• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW guys keep in mind that the 4-Day Websale ends on 11/21, meaning they will have to replace that home page panel with something else... NEXUS IS COMING!

Don't mean to be downer, but it could be filled with the red DInc2 (11/24), iPhone advertising for Black Friday (not that there would be a change in price), some sort of accessory or new deal on another phone...

I'm hopefully but would be more surprised if something was announced tomorrow re the GNex than not.

Upvote 0
Really, there was never any reason to believe the SGN has 16 GB besides that stupid mistake on Google's website. All indications point to 32 GB and it's even been confirmed by that one picture of the "Usage" screen on the phone. So I don't think that was ever a problem to begin with, we just thought it was because Google made a mistake.

A mistake that takes 2 seconds to fix. I do think that we may only get a 16GB model initially with a 32GB rolling out later.

I have about 9GB on my iPhone, I'll be fine with a 16GB version, just hope it's not $299. I will manage my music a little better and won't need all of it on the phone, I only listen to some, and it's somewhat rare that I listen to it at all. I can use Google Music or Pandora 90% of the time.

Photo's is where I may struggle. Again, Photobucket for most and I'll have to manage it a little better. I am at a point now where I don't have the pics I want on my phone and I do have a bunch that I do not need, so, I need to manage that anyway.

And, HD videos... that's the unknown for me. Of course, I don't currently take a lot of video.

So, for me, 16GB will work, I'll just have to see if there is any indication of when the 32GB will come out and look at the price point.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Orlando Bull just clarified the statement by saying they took liberty with the date 11/21. So assuming that they were to be held until 11/21 is just that- an assumption.

If I remember correctly, the boss told the person that posted that he would be happy on Monday. Guess that could mean a lot of things but he made it seem like it was the Nexus.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
I love being optimistic about this kind of stuff. Why be doubtful it will launch any time soon when you can hope for the best and then if the time comes and it doesn't launch, at least you have another date to look forward to! It feels good :p

I love the optimism. I honestly don't care when it launches but reading every one's negativity just to be negative gets old. Sure they are probably just trying to temper their expectations. But there is nothing wrong looking forward to something. And you know what, if we don't hear anything tomorrow, you can just look forward to another date and it continues :p

Upvote 0
I love the optimism. I honestly don't care when it launches but reading every one's negativity just to be negative gets old. Sure they are probably just trying to temper their expectations. But there is nothing wrong looking forward to something. And you know what, if we don't hear anything tomorrow, you can just look forward to another date and it continues :p

I agree. If you expect the worst then you're putting an unnecessary amount of stress on yourself, but if you just keep looking forward you can't possibly get bogged down by the bad news! I'm actually not that tired of waiting any more :p

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Really, there was never any reason to believe the SGN has 16 GB besides that stupid mistake on Google's website. All indications point to 32 GB and it's even been confirmed by that one picture of the "Usage" screen on the phone. So I don't think that was ever a problem to begin with, we just thought it was because Google made a mistake.

You misunderstand, the 32g does exist I agree it is confirmed but the 'mistake' on Google's website has been up and uncorrected for 2 days. You can't tell me google is so clueless they wouldn't correct it in this amount of time. Logically there is a reason for this...yes there are 32g out there and confirmed but you can't ignore the fact either 16g has been up for 2 days now.

Upvote 0
I agree. If you expect the worst then you're putting an unnecessary amount of stress on yourself, but if you just keep looking forward you can't possibly get bogged down by the bad news! I'm actually not that tired of waiting any more :p

The only problem is for people who want to know based on evidence what's the most probable outcome.

By professing your optimism for every single release date, you might be misleading anyone else reading this thread, and you might be causing them unneeded stress.

Upvote 0
And on that note. I don't know if you're willing or able to confirm this information Steven- but how in fact did you vet your sources? Or are you just going off of blind faith in a faceless email? I apologize if this answer HAS been given earlier in this thread and I missed it. I'm just curious; not making accusations or anything.

Please allow me to pinch hit here, Steven may choose to say more later (or not).

Inside sources typically have their jobs on the line if caught.

For that reason, we always shy away from any public discussions of vetting.

Also, when reading any insider info, there are a number of factors for readers to consider, vetting is just one - but it all comes down to credibility.

When bringing insider info forward, be it staff or any member - or having self-claimed insiders come forward on their own - AndroidForums.com has an official policy on this, I'll paraphrase it to remove staff references, however, the paraphrasing is dead accurate:

The information and claims are laid open to our community. We expect the wisdom of the community working together to determine the final truth. If you accept or reject a source's credibility, that is your protected right here at AF. Just don't hate about it and don't engage in arguments about credibility or vetting - that it makes it personal and is not about issues. :)

The basic idea where a mod is concerned is don't trust us if we say it because we're staff - treat us per normal as members here like yourself (QFT: we are members first and just volunteers doing a temporary job on staff) and use your own judgement to place your trust.

~~~~~~~~~

Having completed the staff statements, here are my personal views.

• Steven is no one's fool, he's a mondo good guy
  • Clearly, Admin (Phases) has sufficient trust to back Steven's play on this thread
  • Clearly, the site owner (Rob) has sufficient trust to accept Steven's source for Phandroid articles
  • Corporations can, have and will vet quislings to torpedo us - quasi-sources whose sole purpose is to spread disinformation
  • Corporations can, have and will distribute disinfo or bent information so they can track and fire employees leaking information
  • In every corporation, there is one person high enough up to make a final determination on things like a release date (with support from those below handling the various components of logistics for the release)
    • That guy is the one whose head we want into
    • Information changes - No plan survives engagement with the enemy
    • A fully credible insider's information is only valid for the time he gives it - information changes

Steven's no fool. ;)

Hope this helps! :)

PS -

Throw it into the pool and let the piranhas get after it. It's the best way to get down to the truth quickest.

Quoted for truth!

Upvote 0
this one is particularly troublesome - he's not saying that VZW has locked the GNex down, is he?!?! that would be the stupidest move in a long line of stupid moves by VZW. nope, no way it can happen.........right??!

I don't think so...I think he's pissed about My Verizon and Backup Assistant holding things up...

Upvote 0
Please allow me to pinch hit here, Steven may choose to say more later (or not).

Inside sources typically have their jobs on the line if caught.

For that reason, we always shy away from any public discussions of vetting.

Also, when reading any insider info, there are a number of factors for readers to consider, vetting is just one - but it all comes down to credibility.

When bringing insider info forward, be it staff or any member - or having self-claimed insiders come forward on their own - AndroidForums.com has an official policy on this, I'll paraphrase it to remove staff references, however, the paraphrasing is dead accurate:

The information and claims are laid open to our community. We expect the wisdom of the community working together to determine the final truth. If you accept or reject a source's credibility, that is your protected right here at AF. Just don't hate about it and don't engage in arguments about credibility or vetting - that it makes it personal and is not about issues. :)

The basic idea where a mod is concerned is don't trust us if we say it because we're staff - treat us per normal as members here like yourself (QFT: we are members first and just volunteers doing a temporary job on staff) and use your own judgement to place your trust.

~~~~~~~~~

Having completed the staff statements, here are my personal views.

• Steven is no one's fool, he's a mondo good guy
  • Clearly, Admin (Phases) has sufficient trust to back Steven's play on this thread
  • Clearly, the site owner (Rob) has sufficient trust to accept Steven's source for Phandroid articles
  • Corporations can, have and will vet quislings to torpedo us - quasi-sources whose sole purpose is to spread disinformation
  • Corporations can, have and will distribute disinfo or bent information so they can track and fire employees leaking information
  • In every corporation, there is one person high enough up to make a final determination on things like a release date (with support from those below handling the various components of logistics for the release)
    • That guy is the one whose head we want into
    • Information changes - No plan survives engagement with the enemy
    • A fully credible insider's information is only valid for the time he gives it - information changes

Steven's no fool. ;)

Hope this helps! :)

PS -

Quoted for truth!

Oh I understand, and I wouldn't want anyone to have their well-being jeopardized. Just thought I'd ask. I don't know Steven or any of you, I can't hang on every word from anyone here. No offense but that's the fact. It doesn't hurt to ask for clarification, respectfully. And again I respect and understand the decision to decline any answer on my question.

edit: Of course, I was never aware of those official policy statements you quoted. Who actually reads that stuff ;) Anyway, end of discussion.

Upvote 0
Well, I went into the Corporate store one more time to see if I could catch a rumor. Played with the Razor, which was my first choice before getting into the Nexus, and left with it. I just can't get over how beautiful this hardware is, and in the end that means more to me than quick updates. Good luck with the release, I hope
it is soon. I won't be trading in te Razor though, I love it and will wait for ICS.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones