Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Yeah, until it gets pushed back....AGAIN
    rsb148, darejer and jkc120 like this.
  2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

But apparently they didn't account for VZW testing and VZW found a bug or is pushing crapware like cityID to be on the phone.
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Uh oh!

Just put in another text to my sister.

Will report back when I hear something.
    dawnierae, AndroiDad75, jmar and 10 others like this.
  4. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

I've been telling myself that for the past month Mr. D Inc 2! :p
  5. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this point I'm not holding my breath. I'm starting to wonder if we'll even see it by Christmas at this point.
  6. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me....ugh.
  7. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

When Hannette speaks Android Forums listens!

8. thecandidate

thecandidate Well-Known Member

From Phil:

It gets better. Apparently the sticking point is one of those two piece of VZW software they're adding.

Go figure, right?
  9. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

^^ Ninja'd!
    And Phil replied back with this
    Bloatware causing delays...you don't say!
  10. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

ok guys, i have finally reached a point that i have rode this roller coaster long enough for now, to the point where its making me want the phone less and less. i will chat with you all on monday, until then, happy hunting for news
  11. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. :-/

Definitely voting for a political swerve on his part. Still think it'll be here within a week. Maybe not Monday, but within a week.
  12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Well, I'm off to get the kids from school.

On the bright side:

Even if it is pushed back, at least the phone should be bug free when we get it.

TRUST ME, it is worth the wait.

Plus we have more time to make this thread just that much larger. :p

Don't get down and be nice to each other. I'll be back on later.
    Trooper and BabyBlues like this.
  13. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I freaking KNEW it. No surprise at all. VZW, you suck.
  14. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

Not only does it say SAMSUNG NEXUS
    it also has its model number SCHI515. i have never seen it with a capital "I"
    shouldn't it be SCH i515? Im not sure if lower case letters mean anything.
    just my thoughts.
    trying to be optimistic and prove this wrong. haha
    Travillion and jmar like this.
  15. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

If Verizon had gotten an LTE version of the Galaxy S II I have a feeling a lot of us wouldn't be here and would be very happy with our phones right now.
  16. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

Phil Nickinson 05:15 PM Today It gets better. Apparently the sticking point is one of those two piece of VZW software they're adding.

Go figure, right?

EDIT: 7th!!!!!
  17. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

thank you guys for making me feel normal all day, no one else i know wants to hear me talk about this phone any more. :p

gotta go do SOMETHING productive for a few hours, looking forward to 40K posts by the time i get back! :cool:
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. kastleberg

kastleberg Well-Known Member

The day started off so well, so positive. Now it's back to mania. Oh well, it was fun this morning. I will remain positive about Monday because, well, it just makes this weekend better. As opposed to sitting around stewing about how it could be another couple weeks. Stupid VZW.
  19. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

If the only issue is My VZW app and Backup Assistant - then I really don't care that much about whether they're on the phone or not, I'd rather have it sooner than later if those two apps are the only points of contention. They're hardly bloatware in the recent sense of the word.
  20. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

No way are they delaying this over software issues.

They would have to open every box, fire up every Nexus, and update each one of... how many? Hundreds of thousands? Millions?

Any hiccup can be fixed upon activation with an OTA.

RELEASE THE PHONE, VERIZON!
  21. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I'm not happy about this at all. Samsung and Google indicated it was ready and there were no software/hardware issues. Verizon decides to put their crapware on the phone and can't make it work right (or is pushing for more crapware). If they weren't putting this crap on the phone, we'd all have them by now!

I swear at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if VZW forced google to somehow lock the phone down or lock the bootloader/etc. :mad::mad::mad:
  22. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Right, or if they said today, Dec. 8th....I'd be happy. Holding your customers hostage with a release date is an infuratiang tactic.
    jmar, rsb148 and kastleberg like this.
  23. mountainman34

mountainman34 New Member

I'm not buying the 12/8 date at all. The sources are iffy at best and the screenshots we have seen are sketchy.

The first screenshot looked to be an in-store advertising schedule that also listed the iPhone 4S and iPad 2, both of which have already launched so the dates on that schedule mean nothing in regards to device launch dates IMO.

The second screenshot is...well, just look at it. Could have been typed up in 5 minutes by some troll looking to get rise.

Also, I don't buy a word P3Droid says...he just needed something to get attention on him again. Panda aka Black Man X, who I tend to trust more than others, has maintained that Google and Samsung have done their part with the Nexus as far as delivering the devices in accordance to the agreement with VZW. The release at this point is 100% up to VZW (according to Panda), so I don't believe P3Droid's line about not being supply in the US.

This is just my interpretation on the info we have from good sources so take it as you will!
  24. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Well I was a little disappointed when people started saying this Monday for the release because I just bought a RAZR, but figured oh well, I can return it no big deal. But now, if the December rumors are true (which I don't believe), then I am glad that I made the jump to the RAZR when I did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.