***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

I'm afraid if all were encouraged to send their own copies, the emails might be appended with some less attractive language, as some may want to let off some steam. One email to all, and follow it up as Verizon responds, or fails to respond.

Advertisement
  2. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

New Draft

Thoughts? Again, should we do a mass email or just one?
    SPLover, Travillion, cusjs and 2 others like this.
  3. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is any way to determine how many individuals have viewed this thread, but I'm sure there is a way to determine how many people have made at least one post.

BTW, as of a few seconds ago, there were 860,559 views of this thread.
  4. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a good idea for ALL of us to spam the Verizon leadership. That would be classless in my opinion. I don't see why one email can't be sent to everyone that is on that list though.
    ASC, cusjs and scottg96 like this.
  5. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member

well I think we need to encourage everyone to try this plan out. You're right in assuming that Verizon won't pay attention to something poorly written and communicated and just plain disrespectful. But something well thought out from their customers. That has to at least grab their attention.
  6. jdduncan11

Change "renting" to returning. I edited my post
  7. Puchkey

Puchkey Well-Known Member

I might have to jump ship. This rollercoaster is getting to violent for me. I'd like to hold on but I'm loosing strength.
    I held the resound again yesterday and it felt great. Screen is gorgeous. Has an SD slot.....
    Besides my wife has a upgrade available in February. Maybe the resound can be my warm up for the pig they call the Edge...
  8. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

I'd change "furious" to something softer, like "concerned" or "anxious".
    jdduncan11 likes this.
  9. garbageduck

garbageduck Well-Known Member

They know most of us won't go to another carrier now that Verizon and at&t ditched unlimited plans unless you're grandfathered in, so that's the new way they get loyalty from their customers. Ill get this phone the day i can, whenever that may be. Something official would be nice.
  10. scottg96

Well I very much consider it still "renting" a RAZR or Rezound to fill the gap between now and when the GNex is released. I explained that the "program" is people who return the RAZR or Rezound to get the GNex when it comes out.
  11. jdduncan11

hahah. Yeah, I meant returning. Sorry
  12. Badget78

Badget78 Well-Known Member

"@VZWSupport VZW Support
    @calKno Coming soon buddy! Here's a link to sign up for alerts & all the news on the Galaxy Nexus! bit.ly/hlA0CQ ^AH"

Coming "soon".. -_-

Which really don't tell us anything lol.. sigh.
  13. scottg96

Done :) (although I'd say we're all pretty furious!)
    kk4df likes this.
  14. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member

Scott, I'd also add that I think a lot of VZW customers have actually held off on the buying/returning plan and take advantage of the return policy sheerly out of ethical respect? It seems a lot of people are still holding off?
    ryancmatchett, jdduncan11 and kk4df like this.
  15. scottg96

Based on VZWSupport's previous tweets I wouldn't count on them knowing jack.
  16. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Caught in the powerful gravity of Planet ReZound...off to VZW. :(
    Puchkey likes this.
  17. willis1

willis1 Active Member

Anyone know if slingbox uses flash? Thats kind of a big deal for me since I travel often and use slingbox on my phones. I'm still getting the Nexus either way, but would be disappointed if slingbox doesnt work on it.
  18. scottg96

That is a counter-argument to what I'm trying to state; if I say people are already leaving Verizon for other carriers but some of us are still loyal customers then they won't feel the need to satisfy those who have already left us or are willing to in the future.
  19. Masshole

Masshole Member

You can add my name to your list. As I posted a couple of days ago the e-mail my wife received stated the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't be released to early/middle of December. The December 8th date seems like a plausible release date.
  20. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

This whole 16 thing is pushing me toward the RAZR where I can get 48. I have always wanted a phone lighter and thinner than my DX and the LTE Gnex is almost the same weight and thickness. If 16 is true I think they are just trying encourage people to move to their beloved RAZR instead of the more open Gnex.
  21. scottg96

willis1 likes this.
  22. scottg96

Edited 2nd paragraph of email:
  23. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Don't apologize.

I think the intent of your statement is a great one and a more realistic problem for VZW than users switching carriers which therefore would carry more weight in the discussion.
  24. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

If you're going to reference the polling I would point to the original source (which was Verizon's very own @VZWsupport account on Twitter) and not Droid Life.

I would also at the very least mention that they are currently the only carrier in the states that does not offer the pure Google Android experience. THAT is what a vast majority of us are waiting and hoping so desperately for. THAT is the argument we should be making, because I can already see their response to our frustrated requests: "Verizon has no information on the Galaxy Nexus' release at this time. Please sign up to receive any new updates. Here at Verizon we have a great variety and selection of high end Android powered smartphone's you may choose from like the Motorola RAZR and HTC Rezound, and we are proud to offer these to our subscribers." For those of us desperately waiting; this just wont do. We have waited long enough for the pure Google Android experience on VZW.

Was this just a random poll? Was it done to really gauge interest from their subscribers? Was this information passed along to anyone up the food chain? We don't know. The fact is that VZW's own Customer Support should have been aware of this demand and frustration though, through their public outreach (or lack there-of), it doesn't appear it has affected their actions.

I would like to add-- in VZW's eyes they are not responsible for our frustration. They have no need to retract any public statement or apologize for any public statement. They've simply never given us one. While the lack of transparency is disheartening, it is not their obligation to remedy this. They don't OWE us anything. I will optimistically sign off on this email petition, but I don't believe it will result in any real positive action on VZW's part.
    Travillion, The_Chief and jdduncan11 like this.
  25. la teacher

la teacher Member

Maybe "extremely frustrated"
    CaptainRon and kk4df like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.