1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SittingMoose

SittingMoose Member

Hmm, I respectfully disagree. Remember, Verizon doesn't really make money on selling the actual handset...they make money off of the contract you sign. They could care less what smartphone you purchase...as long as you buy one. If that means that you buy a RAZR, return it, buy a Rezound, return it, and get a Nexus...it's still just one contract.

However, you can factor in agreements and contracts with handset carriers such as Motorola. It sounds like they have a joint marketing agreement with DROID handsets and so Verizon is more inclined to sell DROID handsets. But I'm guessing it's just to the extent of marketing.

Also, I heard (on this forum) that Verizon always institutes an extended return policy during the holidays to allow customers more flexibility for returns. At the end of the day, it brings in more customers because they feel comfortable with the fact that they can return handsets if they want to.

They know what's going on and they've already calculated the potential ramifications of refurbished handsets.

P.S. If you think about it, it creates another potential market that reaches more customers. There are a certain number of customers out there who purchase phones based on price. Some people don't mind a slightly used, but perfectly functioning phone for free over the same phone for $100. Not everyone shops smartly (like taking advantage of the Amazon Wireless sale going on right now) but still want to save...
  2. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Well-Known Member

Asus also is one of the few companies that actually manufacturers notebooks/laptops, and builds some of the dells, hp, apple products. I had an Asus notebook, it was a really nice machine. There mobo's are fantastic for geeks that wanna overclock. Very well built.
  3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I would contact a mod for any site related question. I had one yesterday about the language policy and EarlyMon was extremely helpful without being overbearing.
    jbdan likes this.
  4. Valyrian

Valyrian Active Member

5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Nitpicking is good. You never know when what everyone else considers a minuscule issue is a deal breaker for you.
  6. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

7. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member

ASUS far from being a "walmart" brand.
    Highwayman, bldgengineer and drbugsmn like this.
  8. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Well-Known Member

Agreed! I mentioned earlier how many namebrand notebooks that they actually manufacture. The mobos in our Compaq servers are asus also. They are everywhere.
  9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Huh. Wow!
    I'm afk. Someone remind me to add this to the op later. Tia.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  10. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

11. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I agree to some point -- I guess hating is a better word.

XDA is filled with people who are hating on the phone and don't even have one yet and I am sure they are just frustrated with the fact that its not out in the US yet.
  12. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

It depends how they fix it. It's been proven to be a hardware issue, so if they release new handsets with the issue fixed I'll be all over it, I love the phone and I'm sure you guys will to.

If they release some sort of half arsed software patch to mask the issue, I'll have to take a view as to how that affected the phone's performance. Looks like you guys in the US should have no such issues.
  13. TheGuardian

TheGuardian Well-Known Member

Yea, it looks a bit dark I guess, but I dont really see anything wrong with it.
  14. AntimonyER

Yeah, true, I saw your comment, hadn't read the article. Nitpicking is good, hating is bad.
  15. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I can't wait to have a gig of ram and fast access to storage!

Accessing a class 2 MicroSD card on my Droid is painfully slow and available RAM is always balanced on a razor's edge.
    BobF and ryancmatchett like this.
  16. statepenn03

statepenn03 Well-Known Member

From AC:

ajoudi84, Ninjak, F150FAN and 17 others like this.
  17. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

18. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Stuck in the middle with you. Steel wheelers or.something to that effect
    drbugsmn likes this.
  19. bammbamm

bammbamm Active Member

Asus makes motherboards, along with gigabyte they are the most trusted choice for pc enthusiast

Edit: actually I bet you were thinking of ACER not Asus
    drbugsmn likes this.
  20. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

So I guess $619 is the off-contract price.

Also a lot of people using Mac or Linux are talking about using WiFi file transfer instead of having to plug into their computer at all.
  21. AntimonyER

Wait. So the price is $619? Or is that the direct retailer cost? And they can pre-order for customers, or just themselves? But yes, Galaxy Nexus. Best Buy was just lazy in updating the name.
  22. webz

webz Active Member

Interestingman likes this.
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Let's face it, xda is not known for being friendly. They have good info of you're willing to search and search for it.

Will everything being in the phone itself make accessing the gallery quicker? That's almost painfully slow on any rom I use.
  24. lightsout

lightsout Well-Known Member

When did it stop being beneficial to build your own computer?
    bammbamm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.