General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

For a release or an announcement, or either?

I am fairly confident that the phone will not be released tomorrow. It makes NO sense that an exclusive phone would not get an announcement, plus some people here reported stores claiming they have no stock and have had no training.

However, I still have hope for an announcement. I really have no evidence or reason to believe that there will be announcement tomorrow, I am just hoping.
  2. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Sorry guys, a brain fart.

If it offends you then report it. I have received PM's on occasion from mods asking me to cool it on a certain topic, and I've always complied. I see the zero tolerance for name calling other members here; that's unacceptable.

But if that's the standard, then enforce it for everything. I don't recall anyone raising a ruckus when a certain member was calling me a whiny, immature brat when I suggested we join the "grass roots" movement the day Verizon announced it, even though the Love Tunnel basically confirmed that it worked.

Exactly. I don't get the furor over calling a spade a spade.

Isn't this a type of name calling in itself?
    dawnierae, SPLover, nbajam and 3 others like this.
  3. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member

Norv is a great OC and a terrible HC. He took the skins who were 7-1 and #1 in the NFL back in '96 and managed to lose enough games the second half of the season to miss the playoffs completely. He is terrible. I follow the Chargers as my second team and the canning of Schottenheimer / hiring of Turner was the beginning of the end for the Chargers. Your GM seems like he prefers yes men to capable coaches.
  4. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

OfTheDamned, jmar and rpretzel like this.
  5. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

I still think that the theory of an actual online release starting tomorrow is likely, as some stores haven't received training/promo materials for it yet, but that it will be in stores on Monday, at which point all the stores will be up-to-date. That's what I'm hoping for at least... and I have to go to Minneapolis with my family on Thursday morning so if they announce it tomorrow hopefully it can arrive before then so I can test it out! Oh god I'm getting so excited just thinking about it.
  6. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Off topic: is that an Iori avatar?
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Our general idea is that people who make themselves public phenomena set themselves up as fair game for positive or negative public opinion and all expressions thereof are fair game, so long as the language doesn't violate our rules.

This is in contrast to private individuals who join here agreeing to our terms and conditions.

Mod staff has yet to find any double standard on this.

If anyone believes mod staff is wrong in this approach, please PM your views on the matter to Phases.

Cheers, many thanks! :)
  8. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member

I'm going to hang my head low after that Manning fumble. I expected better.
  9. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

Yeah qs is dumb you can qs and beat an smg at close range. You can you tube the stealth bombers hack you can call stealth bombers back to back to bac. First time I witnesses it I was like why did enemy just call three stealth in an row looked at scoreboard only one person had over ten kills...
  10. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member

The problem is that plan makes so much sense Verizon won't do it. Would be perfect, Verizon locks in early adopters like ourselves with contract extensions while keeping their bloat phones at the forefront in their stores. Is a clear win-win, but they won't do it.
  11. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

Edit: sorry Monkey, quoted wrong post

Its a phooooone! I know we love it, but sheesh guys! Aaaaand its a football game! I didn't come in here to extract pity or get revved up about how incredibly fully my beloved Huskers were embarrassed on Saturday.

I watched this thread initially because it was an excellent source of amalgamated information from the web on the release of this device. I joined because you guys seemed genuinely respectable, honest, humble and delightful to engage with.

Now after being here for a short while, I see how some folks in here work. Praise what you want to hear and denounce, demean, belittle and outright reject what you don't want to believe. There's something to be said of optimism. But there's also something to be said of naivety, and denial. I'm not mentioning you Han, or pointing fingers at any one person in particular. Its just a theme in here.

I want everyone to look at the title of this thread. Remember what it said less that a week ago? How has any waffling P3 has made about a release date any different than THAT info Steven has been so graciously given by his sources? The only difference is P3 had already been judged and labeled for his candor. Steven has had the benefit of being a humble and respected member of us, his peers. That is the only difference I have seen.
    jmar and burntorangefan like this.
  12. scottg96

I seriously hope they do, though. You might think that after all they've "done" to us (which, might I add, is nothing), this will be yet another disappointment, but I have strong reason to believe that it will be for real this time. Let's pray it is :O
  13. willstilson

willstilson Member

Am I the only one still waiting for an update here?
  14. oBIGTo

oBIGTo Well-Known Member

If they announce it tomorrow, then we may have a black Friday releaseso that we can order stock. I've was told 12/8/11 but I shall see tomorrow when I get to work.
    scottg96 likes this.
  15. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Well-Known Member

The other difference is that, and people here can feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the sources in this thread, the ones that Steven has been talking to and the ones that are giving us the info, were all properly "vetted" by Steven and the other admins, to the extent of not being fired from their jobs of course. He has assured us as much.

P3 just kinda spouts off info and shoots from the hip. Who knows where he is hearing this from, if he is even hearing anything at all.

Sorry, but...big difference.
  16. scottg96

Oooh you work at a Verizon store? Do you have any more info? ;)
  17. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Scott, are you going to go into deep depression when nothing happens this week? Just wondering...Haha
    sweatyBeef likes this.
  18. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Nope. If the Nexus is/has:

A) A locked and encrypted bootloader(the latter being the important point)

B) Only 16GB and $299

or

C) pushed into December

I won't be getting it.
    HLogic likes this.
  19. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

"Likely"? Really?
  20. pcriz

pcriz Well-Known Member

Why yes it is Iori, KoF fan?
  21. harpua

harpua Well-Known Member

i just wanted to let everyone know i've checked this thread a few times today and there haven't been any positive updates about getting our gnex anytime sooner
  22. scottg96

Fixed :) You guys seriously need to get your whens and ifs straight :p
    But seriously, if it doesn't happen tomorrow I'll hope for the next day, and the next, etc.
    I don't get upset when it doesn't come when I want it to, I just keep looking forward until it does.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

PS - we find no value in vulgarity.

There's really no further need of it.

Please drop the words douche, dbag and the like.

Also, there is no need to continue to attempt to bypass our word filters with stars or the like.

I apologize that I hit submit earlier, before clarifying these points.

Moving forward, I will be quite specific in addressing vulgarity against this warning.

Thank you.
    NightAngel79, Ninjak, F150FAN and 9 others like this.
  24. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

25. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Alright, I was just wondering because you are so pumped and so adamant about it releasing at some point this week, that it seems like if (when) it doesn't, you are going to be gravely disappointed...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.