***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

But you have no proof that this is the case whatsoever, so you're just speculating and assuming that it's actually not Verizon's fault at all.
  2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

It would aggravate you a lot more if you were using something other than a Windows box. There is, sorta, some Linux support -- but apparently only from one library that doesn't work very well or very fast. Myth not debunked.
    chanop likes this.
  3. Depth Afield

Depth Afield Well-Known Member

Great googly mooglies. I wonder what I will be able to sell my X for.
  4. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

I thought for sure there'd be 40k by now. I think we need a new piece of intel.
    jbdan likes this.
  5. Andhily

Andhily Well-Known Member

I want to blame it on bloatware and the Razr & Rezound.. but honestly how much money do they really make off of bloatware.. I can't imagine it really being that much.

I think most of the money they make comes from the cell phone plans not the actual purchase of the cell phone which makes you think that they'd want the Nexus out as soon as possible because they have a monopoly of it in the US and it's probably the only phone people are willing to switch providers first.

And it wouldn't really surprise me to see the Rezound or Razr hit BOGO once the Nexus drops.
  6. scottg96

7. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

I have no issues with my Bionic. I really like it. :)
  8. Flakpheiser

Flakpheiser Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be concerned at all since flash development for mobile devices is going to cease.
  9. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Here is an idea. What if Verizon releases the Droid Prime AKA; SGSII-HD-LTE. within the next six weeks.

Nexus = 16GB
    Prime = 32GB

Samsung will have the last laugh...:D
    jbdan likes this.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

but 'not as easy' does not mean 'doesn't work'

Same for me. I don't run across it often but when I do I shrug and remind myself I KNEW it didn't support flash.
  11. TurboShane

TurboShane Member

I would take a Prime any day of the week.
  12. Bonez

Bonez Well-Known Member

Flakpheiser likes this.
  13. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

Same here.....I've been eligible to upgrade since the end of January. I was originally going to get an iPhone 4, but then I decided to wait until the iPhone 5 came out in the Spring.....then Fall. When the new phone ended up being a 4S with no 4G I started looking at alternatives and found out about the Nexus. For a long time I have loved my blackberry, but just recently I have come to realize that was primarily due to ignorance. There are so many features available on newer phones that I just don't have even though I pay just as much for my data plan (grandfathered unlimited) as everyone else. I don't even have a touch screen. Its my B-Day today and I'm very very tempted to go to Verizon and pick up a Rezound to rent until the Nexus finally comes out. I've debated waiting until Monday to do this, but I'm really not very optimistic any more that it will be released anytime soon.
  14. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

OK...

Just had a chat with online CSR. She knew nothing of the GN, release date, or, the end of the DD promo. I expressed that VZW was making it very difficult for me to give them my money. The highlight was this...

I used the term "rental" prior to all of this as well and, apparently they do not care.

So, come Monday, if there is no news, I will very likely be ordering the Rezound to play with until I get my Nexus. The first part of the quoted chat is absolutely true, I do feel unethical about it, but, I am leaving an unlimited data plan with AT&T and the DD Promo is too valuable for me to pass up if it is indeed ending on BF.

(I think I used every possible abbreviation in there... did I miss any BBs?)
  15. BabyBlues

happy birthday!!!!!!!
    lovebyte21 likes this.
  16. BabyBlues

LOL. I fixed the only one I saw.
    scottg96 and orlando bull like this.
  17. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

The reason I said the post count was going to be cut down was because half of the "milestone posts" were the mods saying the lurkers should come out of their hiding holes and post 1 post an hour to reach the Dinc thread. I consider that the "milestone post" you were referring to. If that isn't what you mean, then I get it, you mean just the posts where people say "did I get it?" and "40k?"

But I personally think you may have scared some of the lurkers with that post.
  18. scottg96

The online CSR agent could care less about you returning your RAZR after a short while because that's not how they make their salary. Retail store employees will be pissed, though, because every time someone returns a phone they get a bad customer satisfaction report, etc. Plus, they're commission-based so they wouldn't get paid fully if they sold you a phone that you ended up returning.
  19. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

No, but slow and unreliable could easily make something effectively unusable. If you're copying files around, you wouldn't want to have to guess whether they actually got transferred.

Also if the function is only provided by one library (perhaps supported by a single developer), you may be left high and dry if it breaks under some new Linux version. It's said that in open source anybody can pick up the pieces of abandonware, but in practice it often doesn't happen.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

Point well made. Thank you.
    BlueBiker likes this.
  21. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

But, I'd be ordering online (corporate discount), so, the store shouldn't get hurt by someone returning an online order... except for not getting to count the sale of the GN to me, but, I wouldn't be buying in store anyway, so, they aren't going to get commission off of me either way.
  22. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Okay folks, I deleted a few post debating post count posts. If anyone has an issue with a post, report it and the mods will look at it.

The debate over it has been settled and we're not going to rehash it. Just report it, please, rehashing it will start fights and lead to higher post counts. ;)
  23. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

Now you are just being cruel ;)
    salizai01 and vandyman like this.
  24. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

Well actually there is. If you believe that Motorola makes better hardware than Samsung and the Razr will have ICS down the road, then there is a reason right there.

I truly believe Motorola does make better hardware. I've never been impressed with my Samungs, either 3G or 4G. I've never been unimpressed with my Motorolas from a hardware standpoint.

As I've said, if the Razr had ICS today, I wouldn't even be considering another Samsung.
    DSCR likes this.
  25. GalaxyNexi

GalaxyNexi Member

Why has my month been so bad? I was so hyped up for the 10th, but no. Then the 17th/18th, but no. Hell, I bet they will never release it.
    scottg96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.