• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Samsung, for confirming Nexus Prime - GSMArena.com news

If this can be believed, it will ship with the Exynos processor. That would be sweet indeed.

I honestly think Sammy will make the or already have made the successor to the Nexus line, but I believe that leak is FAKE. The word Nexus Prime was so forcefully used. Oct is almost here and Google will show off IC and hopefully the phone as well.

I have a feeling it'll be later then Oct. It could be but if we don't see heavier leaks of images and other rumors/info of the Prime next month which is a month away from Oct, then I think it'll be out in Nov-Dec. That's about the same timing of the first Nexus and Nexus S. Then again, Google's yearly new UI and other things are revealed around Oct so yea, it could be Oct. Not to much longer of a wait..

I can't wait to see the phone, but one thing that will make me very happy behind the announcement is having it launch on every carrier that already carries a Nexus phone and Verizon. Even if it's a week apart but all in the same month I could dig it. It would only be proper and smart to compete with other phones that are on several carriers. They messed up sale wise with the first one and then late to other carriers with the last one. What will they do with the Prime III?

Upvote 0
The specs I've seen talk about the screen being a Super AMOLED PenTile Matrix display. WTF is that? I was hoping to stay away from PenTile.

Yeah, but I think I read somewhere that PenTile gets less and less crappy the higher the resolution. But not sure.

SAMOLED screens have a great reputation. I highly doubt that they're going to trash it with a crappy display all of a sudden. I think Moto went the cheap route.

Reactions: johnny#5
Upvote 0
The way I see it. I can hold onto my DX until Christmas. I've 13.5 months. Another 4 months won't kill me. For me, it's between the Vigor and the Prime. I must confess, I love sense. On the hand, I love custom Mods. What to do? What to do?

Upvote 0
The way I see it. I can hold onto my DX until Christmas. I've 13.5 months. Another 4 months won't kill me. For me, it's between the Vigor and the Prime. I must confess, I love sense. On the hand, I love custom Mods. What to do? What to do?

Wow.. I remember when you were on your way to 1000 posts and still looking forward to the Incredible:eek::eek::eek: Im a little surprised you've kept the DX 14 months:)

Reactions: Grandmadroid
Upvote 0
This wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for me... I get my last NE2 in December.

Same here. I was a pre-order adopter of the Incredible so all those folks are coming due around Dec, unless they early upgraded. I've been saving that last NE2 for something worthy, and my focus is now on the Prime since the SGSII got passed over. Better have LTE, though.

Upvote 0
Same here. I was a pre-order adopter of the Incredible so all those folks are coming due around Dec, unless they early upgraded. I've been saving that last NE2 for something worthy, and my focus is now on the Prime since the SGSII got passed over. Better have LTE, though.

Agreed. My preorder Inc is still going strong thanks to CM7. I've been waiting patiently for LTE phones to mature a little and at this point I will not consider a phone unless it has LTE.

Im intrigued by the Vigor. But with how slow updates have been on the Inc I really want a pure android (nexus) phone.

Upvote 0
I know this is a shopped up concept of the Galaxy S III, but it's a good idea of a phone without physical buttons. If the Prime looks anything like this, I'll be in cell phone nirvana:

samsung_galaxy_s_III_concept.jpg

What say you?

Reactions: Bonez and johnny#5
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones