***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

Phil just said on the AC Podcast that his source said Monday but then changed their mind and said the date was undecided again... Monday is definitely looking likely from our sources so idk what to think.

Advertisement
    Trooper likes this.
  2. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

Question: Drive 25 miles to corporate store to pick up the phone, or drive 2 miles to a verizon store (authorized retailer I guess) to pick it up?
  3. stgmngr210

stgmngr210 Well-Known Member

Heck Yeah they will. They better catch us BEFORE Black Friday when we spend all of our $$$
  4. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Just my guess is that authorized retailers won't have it launch day.
    magpullin likes this.
  5. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Self employed. But my boss can be a jerk.

:)
    Stigy, ASC, drbugsmn and 5 others like this.
  6. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

Well, I'm pretty much fried. Waiting for the Bionic and then the SGII and now the GN has made me show my bad side at times yet I have not really been flamed for it as perhaps I deserved.

That shows what a fine group of Mods, Peeps and Lurkers are here.

When some of us have read as many threads as I have and experienced all the good, bad & ugly, stupid, repeated posts and the great stuff, all combined with the wanting and waiting, one can get a tad off, eh?

Mercy, Its just a phone!

I salute you all.
    drbugsmn, Gandalf7 and TheRoosevelt like this.
  7. red46123

red46123 Well-Known Member

Ok, I have been lurking for a week and half now. Haven't posted for over a year and half since the Dinc. Just wanted to contribute to the posting. It's been real hard to hold off on the Rezound. Glad I did after a few reviews of the Gnex.
    bammbamm likes this.
  8. GlockGuy80

GlockGuy80 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Monday release because I have Tuesday and wednesday off to play with this thing.
  9. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

25 mile roadtrip it is. :D
  10. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

It will be, until it dies :D
    ~Reason~ likes this.
  11. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

This thread is slowing down. I am disappointed.
  12. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

It tends to happen. Then sometimes a burst around 10 or 11
  13. dyerk18

dyerk18 Active Member

Is the rumor utter dry?
  14. rjmcd

rjmcd New Member

Been lurking for a while following this thread, what a roller coaster it has been. Now to get two pieces of good news for Monday, first I'll pick up my Gnex, then the iPad2 I just won from a local pizzeria. All in all, it should be a great day!:D
  15. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

I find myself unable to keep up.

Worse, Steven kept me up too late last night with his teaser, and tonight I am feeling like I need to make it to midnight to see if the internets have a surprise for me.
    Puchkey likes this.
  16. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

FWIW - local store just said for sure not Monday or next week. Pushed to the end of the month. Hopefully he's an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about.
  17. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

My question is when I asked said CSR dude to see if I was eligible for a discount. He said why yes you are. We will only charge you $20 extra to upgrade at the discounted price. I said okay, walked out and mumbled some medium curse words. I got home and checked online and it shows the rezound and razr for 249.99 for me. I wanted to go back to the store and pop the dudes face inside out, but I have restrained. So that begs the question... Do I have to order online to get the $50 discount? Can I not get this in the store? I need answers and I know I have the right group to answer.... a little help please...
  18. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking "Ghost Armor" for the screen? Anybody think any other protection is necessary?

I have an Otterbox on my Blackberry Tour and it has saved me from many a fall, skid and tumble....but I'm hoping to be more cautious with this and actually get to enjoy the "thin" aspect of the phone. It will be nice to have a phone that fits nicely into my pocket again (former Razr owner...the original)
  19. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

I will leave work in time to be there when they open! :D
  20. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there's already a heavy duty battery for this puppy? They usually sell them with the thicker back. Thoughts?

BTW, my VZW sales guy also said 'next week' for the Nexus.
    scottg96 likes this.
  21. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

Brilliant!!!! :rolleyes:
  22. ~Reason~

~Reason~ Member

This might be a stupid question, but how do you know a verizon store is a corporate store?
  23. avodub

avodub Member

Does anyone know for sure if the nexus has an oleophobic coating? I hate grease on my DI, it's so annoying.
    drbugsmn likes this.
  24. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

Same here. My office has Websense and it blocks this site because of the word "forum". Every time I hit F5 to update I get the popup - "This site is not authorized per company policy BLAH..BLAH...BLAH". I hope our IT guy doesn't rat me out to the bosses. Oh well! I know he plays MW3 on his work laptop next to his PC all day, so I think I'm covered.
  25. BonJoviGirl

BonJoviGirl Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, I went to a store that looked very corporate, stand alone Verizon wireless store. I wanted the Droid X been searching for it while I was traveling. I live in NY and was in FL. I even made a comment about finding a corporate store so when I got home if I needed to return I wouldn't have a problem. They never said they weren't a corporate store, needless to said I had a problem, corporate store wouldn't exchange had to ship it back to FL. I will make sure to double check.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.