***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Well, it was announced at the unveiling event the week before... But Verizon's promotions didn't start until the sunday before.

I think.

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Thanks for joining us! We always take our news with the requisite pound of salt.
  3. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

yeah, I`m not hold my breath for tomorrow release or a pre-order, I have already told myself its not coming out until next month, so I would quit being so obsessed with the Gnex:rolleyes:
    scottg96 likes this.
  4. rickmla

rickmla Member

VZW announced the Rezound on Thursday, 11/3 for release on 11/14.
  5. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

As a person taking E&M right now. I can appreciate this.:D
  6. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

Rezound was announced on a Thursday (11/3).
  7. Bonez

Bonez Well-Known Member

Then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it is announced tomorrow. :D
    scottg96 likes this.
  8. Richman21

Richman21 Well-Known Member

I started watching the 49ers back in 1982 when I was 7. Been die hard ever since. Never seen a game at Candlestick, but I'm going to take my son next year, he's now 7, to a game.
    Mikey P likes this.
  9. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

Nope it was announced on Thursday the 3rd and Released on Monday the 14th.
  10. EdenObscured

EdenObscured Well-Known Member

Are you a ladddy?
  11. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

For those that have been around for a while... did the Thunderbolt, Dinc, Dinc2, Bionic, etc... all just magically get announced and sold instantaneously? Or was their several days to a week that everyone knew pretty much exactly when to be online to order at 12:01am?
  12. scottg96

Concern about tethering/hotspot when rooted, probably. They want you to pay to share your existing mobile internet plan with other devices (for some reason...)
  13. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Good Lord, now you have done it. I am freaking 21 years old and you are making me feel old. Thanks. :rolleyes:;):eek:

14. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Google has publicly stated that is why the bootloader is locked in the US. the GSM/world version is not locked. So yes, carriers do have that kind of control
    jdduncan11 likes this.
  15. thecandidate

thecandidate Well-Known Member

Well I remember the Bionic's date being announced Sept.7th....and the date being Sept.8th................................so yeah
  16. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss, felt better before you asked right. :)
  17. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

I'm off tomorrow and I have plenty of bourbon, so I have nothing to lose..:D
  18. puppeteer

puppeteer Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger on the Razr.

I went to our local Costco and used my upgrade. They actually don't apply your ne2 discount, but the accessory bundle more than makes up for it.

+car adapter
    +portable charger (mailed out)
    +hd dock (mailed)
    +HDMI cable

So far I dig the phone quite a bit. Screen's great, performance is awesome, motoblur isn't immediately annoying...

That being said, they assured me when the nexus comes out, if I want to switch I can exchange this for it, no problem. 90 days to rent... I'm buying all my phones @ Costco from now on.

Best part, I can use this until the worst bugs on the gnex are worked out... or keep it, not sure yet.
  19. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

i first heard of the Inc2 on a forum. I remember them having an official date and no skepticism. so i went into verizon the day it was said on the forum and it was there. this whole GNex thing is just ridiculous.
  20. scottg96

Fixed (again) :p
    As hopeful as we can be, we still don't know anything for certain... although it seems that there is more of a chance than ever that something will happen tomorrow, Verizon has sat back and done nothing on such dates before.
  21. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

At the movies with the daughter now. Feels weird to be way from the forum all day but good at the same time. Catch you later.
    Pracis and iowabowtech like this.
  22. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

Such is the life of an EECS student. ;)
  23. Elevated

Elevated Well-Known Member

So I guess you also know the Nexus is essentially the same width as the RAZR, but much taller? It has a bigger screen, but the bottom of the screen is locked for the buttons. So its essentially the same usable screen area.
  24. SuperTongue

SuperTongue Well-Known Member

Jumping out of lurker mode as well. Not to drop "My dog knows a high-level Sprint rep who knows a cat who knows a Verizon rep" post, but to ask a semi-serious question, that might be stupid:

Every time I got a phone from Verizon (in store), they ripped it open to set it up for me. Assuming it comes out in stores the same time it hits online, I'd most likely just drive over and pick one up before my 9:30 class. Of course I'd have to be in and out and not let them set it up.

Basically: Is it possible to just go in, pay for the phone, then leave without them activating it for me?
    scottg96 likes this.
  25. Flakpheiser

Flakpheiser Well-Known Member

Watching the current twilight movie, I assume? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.