• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to start an argument and make the mods angry, especially since I am new here, but come on.

From now until the end of the year, every week, I can post on multiple boards, twitter, facebook, hell even myspace, friendster, and xanga....and say things like, "Hey guys, so my inside source tells me this..." and then in a few days say, "VZW doesnt know what its doing..." implying that things have changed, and then say, "guys shipments are incoming...". It's NOT difficult to troll and post false info. And especially when he says things once every 2-3 days that contradict everything else he's ever said, it's easy to pull a date of your ass and eventually be proven right.

Like Hans said, he should shut his mouth and stick to developing. I'm happy for him that he has buddies that can get him pre-release devices, I really am. He's honestly the dude in high school that would spread rumors about your girlfriend because his sister is friends with a girl who slept over her house one time. It's childish, petty, and helps no one out.

I just dont care for the guy as a person. He is on his high horse and if someone asks a question he sees as "dumb" he talks down to them. He ended up blocking me from his feed because i kept calling him out on his sensationalizing when he could just share what info he has.

Also some guy retweeted a P3 post about if he makes it to 10,000 follows he gets a free party. Wow talk about self serving.

Upvote 0
I find it a tremendous double standard that we are told about zero tolerance for name calling, belligerent posts and yet we are allowed to call someone outside of the forum everything under the sun.

I say lighten up on the name calling. "Windsock","attention-whore", etc. have no place here. We get it you don't think he's reliable.

I don't follow P3Droid nor have I ever gone to his Twitter page. In fact, if it were not for the folks here talking about him I'd never know he exists. All I do know is this forum is not the place for name calling, allegedly. And how there has been no hand slapping for this behavior by this time is beyond me.
Don't waste your time, I've tried reporting when people call him names but the mods have an exception for him or just look the other way. I don't care for him that much but I don't see it necessary to call him names. If anything it really shows the character of the poster.

Upvote 0
try longpress in any text box.
hit "input method".
then should have a choice of keyboards

Oh that reminds me!
I wonder if there's a video showing how to change input methods on ICS. I remember there was some buzz about it before because they eliminated the long-press in ICS, and I'd like to see what they did to solve it.

Upvote 0
I keep seeing comments about the GPS in Samsung phones, typically focusing on the Galaxy S. I have tended to discount them based on the explanation on an article on The Verge here about the Google-Skyhook Wireless matter. As I understand the article, Google forced Motorola and Samsung to stop using Skyhook's XPS positioning service. In a section of the page headed Google deals with Samsung, the article states:

Based on the article and the sentence that I bolded, I have figured that the Galaxy S GPS problem was simply an artifact of this late change forced by Google and thus that this particular problem would not say much about the future. However, the continued concern about the issue makes me wonder whether I misinterpreted the article (which, admittedly, I moved through rather quickly).

Is anyone else familiar with this article or situation? Does the article "ring right"? If so, do we have any other reason to suspect problems with GPS in current Samsung phones?

As far as current crop of samsung phones in have only played with in store. But the sgs2 and skyrocket were getting much slower locks than htc phones and atrix. My captivate is really hit or miss with gps locking. When I drive into Bronx I get gps signal lost all the time...

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm not going to discuss the Cutler issue or the Windsock-stupid-idiot-attention-whore-moron-loser-douche any more. I don't like going to bed angry.

This Jets/Eagles game is turning out to be good!

My sister says that she is going to ask around tomorrow at work to see if anything has changed, and will let me know during her lunch hour.

Giants Eagles sir lol

Upvote 0
I went to NC State. The Rivers years were amazing. He was an absolute stud. Had he gone to a school with a legit football team he probably would have won a NC. To be honest I hope Rivers gets fed up with Turner and Dan Snyder finds a way to lure him back to the East Coast. I need my skins to be relevant again.

Im fed up with norv, but we need to keep rivers hes just having a bad stretch its alright though at this rate we'll have a top 10 pick.

Upvote 0
Puchkey have you returned? Did I miss the update? Did you remember the flour? Is your wife baking? BabyBlues is hungry!

I know, his closest VZW store must be in another State. I would have been in bed 45 minutes ago, but I keep thinking he's got to be back soon. And I know 100% that the store will have no signs up, but I can't seem to make myself go to bed until I get confirmation.

Upvote 0
Well i tried. No change at my local corporate Verizon store. Nothing at the authorized reseller either. Big surprise. Sorry guys. I tried to be the bearer of good news but was not able to come up with some. :( Heres to tomorrow and the announcement of the nexus on Verizon. Maybe.:(
PS O'Toole photos but can't get them to post here from my xoom ... oh well off to bed.:(

Upvote 0
Puchkey have you returned? Did I miss the update? Did you remember the flour? Is your wife baking? BabyBlues is hungry!

Lmao. I haven't seen any updates from him either. So either he is drooling on the window, got arrested for drooling on the window, wife killed him for actually going, or (and this is my favorite) he brought back a flower and her favorite dessert and is now otherwise occupied.

Reactions: Puchkey
Upvote 0
Usually is.

The only movies franchises that I would rank up there with the books would be The Godfather, Jaws and the Bourne movies. The Bourne movies didn't really follow the books though.

I'm hopeful that the American cinema adaptations of the Millennium Trilogy will be true to the books. I would hate to see the three novels compressed into one flick like the Swedes did, but it was well done nonetheless.

Upvote 0
Infinite stealth bombers and being able to go under map to kill people. That is in addition to bad lag and hit detection

Ive been playing on hotel internet and 3G since i got the game so i cant comment on lag and hit detection but there are no dedicated servers so you cant help that. Least not on the consoles.

I noticed a few too many stealth bombers. But it was also a match where the top player hit 60 kills, and thats also a killstreak you can get while still dying (support).

Yet to get killed by someone outside the map. Tired of quick scopes though.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't count on tomorrow.

For a release or an announcement, or either?

I am fairly confident that the phone will not be released tomorrow. It makes NO sense that an exclusive phone would not get an announcement, plus some people here reported stores claiming they have no stock and have had no training.

However, I still have hope for an announcement. I really have no evidence or reason to believe that there will be announcement tomorrow, I am just hoping.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones