***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

the screen is ugly, half of the negative comments of the razor are about the screen
    splash resistance? what? lmao
    i already said thin
    there are apps that do motocast better, motocast screws you over with drm and DTS audio
    i read its slightly faster then rezound, sure
    forgot about the batman armor

so it has good build quality, is thin, slightly faster than so and so. but meh, that seems like the same appeal every other phone that comes out has you know? the rez at least can make the claim that is has the best screen on the market right now. thats appealing. not so much kevlar or splash proof

gapi likes this.
  2. skater57

skater57 Well-Known Member

Guys guys it can be a joint venture between you 2 and split the profits 50/50
    rexdog1888 likes this.
  3. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Looks like just the left and right side?
  4. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ending did kind of ruin it. I was in a hurry to post the first "How Many Licks" commercial I found, because if you snooze then the thread is 3 pages later by the time you post. :eek:

Pix or it didn't happen. And welcome to the thread Shades!
    Shades.549 likes this.
  5. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

I think it's just a difference in lighting. Someone a couple days ago did actually post a comparison between the LTE and HSPA versions (taken from the new pictures from the google nexus site), but I can't find it right now :eek:

Edit: Actually, I think whoever that was may have done goofed too because the picture of the phone doesn't change when you switch from US to UK on the google nexus website... hm...
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Ok.. just checking in. Saw the last episode of Fringe on my DVR. They're off until January. Checking in to say goodnight. Everyone be nice.

"Try not to kill each other!" ;)

Maybe I'll hear back from The Source tomorrow, who has been rather patient with my in my many cries for help on our behalf!
  7. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, which release date do you believe?
  8. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member

rexdog1888 and TheRoosevelt like this.
  9. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

If you haven't actually owned both devices then your trusting the internet to make your mind up on what's actually better. I for one prefer own a device before I commit to defending it and proclaiming it the victor. So that last thing I'll mention since we are talking about a PHONE Is the Razrs better call quality and reception.

We'll have to agree to disagree as to which one is better. :)
  10. TheRoosevelt

11. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

The one on the right just doesn't look right somehow
  12. TheRoosevelt

It's the CG render from the tech specs part of the Google Nexus page. I think the only difference between the two pics is lighting and a slight angle. If you look past the shade difference, the thickness seems to be the same.
    rexdog1888 likes this.
  13. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

It's like the lighting was different...
    Read my mind Roose
    rexdog1888 and TheRoosevelt like this.
  14. Shades.549

Shades.549 Well-Known Member

Okay, provided its not in the laundry I'll try to post a pic of the t-shirt on Sunday.... I probably won't be wearing it but I can post it anyway.
    BlueBiker likes this.
  15. TheRoosevelt

Didn't see that edit until now. No, I'm definitely not making these, unless I decide to cover my Nexus with duct tape. I'm not an engineer or DIYer by any stretch of the word. It does sound like an interesting idea, though (if I do say so myself :D).

Also, Steven, by now I must sound like a broken record, but I can't thank you enough for the work you do in this thread and your willingness to go out of your way to help us on our never-ending quest. So thank you once again :)

All, right, it's almost 3 in the morning, I should be sound asleep :rolleyes:
    Good night for real, everyone ;)
  16. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member

I better go to bed myself, gotta go pick up Skyward Sword in the morning...

17. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Pix of the 32gb card!
    ebe3692, Stigy, BabyBlues and 5 others like this.
  18. chankyu92

chankyu92 Well-Known Member

Thanks Steven!

I'm just wondering why the Verizon LTE logo isn't there on the battery cover...
    scottg96 likes this.
  19. skater57

You got ninja'd by like a half hour

Edit:more like an hour and 15 minutes
  20. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

my brother owns the razor. ive had extensive time with it, and i dont like it/see much appeal. wasnt relying on the internet

didnt get any time on the call quality. but ill believe ya. moto usually has good reception, which my past two htc's could be annoying at times

on another note. this phone needs to come out soon for all of our sakes. the past 24 hours ive encountered two or DB errors. then we had Rob come in and lay the smackdown on us, THEN lock our forum for an hour lmao. and just now got another error. we are making a mess on this poor guys website..
  21. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

It handled the incredible thread just fine...;)
  22. skater57

Nothing is happening so I'm going to bed see you as soon as I wake up
  23. matt2783

matt2783 Member

24. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Yeah but he doesn't cite a specific/special source for that info. Makes me think he is going off the other leaks for his launch prediction. So we're right back where we started
  25. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I have one in my hand right now. It's not faster than the ReZound. Whoever told you that, was just plain wrong. I liked it enough to rent it, but the ReZound was much faster. Just sayin...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.