• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

Been lurking since about the 20k post count. I haven't posted till now because I had nothing to contribute, and realistically I don't now either. But to follow a thread this big and not at least get my name on it seemed like a disservice to myself.

I did call my local Verizon store to see if I could glean any information using my excellent persuasive skills and charm.

Me: Hi, I was wondering if you have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in stock?
Female sales associate: No the phone hasn't launched yet.
Me: Oh, when will it be launching?
Female sales associate: I do not know, sir.
Me: Alright, thank you.

It was like talking to a robot.

I was hoping to have the GNex over Thanksgiving so I could be messing with it instead of interacting with extended family. Now I have no excuse considering my Eris is barely usable. Damn you Verizon for forcing me into conversation with these crazy people!

Welcome to chaos!

Upvote 0
I know that calling in and asking verizon employees doesn't really get us any new information, and I wouldn't suggest calling in if that's your only reason for calling. BUT, if you are calling in, it never hurts to ask, and it's good to let Verizon know (even if it's at the lowest level) that there is a big interest in this phone.

It's possible that this information doesn't get passed to the powers that be, but it's possible it will get passed on too.

Upvote 0
I wish folks would learn to reply to the video posts by deleting the video from the reply. It would help the Mods keep the clutter down.

Man... :rolleyes:

If that would have happened I wouldn't have caught Roosevelt's awesome video since I didn't catch the OP. I say leave 'em. If the mods need them removed due to clutter I'm sure they would say so.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Greetings all,

Been lurking since about the 20k post count. I haven't posted till now because I had nothing to contribute, and realistically I don't now either. But to follow a thread this big and not at least get my name on it seemed like a disservice to myself.

I did call my local Verizon store to see if I could glean any information using my excellent persuasive skills and charm.

I was hoping to have the GNex over Thanksgiving so I could be messing with it instead of interacting with extended family. Now I have no excuse considering my Eris is barely usable. Damn you Verizon for forcing me into conversation with these crazy people!

Welcome to the Show! :)

Upvote 0
I'm sad to report that I'm about through worrying with the Nexus. For such a flagship phone, it seems to be having more than its share of issues already. I don't want another Thunderbolt-like phone that I end up needing to return. I'm certainly gonna step out if the launch day line and watch a few weeks. The Galaxy S III might replace the Nexus on my wishlist.

Reactions: bcltoys
Upvote 0
Greetings all,

Whew, another Eris. Haven't they outlawed those things yet. Anyways, welcome!

Upvote 0
I don't know about cameras... But seems like a while back I read 2.75, if that even makes sense

The ReZound comes in at 2.2 which is quite good for a phone camera. When you go to try it out at stores it really shows too. You can shoot indoors with little to no blur. 2.75 sounds to be in the right range, but I'm not sure. 2.2 is definitely better than 2.75 but if that is the case, it isn't bad.

Upvote 0
Also wondering about the zoom. My Tour goes to 2X and I'm hoping it can at least hit that...

Don't worry about the zoom, it's all digital zoom anyway which means it is cropping the photo in real time, thus reducing resolution, to create a "zoom" effect. You can do the same by taking a full 5MP picture and cropping it to what you want.

Reactions: Sushibagel
Upvote 0
The things people will do to get their Nexus

380002_206844939389556_126894987384552_471985_297323640_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones