• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFC looks like it could be fun. I think it my take time for it to catch on.
There needs to be more of a demand for it.

Posted this on reddit:
Weekend Project: Make Your Own NFC Tags
This gets me really excited. Imagine embedding an NFC tag in the pocket of my jeans, on my night table, on my desk, etc. I can perform multiple actions all at once without any more effort than placing my phone on a chip ;D

Reactions: zerocooler and jmar
Upvote 0
Not being a major concern but just out of curiosity; has anyone seen a screenshot or video where the new music player integration into the notification shade is shown?

How about any new developments on the inclusion of a barometer? I remember folks speculating about GPS accuracy enhancement, but that was soon after debunked by a barometric studies expert.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
I feel like I give "Thanks" to posts too often... is this bad? :S

Not at all.. Thank you! :)

I lol'd and my cat looked up at me, blinked, and laid his head back down.

I think you got the fever. Not as bad as me, but you have the fever. Regarding your other post, I don't mind buying by pre-order, in this case, because I've already handled the device by watching all the youtube demos. :)

Samsung Galaxy Disappointment?

I feel ya.

Sorry. I should have been clearer. Is the Nexus that great a device? Or would the average user be happy with the rezound or razr?

Any one of these phones are great, frankly.

I understand the rules of the thread and all but honestly all the football talk and video game talk is really grinding my nerves. Not that I don't like football or video games but seriously it's just a bit much here.

Slightly off topic or jokingly sliding off topic yet remaining in the realm of the topic is fine. Even going off topic for a minute to add a little levity is fine and much appreciated. Having a post by post nfl analysis is just way too much. Please keep it to a minimum I implore you.

Hate to be a buzzkill and I'm not usually that guy but I had to say something. I apologize in advance if I offended anyone.

The nature of this thread is that it goes off-topic. What I've done is to keep the original post up to date with the latest information, so you don't have to sift through everything if you don't want to or don't have the time to. Sorry for the inconvenience. This type of thread isn't for everybody, but you've got that OP. :)

EDIT: I think this thread is going to be a record setter for Android Forums, beating out the HTC Incredible thread, and boy am I happy about that. :)

@Phases... 11:30am? (Steven scratches his head and tries to figure this one out. Why not saaaaaaaay 11:31 am?) ;) :p

Upvote 0
Those are really good deals. But I came to a decision several years ago that I will never again compromise to save a "few" bucks. No more sitting in the last row at concerts for example. The only way I don't hold out for this device is if it turns out to be a buggy epic failure. I'll wait til next year if need be.

I still believe that the SGSII-HD-LTE should have been the Nexus,
And the SGSII-HD still may come to Verizon soon.
Who knows?

Upvote 0
Not being a major concern but just out of curiosity; has anyone seen a screenshot or video where the new music player integration into the notification shade is shown?

How about any new developments on the inclusion of a barometer? I remember folks speculating about GPS accuracy enhancement, but that was soon after debunked by a barometric studies expert.

Ya know, I was just about to ask the same thing. Also, I'm interested in seeing how media playback is handled in the lockscreen; is it all media playing controls (anything that has "media volume") or is it only the Google Music app?

Upvote 0
If I were you I would count on the Nexus coming before the end of November, because from what I can tell that seems like the most likely situation right now.

You say that as if you have some sort of inside info, and I'm pretty sure you don't. I don't mind optimism, but I do mind "from what I can tell" type predictions. I'm thinking "I think" would be more accurate. None of us know anything, unfortunately, except that it's coming before the end of the year. Anything beyond that is pure speculation and rumor.

I do share your hope that it'll be here before December, but there's no facts supporting any date, and you should point that out when people ask about the situation ;)

Upvote 0

I don't recall any debunking, but I do recall a rep from Google saying that it is there to help satellite lock more quickly.

Upvote 0
Not at all.. Thank you! :)

I think you got the fever. Not as bad as me, but you have the fever. Regarding your other post, I don't mind buying by pre-order, in this case, because I've already handled the device by watching all the youtube demos. :)

I feel ya.

Any one of these phones are great, frankly.

The nature of this thread is that it goes off-topic. What I've done is to keep the original post up to date with the latest information, so you don't have to sift through everything if you don't want to or don't have the time to. Sorry for the inconvenience. This type of thread isn't for everybody, but you've got that OP. :)

EDIT: I think this thread is going to be a record setter for Android Forums, beating out the HTC Incredible thread, and boy am I happy about that. :)

@Phases... 11:30am? (Steven scratches his head and tries to figure this one out. Why not saaaaaaaay 11:31 am?) ;) :p

I think he meant 11:30 am as just a time of the day to close the thread and move discussion to the other threads. Unless he has some specific reasoning or information he's not telling us... ;)

Upvote 0
So who's ready to pick up the Nexus tomorrow?!

Me me me
gbPxtaI5qr0jsjp9CtYQ2EICo1_400.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones