***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

I cannot help but wonder what is the criteria for selecting phone testers.

If they picked some of the people from this forum we would have revealed and submitted all the bugs in a 24 hour period and the phone would have been out a month ago.

Advertisement
    shawn218, drbugsmn and MoPhoMan like this.
  2. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

A. If I kept my customers in the dark like VZW does I would be out of business.

B. A bunch of carriers (even smaller ones) are or already have announced release dates. Rule the air my ass!

C. I am over it! I will be looking at different phones and.or carriers tomorrow. If I find a good phone and deal, bye bye VZW. I may even import a Nexus for AT&T.

I may stick with VZW and get this phone if they ever allow it. But as I said I am over it. VZW sure knows how to take the excitement out of something that should be AMAZING
    Highwayman, Trooper and Sushibagel like this.
  3. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

I prefer as few bugs as possible when released but I can see why some need it now
  4. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

Scott something, apparently the most hated user on REDDIT.
  5. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Two chances of a release date: Slim and None.
  6. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

The Bangles. susannah hoffs was HOT!!
  7. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

To this point I have intentionally NOT gone to Verizon and played with the Rezound. I am an impulsive buyer when it comes to technology and I know that. I am also a teacher, coach etc. VERY busy so I have very little free time. After tomorrow I find myself with a very long weekend with very little to do aside from eat and watch football. I need something from Verizon in the next 48 hours to keep me from buying the Rezound over the weekend. I want the Nexus, but I know if I go to Verizon I will walk away with the Rezound.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  8. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Are you stock? If you are your og is a beast! Many roms solved the problem but stock sucks bad.
  9. MoPhoMan

Lunchtime...there are some things I just won't give up
  10. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

We should be careful about inferences from these Amazon penny sales and similar sales by other authorized agents. Last I knew, carriers paid significant payments to authorized agents who bring in a new customer. It has been quite a while ago, but $300 comes to mind as a common amount. Agents could pocket the money, but they often used a major part to discount phones.

If this is still true today
  11. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

this!!!!!
  12. Jonathan SCE

Jonathan SCE Well-Known Member

I don't want to root my phone until I already have the SGN on hand.
  13. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

14. SittingMoose

SittingMoose Member

Ah, in that case I'll remove it myself. I didn't see that post requesting the video not be added. I apologize.
  15. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

I am running 2.2.2 and have not rooted it so I have whatever OTA Verizon last pushed out.

I am running GoLauncher. Maybe that is causing it? It also also used to happen on LauncherPro.
  16. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

I would be fine if they delayed it to get the bugs out, but a little communication would be nice. Up until now, we barely have official confirmation from Verizon that the phone is coming out on their network at all.
  17. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

Black Friday - biggest shopping day of the year. I'm pretty sure that's why they're shooting for it, who knows though. :confused:
  18. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I'm as anxious as anyone for the GNex but am I the only one who is just going to patiently wait for it?
    jbdan likes this.
  19. mfecik

mfecik Well-Known Member

I really find it hard to believe that most people will be:

1. Breaking down the VZW doors to get at this phone but us. Especially since it really isn't getting any marketing and they haven't even set a release date.

2. Much extra traffic will go to VZW on BF.

I don't mind if it gets released BF or not, I will go to BB after the crowds die down, it wont be on sale so I really can't see people grabbing it up that fast.

Just my opinion.

THANKS TO YOUR SISTER HAN! She keeps my hopes alive!
  20. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member

SCOTT, GO TO CLASS! Your education is all you truly have in this world.
    Crashumbc likes this.
  21. TheWaiter

TheWaiter Member

maybe a middle name;)
  22. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

I think there was 1 other guy who had that plan, but it could just be a rumor.
    Crashumbc and MoPhoMan like this.
  23. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

Seems like that would depend on the nature of the issue. Having phones already in the stores is no impediment to bug fixes than can be made with OTA updates. Further, if they were planning to start sales this week, they would need phones out to the stores.
  24. MoPhoMan

GoLauncher is notorious for redraw/lags
  25. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

haha, I know I'm really late, but this was seriously funny. I was howling. Well done, sir.

EDIT: <jamesearljones>WELCOME to page 852</jamesearljones>
    TheRoosevelt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.