• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, im not sure why people keep questioning the 16/32gb thing. the only version that sources have claimed is coming to vzw is the 32gb, all the way back to the this is my next podcast several weeks ago who said it would be the 32gb version. PEOPLE, ITS GOING TO BE THE 32GB VERSION, even the google.com/nexus page says so

I've read everywhere that there'd be 16GB & 32GB versions. The site you referenced says "Storage 16GB/32GB" so I don't know why that's any further proof of anything. Where are these sources claiming that we'll get 32GB?
By all means, I hope you are correct, but I don't doubt anyone still questioning it.

Upvote 0
So I was just watching the "Galaxy Nexus: Getting Started" Videos on YouTube for the billionth time and noticed something interesting about the back of the phone when the battery cover is off... the SIM card seems to be in a different place than the internation version (international is to the right of the camera, whereas the Verizon 4G SIM card is underneath and slightly to the left of it). What do you guys think of this?
Links: Galaxy Nexus: Getting Started (US) - YouTube and Galaxy Nexus: Getting Started (International) - YouTube

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
another...

I wouldn't post this if it was just a 'my parents dog groomer said' thing. I used to work for Verizon Wireless about 3 years ago and many of the people I used to work with still do. One of them moved to an indirect chain around here, but still has many contacts within corporate Verizon. According to him, they are looking to push this out on November 21st. Apparently the decision isn't hanging on some "bug", but whether the release of the Galaxy Nexus is going to greatly reduce the sales of the Razr/Rezound (which many of us have speculated for a long time).

According to him, they do have the stock available. Is it at the stores yet? No. It really is just a matter of if the Nexus is going to be counter-productive against all the marketing they've put forth with the Razr and Rezound. He was told that they've never been sold on releasing it earlier than next week and that this has been their game plan for some time.

Again, while I trust my source, this still isn't confirmed. It does fall in line with what we've been hearing lately, but when I asked what the odds were, I got a "80%" answer. Do with it what you want.

Upvote 0
I've read everywhere that there'd be 16GB & 32GB versions. The site you referenced says "Storage 16GB/32GB" so I don't know why that's any further proof of anything. Where are these sources claiming that we'll get 32GB?
By all means, I hope you are correct, but I don't doubt anyone still questioning it.

Samsung is a global company. The 16gb is currently being sold in the UK. There are no plans for a Verizon 16gb, there is only the 32gb 299$.

Upvote 0
OKKaaaaay...

Deleted people's phone numbers.. Seriously, don't do that folks. Also deleted a terrible definition from the Urban Dictionary. ... Don't do that either..

No warnings.. no infractions.. no bans.. Just a public service announcement.

NOW STOP IT!! :p Carry on.

Upvote 0
I think the 32GB comes from this comparison chart:
vzwcomparison1.jpg

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Finally home guys, man it feels good to be back at my own PC. Posting mobile just don't get it done. So I got everything lined up in case this midnight thing goes down:

Chicken in a biskits...check
Sam Adams Boston Lager...check
Mastercard/Discover/Visa...check
Verizon website open...check
Droid Incredible on it's last leg...check

Should be good?

Upvote 0
Finally home guys, man it feels good to be back at my own PC. Posting mobile just don't get it done. So I got everything lined up in case this midnight thing goes down:

Should be good?

... check. :p

Upvote 0

Should be good?

Sounds great to me now I'm hungry :cool:

Upvote 0
OKKaaaaay...

Deleted people's phone numbers.. Seriously, don't do that folks. Also deleted a terrible definition from the Urban Dictionary. ... Don't do that either..

No warnings.. no infractions.. no bans.. Just a public service announcement.

NOW STOP IT!! :p Carry on.

Yes father....at least I hid the definition well and warned everyone....can I get a tiny bit of credit for that?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just curious, why Central time? Verizon HQ is located on the East Coast, while Google is located on the West coast. No one involved in the launch is in central time.

If we see anything tonight (which is seriously unlikely), we'll see it at midnight PST.
Anyone wanna stay up 3 more hours? ;)

Haha I'm in the EST zone and I'm always up until 4-5am. I'll be F5-ing here and Verizon Wireless page all night...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones