***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Good night !!

me and my coffee and electronics are all waiting too.
  2. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

Considering it's an independent store it's probably going to be the 21st, based on all of our previous sources from legit managers and knowledgeable reps. But who knows...
  3. Starbuckpga

Starbuckpga Well-Known Member

Ahhh wait a minute. Am I seeing this right? The Nexus will sport a 5 megapixel camera? WTF? Almost everything on the market now has at least an 8 megapixel. Why so low? If anything I would have at least put in an 8 meg if not more to beef up the phone. Man this is a little disappointing.
  4. scottg96

You will earn all of my respect in the world if you do that. :D
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Same here. I walked right in and bought mine at Best Buy. Although they did only have 4. That was an odd release though, hopefully they have Nexi aplenty but I do kind of worry about it to be honest.
  6. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

Yup a couple hours ago, bought a new release album $9.49 which I noticed was .50 cheaper than itunes
  7. mattsh33

mattsh33 Member

For about the past hour I've been trying to think of excuses to tell my boss why I need to leave at 9:45 in the morning for an hour.

Here's to hoping my commander will let me take an extremely early lunch!
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

So I think I have a problem . Don't judge.

[​IMG]
    shawn218, sweatyBeef, webz and 3 others like this.
  9. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

tell him so text msg you a photo of it for proof, as far as i know no other confirmed cases of demo units
  10. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

You need to realize how little the mp effect the quality of a picture ;)
    iowabowtech likes this.
  11. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

783,939 views of this thread right now. Will we get to a million?
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Active Member

oops, my bad.. wrong info. ignore :)
  13. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

Dude, chill. Megapixels mean nothing, unless you blow your pictures up to ridiculous sizes. The camera on the Nexus has been touted as just as good as the iPhone 4S's.
    NCTurner likes this.
  14. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Already discussed a ton. It has zero shutter lag, so that was part of it. And.why do you need 8MP on a phone? 5 is plenty to print even 8x10, and the sensor quality is as important as raw MP.
  15. crt134

crt134 Well-Known Member

I go to class for a few hours and I'm a million pages behind.

*Cody goes back to reading the posts he missed and by the time he sees this post another 4 pages will have been posted already
  16. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

jbdan likes this.
  17. edgeupgx

edgeupgx Well-Known Member

Hopefully this thing comes out the wait is driving me and my wife wild she said I need an intervention!!!!,
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Wait to try it before you judge. From the looks of it it is a nice camera (for a phone) and it's very fast (more imortant to me). Also the whole megapixel debacle is just that. Mr Rockwell might be annoying, but I like his reads check it out here
  19. smalls0224

smalls0224 Member

Megapixels have very little to do with actual camera quality. The Gnex's actual camera is, from what I've read, apparently very very good and works well in low light areas which is harder to do with higher megapixel cameras.

Edit: Ninja'd by jbdan, with an article to boot..;)
  20. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Doubtful but they might be able to pull some strings. I got them to do it for my OG if I remember correctly. Personally I just like the longer return period and their buy back program. Yes you do buy into it.but its based on their full retail (which is about $30 + higher) so you wind up getting more. My Gnex will be free by selling.back my charge and transferring an upgrade!
  21. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

Where on the testman site are you saying that the razr and rezound are added?
  22. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

EarlyMon, I'll let you handle this one ;)

(long story short, megapixels have very little effect on the picture itself, only how big you can print the picture. It's a quite a bit more complicated than that really, but that's the general gist. Early can give you more deets if you want 'em, I'm sure :))

What actually matters is the sensor. And the Galaxy Nexus has a very advanced sensor.
  23. scottg96

*sigh*
    Not this again.
    Well I'll be nice and give you the explanation:
    Megapixels are only an indication of the physical size of a picture. an 8 MP picture printed out at a certain pixel density will be physically larger than a 5 MP picture printed out at the same pixel density. On a 720p, 4.65" screen it really shouldn't make a difference.
    And in fact, lower MP sensors have better low light sensitivity, shorter shutter speed, etc.
    So the 5 MP camera is actually a good thing.

EDIT: TOTALLY ninja'd by my good friend TheRoosevelt ;)
  24. sdijoseph

sdijoseph Member

25. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

Oooohh nooooo. Not the megapixels question again. 8 < 5 (not when it comes to image quality anyway)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.