• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just got back from Verizon and picked up the Rezound(hopefully as a rental). The main reason is my OG Droid was selectively receiving text messages and I've missed some important stuff from folks. My friend at a corporate Verizon store confirmed the extended exchange period, as well as the sales rep that I purchased the phone from (he said they don't know about a release date on the Gnex).

Initially the Rezsound phone is very snappy and has a beautiful screen...but after about 5 minutes of messing around with it I really hate HTC sense. I'm coming from an OG droid (with cm7). I don't know how people have put up with this crap in the past. Vanilla Android FTW!!!

Plus, there are a ton of useless apps that i cant seem to delete like blockbuster. Will look for a way to root and hope to remove those apps with titanium backup.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
You honestly don't think that there are thousands of people wanting to buy the SGN on Verizon?

So this is a gross overestimate of what they expect to sell?

yes_verizon_has_plenty_of_galaxy_nexus_units_on_order_rogers_opens_pre_orders.jpg

I would think that most of those, if not at least half (which would be more than 60,000) will be bought by those beginning new contracts.

And that order number is not a national order; it's regional.

I think that Verizon stands to lose a lot of money if they don't release this phone before the end of the year. (I'm 100% certain that it will be out before the end of the year, BTW.)

If you combine all the fans on this site, AndroidCentral, and reddit you've got at least 100,000 orders right there, and then there's those who are in the know but don't participate in all this speculation. IMO this screenshot seems pretty legit :D

Upvote 0
I have been reading this thread for the last week or so and it's fascinating, haven't checked it since last night can someone give me a recap of news since then. I noticed the title changed from 12/8 release....

ps. I feel dirty using my iPad to write this post.

Welcome here Mark we welcome all gadget tech heads.

We really don't know anything srry to say. We have a lot of hope for this coming week so hold tight and enjoy your stay :)

Upvote 0
I have been reading this thread for the last week or so and it's fascinating, haven't checked it since last night can someone give me a recap of news since then. I noticed the title changed from 12/8 release....

Do not feel dirty, I bought a Xoom release day, return within 10 days and bought an iPad. Best decision I made all year. 3 weeks later bought a Macbook pro and now typing this on my Macbook Air. Apple makes awesome products. Android tablets are not even close, yet. :D And BTW I am HARDCORE ANDROID. Moved my company from Blackberries to Android and about 2 dozen friends. Without that other company we would have fewer and less competitive choices.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
So I'm one of the lucky people who was able to get the $10 unlimited data deal awhile back. The G Nex sounds like an amazing device. However getting it means that I will most likely lose the discount, and I'm just not sure if I'm ready to lose that at this moment. So my question is for those of you that have used 4g do you think it would be worth the extra $20 a month.

I know I can only really answer this I'm just looking for opinions.

Upvote 0

Welcome to the light former lurker!
And don't feel dirty - most nights I use the ipad to be on the forum too.

As you should :D

Watch it buddy. :p

Do not feel dirty, I bought a Xoom release day, return within 10 days and bought an iPad. Best decision I made all year. 3 weeks later bought a Macbook pro and now typing this on my Macbook Air. Apple makes awesome products. Android tablets are not even close, yet. :D And BTW I am HARDCORE ANDROID. Moved my company from Blackberries to Android and about 2 dozen friends. Without that other company we would have fewer and less competitive choices.

I agree that Apple makes good products. There are pros and cons to each of the respective OS's. I am equal opportunity and use them both for completely different things. No one should be made to feel 'dirty' about choosing one or the other.
That being said - I do make fun of iSheep just as much as anyone else.

Upvote 0
So I'm one of the lucky people who was able to get the $10 unlimited data deal awhile back. The G Nex sounds like an amazing device. However getting it means that I will most likely lose the discount, and I'm just not sure if I'm ready to lose that at this moment. So my question is for those of you that have used 4g do you think it would be worth the extra $20 a month.

I know I can only really answer this I'm just looking for opinions.

LTE isn't an extra cost if you already have an unlimited data plan. When I upgraded from my Incredible to my Thunderbolt I retained the $30 a month unlimited data plan, even with 4G.

Upvote 0

May I ask why you feel that way about the Xoom? It has been significantly improved over time. Every time I use my mom's iPad I just don't get why its so vaunted. The only reason I understand is "apps".

Upvote 0
You serious? Link? How else would you drag and drop files on/off the darn thing?

People are overreacting because they're completely misunderstanding the case. It doesn't support USB Mass Storage, but rather another more flexible file system that works on all desktop OSs and doesn't require drivers to be installed. You can still browse the folder tree on your computer and transfer files...

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...behind-galaxy-nexus-lack-of-usb-mass-storage/

Upvote 0
No need to, when I checked it a couple hours ago it was 16, when I clicked on your link it was 32, I closed that and opened it up again and now its back to 16 again... Oh well I still don't believe the verizon nexus will only be 16gb

/tinfoil hat

Verizon saw how many people would stop lusting for a device if 16, and changed it to show it thusly, so they could sell more bloat-phones.

/tinfoil hat off

Upvote 0
Guys, Flash isn't that big of a deal. The only thing it's somewhat useful for is ads, because YouTube uses HTML5 now.

Not all YouTube videos are available in HTML5. I don't know if or when they'll force the remaining Flash videos to convert.

UPDATED OP with link to post from Rob (owner). If he gets enough thanks, he'll write the letter, etc.

Hmmmm, weren't we all throwing hissy fits when P3 or whoever was holding GNex info hostage to more Twitter follows? :thinking:

The "righteous outrage" is fairly amusing considering all Verizon has done at this point is confirm that they will have the phone. They don't "owe" anyone a date, or anything else.

QFT.

Blah, just read how the Galaxy Nexus won't support Mass USB mass storage. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Are you serious? So no microSD card and no USB download. Just WiFi? :(

Upvote 0
May I ask why you feel that way about the Xoom? It has been significantly improved over time. Every time I use my mom's iPad I just don't get why its so vaunted. The only reason I understand is "apps".

I was pissed that there was no SD card support. I felt the iPad "feels" better as far as the way apps looked and of course the market. I am not sure how that is today, but I am happy with my Ipad2. It was more of a "feeling" to return.

Upvote 0
LTE isn't an extra cost if you already have an unlimited data plan. When I upgraded from my Incredible to my Thunderbolt I retained the $30 a month unlimited data plan, even with 4G.

Well what I meant was I only pay $10 for unlimited data, but I'm pretty sure I will start having to pay the normal $30 if I move to LTE so thats where I got the extra $20 a month from.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones