***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

h8rsbh8n, welcome to the madness! :)

Like you, my OG Droid is WAY overdue for a dignified retirement, and the days to release can't pass by quickly enough. Enjoy passing those days right alongside us!

2. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

I am loving the debate on the SoC's. Great points being made by both sides. My heart wants to believe it is either the 4210 or 4212. The hell with what my head says!!!! Exynos all the way baby!!!! Keep the debate coming...

And if it does come with the 4212 with the imagination gpu, I won't need a new phone for 2-3 years.... That is why I want my heart to win!!!!
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

I have no dog in this fight. I'll take it either way :)
  4. Mannequins

Mannequins Well-Known Member

5. tbrindisi

tbrindisi Well-Known Member

well... son of a ***.... I could have sworn I read that the SGSII HD LTE would have an exynos 1.5ghz and is shipping this month but now all I'm finding are articles stating 1.5Ghz and no mention of what the actuall chipset is. Maybe I was automatically placing the 1.5ghz spec with it being an exynos..... my apologies guys!!

I think whatever the SGSII HD LTE has in it is what the prime will have. Maybe its something we haven't heard of yet??
  6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

<Counter person> SECURITY needed in aisle 1.

7. h8rsbh8n

h8rsbh8n Member

I've been lurking here since the thread started. Figured i'd finally join in.

Speaking of OG droid sucking, it just went ahead and reset itself!
  8. cereal killer

We are telling you wrong because of articles like this:

Samsung used its self-run Mobile Solutions Forum to show a slew of new chip and memory technology. The headliner was its Exynos 4212. The dual-core chip is primarily a clock speed boost and jumps from 1.2GHz to 1.5GHz, helped in part by a new 32 nanometer process. While already seen in the Galaxy S II LTE, it's now known to have a new graphics core with 50 percent faster 3D rendering than the earlier chip.

The chip is in test sampling for third party companies in the fall, although Samsung is shipping the Galaxy S II LTE in Canada and South Korea as well as the HD LTE. Future phones like the Nexus Prime and future tablets should also get the processor.
  9. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

i'll say this, i certainly wish we could get the PowerVR SGX543MP2, it's a heck of a gpu.
  10. kastleberg

kastleberg Well-Known Member

I don't know what to believe anymore! Just be Tuesday already.
  11. tr59210

tr59210 New Member

As per the egadget article:

"Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster."

Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs leak, headed to Verizon as an exclusive? (updated) -- Engadget
  12. cereal killer

No you were right. I had to dig it up for you :)

see my post above

Again lets not rule it out
  13. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

you show me a SoC that sampled and shipped in the same quarter, and i will drop this argument :p
  14. cereal killer

SoC:Exynos 4212

Shipped in: Samsung Galaxy S II LTE and HD LTE

:p :) hahahahahahha
  15. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Sampling to third parties is VERY different than putting it in there devices. Why would they not want to get a head start and put it in their own devices earlier? Is that really that unbelievable? It also says right in the article that they are shipping sgs 2 lte hd devices with it at the same time they are sampling to third party vendors. Sorry if this is coming off kind of rude. Typing on my phone so I don't really concentrate on how my attitude comes off lol this chip talk is taking over the thread
    Theshape likes this.
  16. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

17. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

I just replaced the battery in my POS Blackberry to keep it limping along until the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Droid whateveritscalled comes out. Here's to hoping for good news on the 11th...
  18. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I am not sure what is going on in the rest of the world, but Q4 started here at my house a week ago..:rolleyes:

So there..:p
  19. cereal killer

In all seriousness xtap the point I was trying to make is we can't rule it out.

We could go round and round all night long lol. Lets just wait and see and leave the options open. Deal brother?
  20. eyetek

eyetek Well-Known Member

And if Samsung put out false information regarding the Exynos 4212 sampling in Q4 in order to throw off speculation and keep the specs of the Nexus in question then that would change some opinions now wouldn't it. :rolleyes:
  21. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

you've got yourself a deal there. glad we could all be civil about it, it's fun :)
    cereal killer likes this.
  22. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

23. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

True,so true, But the new rumor is that it will have a Intel M7 core.;)
    BlueBiker likes this.
  24. rrhartjr

rrhartjr Well-Known Member

Show me what other SoC can be designed, fabricated and integrated into a phone by the same company..
  25. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

not sure what that has to do with anything, but it's been fun. until tomorrow :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.