of verizon in anyway that i can, they seem to do that to me quite regularly

Upvote 0
My wife works for a Verizon retailer and she received an updated launch road map e-mail today for all phones launching through the end of the year. Road map does not give a date for Galaxy Nexus just states that it has been pushed back to early/mid December. I hope the information is wrong but they've been spot on in the past.

First, welcome to the forums! :)

Second, does your wife work at a corporate Verizon store or an "authorized retailer"? There were rumors of a soft launch and supply problems and a web only launch, so the early December release would make sense if she worked at a 3rd party retailer.

Reactions: Highwayman
Upvote 0
Would it be at all possible to get a picture of the email?

Pretty please?

I wish I even knew how to do that and/or redact the information contained in the e-mail so as to not get my wife in trouble. E-mail does say that all dates are subject to change so hopefully it will be launched next week. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone.

Reactions: woodraskam
Upvote 0
I need a plastic belt clip for when I go to the gym....
As I posted last night, a rep at a Verizon Wireless store yesterday showed me a Galaxy Nexus case with a plastic belt clip. OK, I saw the photo on the box—I did not ask him to open the box (he had to get special manager permission just to show me that). The case apparently has a kickstand, too.

Upvote 0

Retailers are not Corporate Stores and are not online retailers. MAYBE the release at first will be held for Corporate Stores and online only, then releasing to authorized retailers later.

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
I wish I even knew how to do that and/or redact the information contained in the e-mail so as to not get my wife in trouble. E-mail does say that all dates are subject to change so hopefully it will be launched next week. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone.

What about more specifics, such as other phone launch dates after today's date?

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who shakes my head when we are talking less than a mm on these measurments? Inches, ok I can see. Centimeters, maybe. But millimeters? Lol.

(I'm talking more about the differences in phone comparisons)

Disclaimer huh? ;)

No you are not the only one.... however I have seen it make a difference on a mobile phone... :)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

cameras on phones work wonders nowadays i'm told :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
A friend of mine has a friend who's in VZW management. He txt'd back that the release is Black Friday. My friend is going to ask how firm a date this is...standby.

So my friend's VZW buddy responded about the Black Friday release and said he's fairly confident of this date and that it was what everyone was saying. I asked if he thought it was the week of Black Friday or Black Friday itself and he said Black Friday. FWIW...

Upvote 0
Back from lunch to four new pages, great work - keep it up.

Testman site is up and running with no changes except for some $20 promotion on new lines although the image looks like something made 7-8 years ago with flip phones with 1.3MP camers built into them.

Got a call back from Verizon executives today who told me the information was confidential and any delay was caused by software issues. She wouldn't apply a discount to my account though, but figured it was worth a shot.

Upvote 0
First, welcome to the forums! :)

Second, does your wife work at a corporate Verizon store or an "authorized retailer"? There were rumors of a soft launch and supply problems and a web only launch, so the early December release would make sense if she worked at a 3rd party retailer.

She works for an authorized deal not a corporate store.

Upvote 0

You may have just single-handedly killed every person in this thread.

More like MassMurder

Reactions: salizai01
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones